Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For the austerity apologists... 09:38 - Mar 23 with 5349 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

..hope you aren't watching the telly this morning...nurses in bin bags...ffs!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

For the austerity apologists... on 19:28 - Mar 23 with 488 viewsStokieBlue

For the austerity apologists... on 19:26 - Mar 23 by Swansea_Blue

We’ve manage to fund Trident. I’m only playing devil’s advocate, but I f there was a will there’d be a way.

What are you talking about specifically.

The NHS or warehouses full of gear that hasn't been needed for 100 years. It makes a difference to the response.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

For the austerity apologists... on 19:30 - Mar 23 with 481 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

For the austerity apologists... on 19:11 - Mar 23 by StokieBlue

Weren't you downplaying Covid-19 as nothing to worry about 3 months ago?

SB
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 19:11]

NOPE!!

For the austerity apologists... on 19:31 - Mar 23 with 477 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

For the austerity apologists... on 19:23 - Mar 23 by StokieBlue

You've not read what I posted or you've misunderstood it. If you've understood it then your post is misleading.

Your argument is entirely based on hindsight.

If the government said 2 years ago they were going to fill two warehouses with masks and gloves people would have complained that there were better uses for that money.

SB
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 19:24]

What have they been doing since December?

For the austerity apologists... on 19:35 - Mar 23 with 462 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

For the austerity apologists... on 19:16 - Mar 23 by Bluefish

Yep that confirms it.

I look forward to your full enlightenment and you acting in a decent manner from tomorrow. We womt ask for apologies we will just be happy to not see you offending and embarrassing yourself

"We"

For the austerity apologists... on 19:41 - Mar 23 with 455 viewsStokieBlue

For the austerity apologists... on 19:30 - Mar 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

NOPE!!

Yes you were:

Hot off the presses... by BanksterDebtSlave 8 Mar 2020 23:12
BBC......"Seattle, a city that feels as if it is being stalked by Covid19"
Definitely not sensationalist.....keep calm and carry on!

Panic over... by BanksterDebtSlave 7 Mar 2020 9:46
....only one new case in China outside the quarantined zones!

....so much about this whole thing fails the sniff test!

I am pretty much convinced now... by BanksterDebtSlave 7 Mar 2020 20:29
...that Coronavirus mostly only rears its ugly head on cruise ships. Other than that, especially in China, it is largely contained. In other breaking news the Pope has a cold.
But who knows what I really mean?
Brass Eye....eat your heart out.

So you definitely wouldn't have been buying equipment for an event like this 3 months ago or even 3 weeks ago.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

For the austerity apologists... on 19:47 - Mar 23 with 435 viewsjeera

I do blame X amount on the governing of this country and cannot see how that can be completely argued against.

For hospital equipment relating to this specifically, probably not so much, but the overall ability to deal with it, sure.

Promises of hospitals and police numbers that shouldn't be needed. They should already exist. How can those areas be identified just for an election? If we're lacking in those areas then get on with it, keep on top of it, don't save it for when votes are wanted.

The country's health and security shouldn't be a party political agenda - it should be set in bloody stone.

That there's so much as a single soul non willfully living on the street I fully blame governance. There is no way 350 billion can be suddenly accessed, with talk of promising more if required, whilst talk of a train accessible only for a section of society, whilst talk of billions for Trident...surely, while there are human beings living on the street?

And after all that underhanded mocking of 'Money Trees' when other meaningful projects were mentioned.

The odd billion found overnight to buy an election win.

Apparently anything is possible when it suits.

To the cut backs and nasty, low attacks on the vulnerable and disabled for years, to sanction disgusting measures to target and specifically attack that section of our society.

To leave and ignore people living rough saying there is not the funding to help. To make noises about long-term projects whilst taking no immediate action.

Cost cutting to save pennies, to then splash out unprecedented sums when in time of need. It says that the need of some is more important than the need of others.

We are not "all in this together". And never have been.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 19:50]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

For the austerity apologists... on 19:55 - Mar 23 with 420 viewsSwansea_Blue

For the austerity apologists... on 19:47 - Mar 23 by jeera

I do blame X amount on the governing of this country and cannot see how that can be completely argued against.

For hospital equipment relating to this specifically, probably not so much, but the overall ability to deal with it, sure.

Promises of hospitals and police numbers that shouldn't be needed. They should already exist. How can those areas be identified just for an election? If we're lacking in those areas then get on with it, keep on top of it, don't save it for when votes are wanted.

The country's health and security shouldn't be a party political agenda - it should be set in bloody stone.

That there's so much as a single soul non willfully living on the street I fully blame governance. There is no way 350 billion can be suddenly accessed, with talk of promising more if required, whilst talk of a train accessible only for a section of society, whilst talk of billions for Trident...surely, while there are human beings living on the street?

And after all that underhanded mocking of 'Money Trees' when other meaningful projects were mentioned.

The odd billion found overnight to buy an election win.

Apparently anything is possible when it suits.

To the cut backs and nasty, low attacks on the vulnerable and disabled for years, to sanction disgusting measures to target and specifically attack that section of our society.

To leave and ignore people living rough saying there is not the funding to help. To make noises about long-term projects whilst taking no immediate action.

Cost cutting to save pennies, to then splash out unprecedented sums when in time of need. It says that the need of some is more important than the need of others.

We are not "all in this together". And never have been.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 19:50]

Quite.

Although my wish list has shrunk down to suitable protective gear for the docs and nurses working on the frontline. Not too much to ask is it? You look at what's going on in some (not all) other countries and the medics are suited up in full biohazard body suits. We're sending them out in aprons that offer no more protection than a Tescos bag.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

For the austerity apologists... on 19:57 - Mar 23 with 415 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

For the austerity apologists... on 19:41 - Mar 23 by StokieBlue

Yes you were:

Hot off the presses... by BanksterDebtSlave 8 Mar 2020 23:12
BBC......"Seattle, a city that feels as if it is being stalked by Covid19"
Definitely not sensationalist.....keep calm and carry on!

Panic over... by BanksterDebtSlave 7 Mar 2020 9:46
....only one new case in China outside the quarantined zones!

....so much about this whole thing fails the sniff test!

I am pretty much convinced now... by BanksterDebtSlave 7 Mar 2020 20:29
...that Coronavirus mostly only rears its ugly head on cruise ships. Other than that, especially in China, it is largely contained. In other breaking news the Pope has a cold.
But who knows what I really mean?
Brass Eye....eat your heart out.

So you definitely wouldn't have been buying equipment for an event like this 3 months ago or even 3 weeks ago.

SB

None of that supports the assertion you are making...if you can not detect the irony in the last one then I give up !
The first one is about press sensationalism when factual preparatory stories were required.
The middle one is about not believing state backed media and worrying things may be worse.

Ps ...Glasgow...you know that thing about stalky down votes!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024