Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skuse 13:07 - Mar 8 with 6343 viewsstewartm

Is the most ineffective defensive midfielder I have watched (that includes the last two seasons) and no wonder Ipswich have looked brittle at the back for years, with this man in front of captain calamity any team who run at us or fight for rebounds will usually score, dread to mention move into space or play one twos. You can sack as many managers as you like BUT until the ‘dead wood’ is cleared out and Ipswich really do start afresh, then with the likes of Skuse Chambers Dozzell Kenlock and sh,t loans we are in serious trouble!

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Skuse on 10:04 - Mar 9 with 1702 viewsHerbivore

The up arrows for the OP have the makings of a decent div list.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Skuse on 10:21 - Mar 9 with 1690 viewsgoat_man

Skuse and his lack of mobility is one of the main reasons we concede a lot of goals from that area two yards outside of the area. He is slow to the loose ball and other teams nip in and often then score. The truth is, at any other club Skuse would have been released 5 years ago and not continually selected based on the perceived value of his "experience" in football.
Skuse on 10:55 - Mar 9 with 1666 viewsitfcjoe

Skuse on 10:21 - Mar 9 by goat_man

Skuse and his lack of mobility is one of the main reasons we concede a lot of goals from that area two yards outside of the area. He is slow to the loose ball and other teams nip in and often then score. The truth is, at any other club Skuse would have been released 5 years ago and not continually selected based on the perceived value of his "experience" in football.

We don't concede a lot of goals, we've had 2 bad games this season where we conceded 5 at Lincoln and 4 at Peterborough - take those 2 out and we've conceded 27 in 34.

Also, it seems to be forgotten that Skuse and Kenlock were 2 players that were regulars in our good start where we were defensively excellent and not played as much since then.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Skuse on 11:44 - Mar 9 with 1627 viewsOsborneOneNil

Skuse on 10:04 - Mar 9 by itfcjoe

It's not about 'rating' him, I've never personally been his biggest fan and can see thy he gets criticism - but you don't play 500 games in the second tier under a number of different managers if you are hopeless.

But every game we struggle, him and Chambers are seen as the problem when that is far from the case - he is currently a player who is in and out of the side as it is.

Ok, so you don’t particularly rate him either, and understand why he gets criticised...but because he’s played 500 times in tier 2 under various managers you’re ok.

Form your own opinion of the player, Joe.
Skuse on 12:48 - Mar 9 with 1599 viewsBiGDonnie

Skuse on 18:32 - Mar 8 by itfcjoe

Skuse and Chambers are seen as Mick’s men, people aren’t able to separate them at all as though they are one and the same.

Knudsen was too, think Sears is excused because he is seen as a player who was ‘ruined’ by Mick by being played out wide

I don't rate Skuse at all. Never have, never will. But MM has absolutely zero bearing on my thoughts towards him.

Doesn't mean I'm thick at all, just that we obviously see something different when viewing Skuse.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Skuse on 13:00 - Mar 9 with 1587 viewsitfcjoe

Skuse on 11:44 - Mar 9 by OsborneOneNil

Ok, so you don’t particularly rate him either, and understand why he gets criticised...but because he’s played 500 times in tier 2 under various managers you’re ok.

There is forming own opinions and then just lacking total common sense - just because he isn't my type of player doesn't mean I can't appreciate that he clealry has been a decent player and is far from the route of our issues.

Players don't hang around in the football league, let alone the 2nd tier for no reason

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Skuse on 13:12 - Mar 9 with 1567 viewsBiGDonnie

Skuse on 11:44 - Mar 9 by OsborneOneNil

I think you've got the same built in 'Skuse-dar' I have!

COYBs

Skuse on 13:14 - Mar 9 with 1562 viewsHerbivore

Skuse on 13:12 - Mar 9 by BiGDonnie

I think you've got the same built in 'Skuse-dar' I have!

Think they only installed it on the experimental Numbskull version of human beings.

Login to get fewer ads

Skuse on 13:21 - Mar 9 with 1544 viewsBiGDonnie

Skuse on 13:14 - Mar 9 by Herbivore

Think they only installed it on the experimental Numbskull version of human beings.

Welcome to the club, Herb!

COYBs

Skuse on 14:43 - Mar 9 with 1508 viewsOsborneOneNil

Skuse on 13:14 - Mar 9 by Herbivore

Here he is, knew you wouldn't be able to resist.

Can't believe you're still using the word 'numbskull'. Kinda ironic, don't you think?
Skuse on 14:44 - Mar 9 with 1502 viewsHerbivore

Skuse on 14:43 - Mar 9 by OsborneOneNil

Here he is, knew you wouldn't be able to resist.

Can't believe you're still using the word 'numbskull'. Kinda ironic, don't you think?

I don't think you understand what irony is.

Skuse on 14:48 - Mar 9 with 1489 viewsjeera

Skuse on 14:44 - Mar 9 by Herbivore

I don't think you understand what irony is.

Who would have thought it figured?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Skuse on 14:51 - Mar 9 with 1485 viewsDanTheMan

These daily threads on Chambers and Skuse are getting tiresome.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I am one to criticise Skuse for not grabbing a game.. Saturday he was... on 15:18 - Mar 9 with 1461 viewsunstableblue

... actually good.

As was Edwards, Bishop, Wolfenden and at times Judge.

What we lacked, unlike an excellent Coventry side (both technical personal player attributes and technical team system/shape/movement - see their goal as an exemplar) was a system and fluidity to make the use of our player having a good game.

Plus Garbutt and Nolan had absolute stinkers!
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 15:25]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I am one to criticise Skuse for not grabbing.. Saturday he was... on 15:21 - Mar 9 with 1452 viewsHerbivore

I am one to criticise Skuse for not grabbing a game.. Saturday he was... on 15:18 - Mar 9 by unstableblue

... actually good.

As was Edwards, Bishop, Wolfenden and at times Judge.

What we lacked, unlike an excellent Coventry side (both technical personal player attributes and technical team system/shape/movement - see their goal as an exemplar) was a system and fluidity to make the use of our player having a good game.

Plus Garbutt and Nolan had absolute stinkers!
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 15:25]

Garbutt has been off the boil for a while. Even his set pieces aren't up to much anymore. I can see why Oxford fans didn't rate him as a full back, I think he's looked way better the higher up the pitch we've played him.

I am one to criticise Skuse for not grabbing.. Saturday he was... on 16:34 - Mar 9 with 1425 viewsPJH

I am one to criticise Skuse for not grabbing.. Saturday he was... on 15:21 - Mar 9 by Herbivore

Garbutt has been off the boil for a while. Even his set pieces aren't up to much anymore. I can see why Oxford fans didn't rate him as a full back, I think he's looked way better the higher up the pitch we've played him.

Garbutt has not played well since just before he got injured.

As you say his set pieces are poor, there was some excuse at Blackpool in the gale but generally he has been either under hitting or over hitting them lately.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024