Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have a new strategy for Ipswich Town 12:31 - Mar 1 with 1528 viewsthebooks

Buy some good players and get a better manager in.

You’re welcome.
I have a new strategy for Ipswich Town on 12:49 - Mar 1 with 1489 viewsITFC_Forever

How are you funding this radical new plan?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I have a new strategy for Ipswich Town on 12:50 - Mar 1 with 1487 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I have a new strategy for Ipswich Town on 12:49 - Mar 1 by ITFC_Forever

Same old simple approach here I’m afraid. This idea in order to get good players you need mass funding.

Far from the truth, better recruitment is at the heart of it.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

I have a new strategy for Ipswich Town on 14:28 - Mar 1 with 1437 viewsthebooks

Not sure my salary would stretch to it, to be honest.

If the club was part of a big, profitable business owned by someone with a fortune in the hundreds of millions, I’m sure it could find a way.
I have a new strategy for Ipswich Town on 14:35 - Mar 1 with 1422 viewsWD19

It could be a collective effort maybe. Just 25k Adults buying a season ticket out of solidarity with the owner, whom they would also like to pony up a bit more.
I have a new strategy for Ipswich Town on 16:35 - Mar 1 with 1375 viewsITFC_Forever

I have a new strategy for Ipswich Town on 14:28 - Mar 1 by thebooks

Not sure my salary would stretch to it, to be honest.

If the club was part of a big, profitable business owned by someone with a fortune in the hundreds of millions, I’m sure it could find a way.

Why would someone who is worth all that money and made all that profit simply burn tens of millions of it just because people want him to?

I have a new strategy for Ipswich Town on 18:46 - Mar 1 with 1324 viewsblueconscience

Director of Football and some better scouts would be a good start.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

I have a new strategy for Ipswich Town on 18:57 - Mar 1 with 1299 viewsDevereuxxx

Why does it require mass funding?

Look at the teams above us. I'll be honest I barely know half of their starting line-ups but they have managers who are able to get the best out of what's available to them. That's what a good manager should be able to, rather than throw money at the situation.

A better manager would get more out of this squad. Simple.
I have a new strategy for Ipswich Town on 19:33 - Mar 1 with 1275 viewsITFC_Forever

I have a new strategy for Ipswich Town on 18:57 - Mar 1 by Devereuxxx

Why does it require mass funding?

Look at the teams above us. I'll be honest I barely know half of their starting line-ups but they have managers who are able to get the best out of what's available to them. That's what a good manager should be able to, rather than throw money at the situation.

A better manager would get more out of this squad. Simple.

Because the OP said “buy”.

Login to get fewer ads

I have a new strategy for Ipswich Town on 19:54 - Mar 1 with 1239 viewsBackToRussia

I have a new strategy for Ipswich Town on 16:35 - Mar 1 by ITFC_Forever

Why would someone who is worth all that money and made all that profit simply burn tens of millions of it just because people want him to?

No one forced him to buy the club.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

I have a new strategy for Ipswich Town on 20:07 - Mar 1 with 1209 viewsITFC_Forever

I have a new strategy for Ipswich Town on 19:54 - Mar 1 by BackToRussia

No one forced him to buy the club.

Very true.

But the game has moved on, got much richer and we’ve been left behind. That’s not entirely ME’s fault.

I have a new strategy for Ipswich Town on 20:10 - Mar 1 with 1194 viewsSwansea_Blue

I have a new strategy for Ipswich Town on 20:07 - Mar 1 by ITFC_Forever

Very true.

But the game has moved on, got much richer and we’ve been left behind. That’s not entirely ME’s fault.

We’ve only got left behind because he’s screwed up pretty much every major decision he’s had to make. It’s his failure we’re sliding under him. He needs to own it and do something different or sell up and clear off.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I have a new strategy for Ipswich Town on 20:14 - Mar 1 with 1187 viewsBackToRussia

I have a new strategy for Ipswich Town on 20:07 - Mar 1 by ITFC_Forever

Very true.

I have some sympathy for that, although I think you could also argue that it was fairly clear in which direction football was trending finance wise. The championship took a while to catch up to the PL spending (relatively) but was always likely to.

The fact he didn't really seem to have a plan beyond chuck 10m at it and hire Roy Keane wasn't good enough and meant we've been falling ever since that didn't work out, MM aside.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

I have a new strategy for Ipswich Town on 21:08 - Mar 1 with 1139 viewsITFC_Forever

I have a new strategy for Ipswich Town on 20:14 - Mar 1 by BackToRussia

I have some sympathy for that, although I think you could also argue that it was fairly clear in which direction football was trending finance wise. The championship took a while to catch up to the PL spending (relatively) but was always likely to.

The fact he didn't really seem to have a plan beyond chuck 10m at it and hire Roy Keane wasn't good enough and meant we've been falling ever since that didn't work out, MM aside.

Yes, I get all that and I’m certainly not a ME apologist.

As you say, his plan when he came in didn’t extend much beyond chuck RK and £10m at it.

And when that didn’t work, he’s made bad decision after bad decision.

And in the meantime, the game has moved on massively, not just in the Prem but in the Champ as well....it’s now too rich for ME and L1 suits him and the budget he can / will run to.

I’ve no idea what his end game / exit plan can be, but he knows he’s stuck with a lame horse and can’t get rid of it. He’s now the guy at the poker table only playing the blinds and hoping the miracle hand turns up to luck his way out of it.
However, continually making bad decisions (five year contract to PL being the latest mind-boggler), he simply continues to shoot himself / us in the foot.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024