Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour leadership.... 18:10 - Feb 17 with 3371 viewsitfcjoe

I've joined the Labour party, and trying to follow the candidates in the leadership election and come across this from Nandy, who up until this point had been impressing me.

Questioned about whether Christopher Worton, a multiple child rapist who now identifies as a woman should be able to serve his sentence in a women's prison basically says "trans-women are women, and should be able to serve sentence in a women's prison" - what's worse for me is that you hear this rubbish and the audience all applauds.

This after her and RLB signed that Trans-Pledge thing the other day which says that any critics of Trans ideology should be expelled from the party.

Looks like Labour is happy to carry on burying itself down rabbit holes which affect 0.01% of the population and tie itself in knots over it.

If this Trans pledge becomes policy I'll be sending back my membership card - it's just utter bollox

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Labour leadership.... on 20:26 - Feb 17 with 582 viewsLord_Lucan

Labour leadership.... on 20:20 - Feb 17 by footers

But on the other hand you are asking someone, like my relative, to undergo hugely traumatic interviews, procedures and processes in order to 'become' another physical gender in the eyes of the law. That process is months long and massively stressful as it is, inlcuding very severe surgery and psychiatric treatment.

These prison cases are a tiny minority and not representative of the whole.

There should be some line drawn, but where is difficult to tell.

I'm not saying that people out their aren't genuine, I'm just suggesting that hairy arsed Dave on B wing is trying it on. From what I read on here Nandy is too scared to agree - even if she does.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Labour leadership.... on 20:32 - Feb 17 with 558 viewsfooters

Labour leadership.... on 20:26 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

I'm not saying that people out their aren't genuine, I'm just suggesting that hairy arsed Dave on B wing is trying it on. From what I read on here Nandy is too scared to agree - even if she does.

True. But basing an opinion on the entire trans policy off the back of a few select cases seems to be disproportionate to me, that's all.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Labour leadership.... on 20:56 - Feb 17 with 529 viewsitfcjoe

Labour leadership.... on 20:26 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

And the Trans women sport stars competing in women’s events that they are able to physically dominate.

There is clearly a chasm between someone who has had to go through all the surgery to someone who has just decided to self ID and a line needs to be drawn somewhere - but trying to draw the line at the point of those who Self ID is just wrong, and labelling anyone who disagrees with that a Transphobe or a TERF is ridiculous

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Labour leadership.... on 21:04 - Feb 17 with 517 viewsSwansea_Blue

Labour leadership.... on 20:56 - Feb 17 by itfcjoe

And the Trans women sport stars competing in women’s events that they are able to physically dominate.

There is clearly a chasm between someone who has had to go through all the surgery to someone who has just decided to self ID and a line needs to be drawn somewhere - but trying to draw the line at the point of those who Self ID is just wrong, and labelling anyone who disagrees with that a Transphobe or a TERF is ridiculous

What happens if someone genuinely self identifies but doesn’t want to go through medical procedures? There are people like that and they’ve had to fight to get as far as they’ve got. You’d be taking what little progress that’s been made away from them.

If people are gaming a system/position that people rely on, wouldn’t it be better to catch the cheats rather than change the system? No idea how you’d do that though. It’s obviously not straight forward.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024