Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? 18:41 - Mar 24 with 4471 viewsDebsyAngel

Hi, not coping well here with the fear of this virus but once more, as is typical, it brings another long standing problem back with a vengeance.

The idiot next door been flouting the new rules all day - between them (his partner and the kid), they have been out 7 times today. I can understand her walking the dog and taking the kid with her - that is fine, but it's him.He goes out drug dealing 8.45 - 10.15, then up the road again alone, and one of his dealers round here (gone into the house)too. And off he has gone in the car again to deal.

I so want to phone the police but he will know it is us and will give us even more grief. We have had enough the last 4 or 5 years of this, but recently he has been doing endless drug runs so the suspicion of all the callers here was reduced to us.

He is risking himself, his partner and his son FFS. It's idiots like him who are going to make numbers of the virus rise, and increase this lockdown, yet they get away with it. While the only time my husband has gone out was a modest shop for 35 minutes to get salad and fruit and bread.
Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 19:03 - Mar 24 with 4384 viewspeterleeblue

Tell the Police!!!
I know its tough but this life or death stuff.
Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 19:21 - Mar 24 with 4349 viewsronnyd

Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 19:03 - Mar 24 by peterleeblue

Tell the Police!!!
I know its tough but this life or death stuff.

It's not that easy. My nephew lived next door to a dealer in Haverhill. He was constantly intimidated by these scum and accused of grassing them to the authorities, when in fact he hadn,t. In the end he upped sticks and bought an old mobile home in Red Lodge. Just couldn't take the constant abuse.
Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 19:35 - Mar 24 with 4276 viewsDebsyAngel

Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 19:21 - Mar 24 by ronnyd

It's not that easy. My nephew lived next door to a dealer in Haverhill. He was constantly intimidated by these scum and accused of grassing them to the authorities, when in fact he hadn,t. In the end he upped sticks and bought an old mobile home in Red Lodge. Just couldn't take the constant abuse.

All the times in the past we have reported it with detailed lists of car reg numbers and descriptions but they just didn't want to know. I want to report it as I am not just sick of it keep happening but he is risking others' lives too. He is a total scumbag and he has made me so ill in the last 9 years. I wish we could move but not likely right now with things how they are. He would be the sort to avoid it, "I'm Alright Jack".
Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 19:42 - Mar 24 with 4240 viewsWD19

Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 19:35 - Mar 24 by DebsyAngel

All the times in the past we have reported it with detailed lists of car reg numbers and descriptions but they just didn't want to know. I want to report it as I am not just sick of it keep happening but he is risking others' lives too. He is a total scumbag and he has made me so ill in the last 9 years. I wish we could move but not likely right now with things how they are. He would be the sort to avoid it, "I'm Alright Jack".

Realistically, if you report it what do you think would be done?

As much as what he is doing is utterly wrong, it feels like trying your best to not let it get to you is the best use of your energy.
Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 20:18 - Mar 24 with 4159 viewsmidastouch

Feel for you mate. I lived next door to a drug dealer for a few years and in the end I had to get out as it just got too much. I wasn't intimidated, more so it was all the noise and comings and goings that got too much. One morning I was playing some music after she'd had another late night keeping me and my family awake a fair bit. I wasn't doing it on purpose to get back at her, but I didn't feel guilty making a bit of noise in the morning given all the times she's disturbed our peace. Next thing I know the cheeky cow started banging on the wall obviously wanting me to turn it down. I had the volume up a bit but it wasn't totally blaring out by any means. But because she had the cheek to bang on the wall, even after I'd not complained about her making noise again till the early hours, I bl**dy let the stereo rip! One time I caught one of her frequent visiting urchins trying to put a bin bag into my wheelie bin and I grabbed the bag out of his hand and threw it over her wall. You have to stand your ground if you dare but some of these losers have very little to lose and those are usually the most dangerous! As they say, when people have nothing to lose, they lose it! To be fair I was a lot younger and handy and reckless back then, not sure if I would deal with it quite the same now, so fully understand how you might feel short of options on how to deal with it effectively. Even though I stood my ground, I still ended up losing in the end as had to sell up and take a fair hit on the selling price too. But I have to say, despite all the hassle and the financial hit, it was well worth it just to get away.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 20:20 - Mar 24 with 4142 viewsPecker

