Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I would love to see Boris actually call the media out 11:25 - Mar 23 with 5777 viewsBluefish

live at the press conference for their determination to find holes to sensationalise rather than have the nation's best interests at heart.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 11:25]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 14:45 - Mar 23 with 659 viewsBasuco

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 14:36 - Mar 23 by Herbivore

He's never been an accomplished public speaker. People used to find his bumbling and use of flowery language endearing or entertaining back when he didn't have to convey anything meaningful. Now that we're in a situation where clear and unambiguous messages are needed he is clearly, painfully not up to the task and it becomes more jarring.

Yes I think you are correct, I expect he will be pulled from these updates soon and someone else in to do them on the pretence that Boris is too busy.
I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 14:58 - Mar 23 with 638 viewsRocky

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 14:45 - Mar 23 by Basuco

Yes I think you are correct, I expect he will be pulled from these updates soon and someone else in to do them on the pretence that Boris is too busy.

As long as it's not Matt Hancock
I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 15:23 - Mar 23 with 625 viewsjaykay

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 14:07 - Mar 23 by LankHenners

Ok well let's all sit down and shut up then.

You say hindsight but there were calls for a different approach when 'herd immunity' was being publicly flip-flopped over, and lots of voices wanting the government to do something similar to Sunak's belated budget plan (and go even further) before he announced it.

It's a blatant lie to say the criticism is only being done in hindsight. The situations in other countries gave us an element of foresight which was wasted while the government wanged on about a 'wartime effort' and the 'blitz spirit' which was a load of waffly garbage which has evidently not been taken seriously.

Always, always, be very very wary of people saying not to 'politicise' things or accuse others of point scoring. In most cases, they're saying that because their usual political allegiances or point of view would show them up badly in said scenario, plus they're almost always removed from the heart of the situation.

your last paragraph is especially true. why we even had one of the biggest political posters on here the other day sprouting that . you can understand that being said by non political posters but not from that poster.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 15:54 - Mar 23 with 595 viewsHurleyBurley

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 13:54 - Mar 23 by Herbivore

When he hands over to his advisers they are so much better at communicating complex messages simply than he is. Public speaking is one of the main parts of his role and he's just terrible at it, he waffles and drifts into using obscure language and metaphor to cover up for the lack of substance.

I'd say his public appearances are very much behind the successful career he's had.

One man's "buffoon" is another man's "man of the people / loveable rogue" and all that.

Poll: World Cup final: Who do you WANT to win?

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 15:59 - Mar 23 with 588 viewsHerbivore

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 15:54 - Mar 23 by HurleyBurley

I'd say his public appearances are very much behind the successful career he's had.

One man's "buffoon" is another man's "man of the people / loveable rogue" and all that.

I agree that idiots are easily duped.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 19:13 - Mar 23 with 534 viewsPecker

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 12:26 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

Did Johnson really say he was going to see his mum? I only saw his message that people should facetime or skype.

Which is what he did with his Mum. I think he is doing a great job. Nobody in the modern era has had to deal with this, so it is all unknown and that makes it impossible to compare him with anyone else. Difficult times for us all. Just stick together (at a safe distance) and we will come out the other side hopefully stronger and more community minded.
I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 19:41 - Mar 23 with 512 viewsOsborneOneNil

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 12:32 - Mar 23 by Herbivore

The messaging hasn't been clear. How is him hoping to see his elderly mum not muddying the waters after he has just told people to maintain distance and said those most at risk should self isolate? It's the definition of mixed messages.

I guess in the same way that I went to my Mums place, and stood at the end of her path, approx 4 metres from her door. She stood at the door. We chatted for 15 minutes, then I left.

I saw her, as I was hoping to, but we kept the distance that is CLEARLY being stated, 2 metres.

It's clear as you can get as to what we should be doing now. Stay home if you possibly can, and if you are out, keep the distance of 2 metres between you and others.
I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 19:46 - Mar 23 with 501 viewsSwansea_Blue

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 14:36 - Mar 23 by Herbivore

He's never been an accomplished public speaker. People used to find his bumbling and use of flowery language endearing or entertaining back when he didn't have to convey anything meaningful. Now that we're in a situation where clear and unambiguous messages are needed he is clearly, painfully not up to the task and it becomes more jarring.

Yep. I've seen him hold a room in the palm of his hand. He's an excellent storyteller. Doesn't translate into a good conveyor of important information though.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 19:59]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024