Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich 09:33 - Feb 29 with 12270 viewsSomethingBlue

Was at Carrow Road last night and, for one reason or another, have been to see them a few times this season. It's just night and day now, the difference between the clubs — the matchday experience, the way the stadium looks, the atmosphere, and of course the football being played. If there are still two divisions between us next season, and I make a good chance of that because there's no reason they can't stay up now, then they are gone for many, many years and the gap may actually never be bridged. The gulf will only become wider, by a tune of hundreds of millions, and although we all say football is cyclical I'm not so sure that's the case these days due to the way finances have changed. Every success story includes some luck, and every story of dereliction includes some ill fortune, but overall the level of competence with which they have been run over the past decade and a half in comparison to Town should be regarded as an absolute embarrassment. It actually hurts to think about it for too long.

Aware this is not a new observation and, for some, I know the comparisons are tedious. But for many of us it's all too deep-set!
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 9:34]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Norwich on 15:52 - Feb 29 with 682 viewsdaisyisabaddog

Norwich on 11:01 - Feb 29 by PrideOfTheEast

There’s not really a good chance they’ll stay up is there.

There is no chance they will stay up but having watched the game on TV last night it has to be said there is a huge gulf between us now. Someone above has said that you're only one bad appointment from disaster and I hate to bang on about it but you're also only one bad dismissal from disaster. They would probably accept that they have been slightly lucky appointing Farke and the football director whose name escapes me. It used to be the case that football was cyclical but not any more. If they are careful this summer they will be set up for years whereas in 2 years time we could easily be the most indebted club in League 2. We must pray that Lambert goes in the summer......
Norwich on 16:08 - Feb 29 with 612 viewslondontractorboy57

Norwich on 09:50 - Feb 29 by Bent_double

I think you need to explain yourself, going to watch the budgies a few times in one season is just not on!

They still probably need 12-15 points from 30 to stay up, possible, but unlikely - not sure what their run-in is like though.

Sure, they are miles ahead of us atm, but many, many clubs have got promoted to the PL, managed to hang around for 5 or 6 seasons before it all comes crashing down, big style, and they end up in L1 with players on £2m a year contracts.

It will click for us one day, the right manager, the right players and we'll be back up there...I guess we just have to be very, very, very patient.

He's a budgie.
Norwich on 16:12 - Feb 29 with 583 viewsBackToRussia

Norwich on 16:08 - Feb 29 by londontractorboy57

He's a budgie.

No, you are!

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024