Just call the Police.
Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 20:26 - Mar 24 with 4108 viewsfloridablue

Do you have an anonymous caller/crime line tips number you can call? I'm with you though as I'm having a similar issue as you with the rented home opposite me. I've already asked the guys if they can stop their 'friends' pulling up outside mine in the early hours which normally wakes me. There is a local number for me to call but like you if nothings done then its pretty obvious to them i'm the caller as most of the other homes around are unoccupied. I chatted with my next door neighbour the other day and she is oblivious to any goings on at that house. There's a good mix of white, black, hispanic arrive and certain many will be armed. twigged yesterday that the previous 'crowd' that rented the 5 bed house also had similar night time operations which makes me think the oriental looking owners might be in on it. ....Previous 10 years as an owner here were bliss compared to this or is it just an age/generation thing I should get used to? Hope you can quickly sort your issues.
Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 20:40 - Mar 24 with 4061 viewsRyorry

Don't have any eas answers I'm afraid, but maybe these could help?

http://www.problemneighbours.co.uk/suspect-neighbours-of-drug-offences.html

http://www.problemneighbours.co.uk/confidentiality-if-reporting-a-neighbour.html

http://www.problemneighbours.co.uk/when-to-get-police-involved.html

https://crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information/forms/give-information-anonymously

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 20:42 - Mar 24 with 4050 viewsjeera

Do you not have any other neighbours you can trust who feel the same way?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 20:48 - Mar 24 with 3999 viewsDebsyAngel

Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 20:26 - Mar 24 by floridablue

Do you have an anonymous caller/crime line tips number you can call? I'm with you though as I'm having a similar issue as you with the rented home opposite me. I've already asked the guys if they can stop their 'friends' pulling up outside mine in the early hours which normally wakes me. There is a local number for me to call but like you if nothings done then its pretty obvious to them i'm the caller as most of the other homes around are unoccupied. I chatted with my next door neighbour the other day and she is oblivious to any goings on at that house. There's a good mix of white, black, hispanic arrive and certain many will be armed. twigged yesterday that the previous 'crowd' that rented the 5 bed house also had similar night time operations which makes me think the oriental looking owners might be in on it. ....Previous 10 years as an owner here were bliss compared to this or is it just an age/generation thing I should get used to? Hope you can quickly sort your issues.

We have tried Crimestoppers who were useless, Police and local police and none of them gave a toss which really angered us. Maybe in the light of the new rules from Boris yesterday they may actually do something. We sent PAGES of car reg numbers and descriptions/times and length of stay. It really made my health go downhill which is the last thing I need now. And no help that they are friends with almost ALL the other neighbours cos they just see the family with the big dog and little kid. Thanks for your kind words, Florida x
Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 20:49 - Mar 24 with 3990 viewsDebsyAngel

Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 20:40 - Mar 24 by Ryorry

Don't have any eas answers I'm afraid, but maybe these could help?

http://www.problemneighbours.co.uk/suspect-neighbours-of-drug-offences.html

http://www.problemneighbours.co.uk/confidentiality-if-reporting-a-neighbour.html

http://www.problemneighbours.co.uk/when-to-get-police-involved.html

https://crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information/forms/give-information-anonymously

We have done all these over the years and for some reason they don't want to know. We give them so much info as well. It is down to them to have an unmarked car watching him but they won't as are needed elsewhere now.
Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 20:50 - Mar 24 with 3984 viewsDebsyAngel

Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 20:42 - Mar 24 by jeera

Do you not have any other neighbours you can trust who feel the same way?

Not really. They are all friendly with them, whereas we are keep ourselves to ourselves and barely smile or say more than hello to some round here. Just how we are.
Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 21:14 - Mar 24 with 3932 viewsfloridablue

Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 20:48 - Mar 24 by DebsyAngel

We have tried Crimestoppers who were useless, Police and local police and none of them gave a toss which really angered us. Maybe in the light of the new rules from Boris yesterday they may actually do something. We sent PAGES of car reg numbers and descriptions/times and length of stay. It really made my health go downhill which is the last thing I need now. And no help that they are friends with almost ALL the other neighbours cos they just see the family with the big dog and little kid. Thanks for your kind words, Florida x

