Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Business Owners 18:30 - Mar 14 with 1029 viewsAce_High1

on here?

How are you reacting to the current situation?

I have a reasonably sized office team (14 people) and then engineering staff working out and about. Have not sent anyone home yet but wondering when I will need to.

Contingency plans regarding remote working for office are in place, not a lot we can do with the engineering staff other than send them home.
1
Any Business Owners on 18:39 - Mar 14 with 978 viewsblueconscience

Business as usual at the moment. I would love to just lock myself away for a few weeks, but just isn’t an option. Could only do maybe 60% of my job Whilst working from home.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

0

Any Business Owners on 18:40 - Mar 14 with 972 viewsAce_High1

Any Business Owners on 18:39 - Mar 14 by blueconscience

Business as usual at the moment. I would love to just lock myself away for a few weeks, but just isn’t an option. Could only do maybe 60% of my job Whilst working from home.


Yes, same.

We still have clients with project deadlines that need to be hit over next week or so.... although if we did have someone with symptoms we would take action.
0
Any Business Owners on 18:49 - Mar 14 with 935 viewsmonytowbray

I can do my job 100% remotely and I’m self employed so I am very lucky to have that option.

The truth is not the midpoint between a fact and a lie. https://www.soundcloud.com/dshappyboi
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

0

Any Business Owners on 19:12 - Mar 14 with 875 viewsGuthrum

Any Business Owners on 18:49 - Mar 14 by monytowbray

I can do my job 100% remotely and I’m self employed so I am very lucky to have that option.


I cannot work from home. Not possible. Would have to cease trading in the event of an extended lockdown.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

2
Any Business Owners on 19:14 - Mar 14 with 858 viewsfooters

Any Business Owners on 18:49 - Mar 14 by monytowbray

I can do my job 100% remotely and I’m self employed so I am very lucky to have that option.


You're self-employed?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: TWTD decides: dandelion and burdock

0
Any Business Owners on 19:45 - Mar 14 with 788 viewsborge

I have two small companies with 15 people. We can all work remotely and we're having a practice run on Monday, but suspect we'll not return to the office for the foreseeable.

The bigger concern is that 40% of my business is organising face to face research interviews. All projects have been postponed and whilst the other 60% of my business should be fine, I don't know how long I can keep paying people to do nothing. As far as possible I will get them involved in the aspects of the business that remain viable, but to what extent do I risk my own family's financial security in order to protect the financial security of my team?

Having spent ten years building the business and being very prudent, it's a tough one and slightly galling to see something that no one can control undoing our hard work. My aim in being prudent was firstly to ensure I could protect my team against any downturn and secondly to have a better future. Possibly going to fail on both fronts now.

Very interested to hear how other business owners feel.
0

Any Business Owners on 19:50 - Mar 14 with 772 viewsKBsSocks

Browser-based, open source web-conferencing software might come in handy for some remote-working:

http://docs.bigbluebutton.org/2.2/install.html

I'm sure there's somebody on here who could set it up on a server - anyone ?

Poll: Are Phil and Gav doing a great job re-TWTD ?
Blog: Comparison Time Again

0

Any Business Owners on 19:53 - Mar 14 with 763 viewsmonytowbray

Any Business Owners on 19:14 - Mar 14 by footers

You're self-employed?


Went freelance in November after I got fed up of office politics and bosses.

The truth is not the midpoint between a fact and a lie. https://www.soundcloud.com/dshappyboi
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

1
Login to get fewer ads

Any Business Owners on 19:54 - Mar 14 with 750 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Self isolating on and in multiple lawns and woodlands.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: 2 up top?

1

Any Business Owners on 20:02 - Mar 14 with 723 viewsAce_High1

Any Business Owners on 19:45 - Mar 14 by borge

I have two small companies with 15 people. We can all work remotely and we're having a practice run on Monday, but suspect we'll not return to the office for the foreseeable.

The bigger concern is that 40% of my business is organising face to face research interviews. All projects have been postponed and whilst the other 60% of my business should be fine, I don't know how long I can keep paying people to do nothing. As far as possible I will get them involved in the aspects of the business that remain viable, but to what extent do I risk my own family's financial security in order to protect the financial security of my team?

Having spent ten years building the business and being very prudent, it's a tough one and slightly galling to see something that no one can control undoing our hard work. My aim in being prudent was firstly to ensure I could protect my team against any downturn and secondly to have a better future. Possibly going to fail on both fronts now.

Very interested to hear how other business owners feel.


It is a difficult compromise.

We can only deliver our services by sending people to customers sites, but of course we then have to consider the health and wellbeing of our people.

I think its only a matter of time until someone gets ill and then we have to implement our contingency plans.
0

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2021