Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
italy 22:13 - Mar 11 with 1307 viewsjaykay

Juventus announce that Italy centre-back Daniele Rugani has tested positive for coronavirus.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

italy on 22:15 - Mar 11 with 1296 viewsTrequartista

How has it spread so fast and with such a lethal strike rate there ? - it arrived on January 31, the same day it arrived in the uk.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

italy on 22:17 - Mar 11 with 1261 viewsvapour_trail

That would be serie a done potentially. The squad must be looking to self-isolate until late March. Abandoned competition and start again in Aug?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

italy on 22:19 - Mar 11 with 1240 viewsBloomBlue

italy on 22:15 - Mar 11 by Trequartista

How has it spread so fast and with such a lethal strike rate there ? - it arrived on January 31, the same day it arrived in the uk.

Didnt the recent research in Italy establish it arrived in Nov but only identified in Jan?
italy on 22:25 - Mar 11 with 1208 viewsTerry_Nutkins

They have a lot of elderly and a lot more social interaction between old and young i.e. People living with parents/family/grandparents more etc. I believe this accounts a lot for why the death rate is much higher. It's still the same profiles it is killing i.e. elderly primarily with other conditions. Bad situation at their healthcare is overwhelmed.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

italy on 22:35 - Mar 11 with 1159 viewsMercian

italy on 22:17 - Mar 11 by vapour_trail

That would be serie a done potentially. The squad must be looking to self-isolate until late March. Abandoned competition and start again in Aug?

The Euros being postponed is also likely.
italy on 23:04 - Mar 11 with 1087 viewsBloomBlue

italy on 22:35 - Mar 11 by Mercian

The Euros being postponed is also likely.

And the Champions League I assume as Italian players won't be allowed out of the country and the opposition won't be allowed into Italy
italy on 00:18 - Mar 12 with 1048 viewsGuthrum

Combination of things, including the particular strain, getting into the healthcare system (infected doctors unwittingly passing it on to patients) and the authorities being caught out (not much room for error). Some of which being simply due to lack of reliable data in the early days. Perhaps they were just unfortunate.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

italy on 08:00 - Mar 12 with 959 viewsWeWereZombies

italy on 22:19 - Mar 11 by BloomBlue

Didnt the recent research in Italy establish it arrived in Nov but only identified in Jan?

That sounds more likely. The more I think about the heat detection wand that was waved across me as I went through passport control at Kansai airport for Osaka and the high number of Japanese that were wearing face masks the more I suspect that this virus was known about last year. But because we have become more insular in our news gathering (everything has to be done in English, right?) as at the same time more international in our trade then the more susceptible we are to not finding out about things - or being unable to rationally judge them when they do become apparent.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

italy on 08:06 - Mar 12 with 951 viewsBloomBlue

italy on 08:00 - Mar 12 by WeWereZombies

That sounds more likely. The more I think about the heat detection wand that was waved across me as I went through passport control at Kansai airport for Osaka and the high number of Japanese that were wearing face masks the more I suspect that this virus was known about last year. But because we have become more insular in our news gathering (everything has to be done in English, right?) as at the same time more international in our trade then the more susceptible we are to not finding out about things - or being unable to rationally judge them when they do become apparent.

I do wonder if it was a case of the symptoms were so like the common cold/flu there was an initial assumption this is just the normal winter outbreak of flu and it took a couple of months before it was realised it wasn't.
italy on 09:38 - Mar 12 with 892 viewsWeWereZombies

italy on 08:06 - Mar 12 by BloomBlue

I do wonder if it was a case of the symptoms were so like the common cold/flu there was an initial assumption this is just the normal winter outbreak of flu and it took a couple of months before it was realised it wasn't.

I should have said that that heat detection wand was waved over me on the last day of 2019. I do take your point but wonder if they had yet to identify this sudden blush of symptoms that were being detected so were worried about a reemergence of SARS or MERS.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

italy on 09:42 - Mar 12 with 884 viewsmonytowbray

italy on 08:06 - Mar 12 by BloomBlue

I had one hell of a case of flu at the start of November that had one hell of a long cough that lingered. It was going around. Not that there's any official links or anything.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024