That's concerns with my 'issue' in that if I call and give details to the local 'Crime line' hot tips number and nothing ends up being resolved then I'm targeted as the 'grass'! My only hope is that the oriental owners who I haven't spotted around the home in years will end up selling up after this corona crisis! My thoughts are that they are manufacturing inside (maybe meth or something similar) and using the arrivals as distributors but then again is it me just over thinking!! Do you own or rent and could you 'quickly' get out if need be?
Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 21:21 - Mar 24 with 3891 viewsstrikalite

Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 20:50 - Mar 24 by DebsyAngel

Not really. They are all friendly with them, whereas we are keep ourselves to ourselves and barely smile or say more than hello to some round here. Just how we are.

I feel for you, Police numbers have halved in the last ten years, so much time is taken up with domestic incidents and mental health issues, I don't want to tell you that reporting him would be a waste of time but sadly this is the reality now....
Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 21:57 - Mar 24 with 3815 viewsDebsyAngel

Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 21:14 - Mar 24 by floridablue

That's concerns with my 'issue' in that if I call and give details to the local 'Crime line' hot tips number and nothing ends up being resolved then I'm targeted as the 'grass'! My only hope is that the oriental owners who I haven't spotted around the home in years will end up selling up after this corona crisis! My thoughts are that they are manufacturing inside (maybe meth or something similar) and using the arrivals as distributors but then again is it me just over thinking!! Do you own or rent and could you 'quickly' get out if need be?

Yes we do rent - THEY own their house of course (where do they get the money hey...), but I don;t want to move and am in poor health and it would be enough to push me over the edge. Maybe a nice dream for the future but will have to see.
Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 22:10 - Mar 24 with 3767 viewsjaykay

anonymous phone call to the police saying you just seen people entering their house with a gun.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 22:11 - Mar 24 with 3768 viewsfloridablue

Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 21:57 - Mar 24 by DebsyAngel

Yes we do rent - THEY own their house of course (where do they get the money hey...), but I don;t want to move and am in poor health and it would be enough to push me over the edge. Maybe a nice dream for the future but will have to see.

Ha...completely opposite....i'm the owner and they rent, also I'm in my mid 60s and don't wish to move or purchase anywhere else in my lifetime. Just sad how bad neighbours can drag ones well being down so rapidly. If you wish to, keep me updated by P M messages as I will you...good luck!
Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 22:12 - Mar 24 with 3762 viewsDebsyAngel

Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 22:11 - Mar 24 by floridablue

Ha...completely opposite....i'm the owner and they rent, also I'm in my mid 60s and don't wish to move or purchase anywhere else in my lifetime. Just sad how bad neighbours can drag ones well being down so rapidly. If you wish to, keep me updated by P M messages as I will you...good luck!

That would be great - thanks for that and you can message me and I will reply asap. Cheers x
Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 22:59 - Mar 24 with 3696 viewsGuthrum

We had some trouble in our street a while back. Users leaving needles and faeces around the place, sitting on cars, hassling people and trying to kick someone's door in at 4am (it wasn't the shooting up so much as the anti-social behaviour which annoyed us). Then the dealers started showing up, lurking around in the dark.

The police said they could only do something if they caught them in the act. It took a concerted campaign of several months badgering the police, putting in multiple reports whenever anything happened, before they got fed up and "advised" the junkies to move on. Which they eventually did.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 02:00 - Mar 25 with 3577 viewsDebsyAngel

Any advice on a dodgy neighbour? on 22:59 - Mar 24 by Guthrum

We had some trouble in our street a while back. Users leaving needles and faeces around the place, sitting on cars, hassling people and trying to kick someone's door in at 4am (it wasn't the shooting up so much as the anti-social behaviour which annoyed us). Then the dealers started showing up, lurking around in the dark.

The police said they could only do something if they caught them in the act. It took a concerted campaign of several months badgering the police, putting in multiple reports whenever anything happened, before they got fed up and "advised" the junkies to move on. Which they eventually did.

You had it so much worse than we do - that is abysmal. What is the point of it all if the police just move them onto another area and then those residents have to suffer/? People like them need locking up. The law is far too soft on them.
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:46 - Mar 29 with 3220 viewsfloridablue

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024