Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing that gets my goat and is really annoying ATM 14:08 - Mar 15 with 3618 viewsEly_Blue

We are in unprecedented times globally outside of wartime, countries are in lockdown etc.
And I appreciate that like @55holes everyone has an opinion.

What I wish is that the media, tv news stations, newspapers, tv “celebrities” and presenters would stop trying to police points score, this is not some sort of election campaign or opportunity for police points scoring, this is a case and time for everyone to show unity, not for self promotion or the opportunity in 6 months time to say “I was right, I told you so”

I wish that these people would put aside their personal opinions And get behind the message coming from governments that are backed by medical and scientific facts and use their energies to report the facts and ensure that everyone is following the governments advice.

Anyone who thinks that government has a reason to not have their people at the heart of what they are doing needs to seriously give their head a wobble.

And before I get slated for “but each country is doing something different to the rest” then just think about how 2 different people (countries in this instance) deal with a situation, each countries set of circumstances is difference to the next one so there isn’t a one size fits all approach from one country to the next

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

One thing that gets my goat and is really annoying ATM on 13:19 - Mar 16 with 543 viewsRyorry

One thing that gets my goat and is really annoying ATM on 09:24 - Mar 16 by StokieBlue

That's actually an awful hashtag. What is the justification behind that? Don't think Owen Jones article which was linked here yesterday would have helped much - he essentially pushed that narrative.

Glad I'm not on Twitter.

SB

Twitter is proving a huge boon if you're selective, and is keeping a lot of self-isolating people going.

Like everything else, including on here, it's all a matter of who you choose to read, and who you choose to avoid.

We really do need a proper 'block' facility on here like you can get on there (ie there, people you block because they've been abusive cannot then read your posts or reply to you.)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

One thing that gets my goat and is really annoying ATM on 13:37 - Mar 16 with 517 viewsGlasgowBlue

One thing that gets my goat and is really annoying ATM on 09:24 - Mar 16 by StokieBlue

That's actually an awful hashtag. What is the justification behind that? Don't think Owen Jones article which was linked here yesterday would have helped much - he essentially pushed that narrative.

Glad I'm not on Twitter.

SB

I see Piers Corbyn is peddling the usual conspiracies.

At least these people are being shown up for what they are.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 13:38]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024