Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 5 part 3 07:46 - Mar 31 with 2260 viewseastangliaisblue

The top five for today is favourite football stadia.
The only rule is Portman Road is not allowed.
In no particular order.

La Bombonera - Boca Juniors. Never experienced an atmosphere like this place.

Old Wembley

Amsterdam Arena - Ajax/Holland

New White Hart Lane - Absolute gem of a stadium. Spurs have changed the blueprint of how a modern stadium should be.

Loftus Road - QPR. This place to me represents old school stadiums. Always a cracking atmosphere when we play there.
I also love the fact you almost feel like you're on the pitch and it's in the middle of a dodgy estate. It's everything an old stadium should be.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 7:52]
Top 5 part 3 on 16:42 - Mar 31 with 376 viewsITFC_Forever

Top 5 part 3 on 16:20 - Mar 31 by Radlett_blue

I understand why a Town fan has found memories of Old Wembley (we don't count the Charity Shield) but it was a shocking stadium in terms of viewing.

Can remember the PO Final in 2000.... we were half a dozen rows from the back of the lower tier and had a great view.

Also had a good views when we went for a couple of England games in the late 90s.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Top 5 part 3 on 16:46 - Mar 31 with 371 viewsPJH

Top 5 part 3 on 16:20 - Mar 31 by Radlett_blue

I understand why a Town fan has found memories of Old Wembley (we don't count the Charity Shield) but it was a shocking stadium in terms of viewing.

I don't recall ever having a bad view at the old Wembley in the five F.A. Cup Finals, two Charity Shields, one playoff final, one league cup final and one speedway final that I went to there.
Top 5 part 3 on 18:19 - Mar 31 with 346 viewswoodbridge_blue

Top 5 part 3 on 16:46 - Mar 31 by PJH

I don't recall ever having a bad view at the old Wembley in the five F.A. Cup Finals, two Charity Shields, one playoff final, one league cup final and one speedway final that I went to there.

Totally agree....including the three World speedway finals, two Rugby league cup finals, greyhound racing and concerts too many to mention that I have attended.

Bit surprised no one has mentioned Goodison Park, comfortably one of the noisiest stadia I have attended.

And of course Notcutts Park.
Top 5 part 3 on 18:27 - Mar 31 with 343 viewsBlue_Order

Ibrox
Maine Road
City Ground
Upton Park
Ninian Park
Top 5 part 3 on 18:30 - Mar 31 with 337 viewsPecker

Top 5 part 3 on 08:11 - Mar 31 by hype313

The old Mestalla was a bonkers stadium, I'm not a fan of heights and that experience made my palms sweat uncontrollabley, The MCG is quite a stadia too, haven't been too the new WHL but heard great things.

Still love the quirkiness of Craven Cottage and the Rec at Bath is a great ground to watch some Rugby.

Roker Park.
Mestalla (Valencia)
Camp Nou (Barcelona)
Villa Park
Goodison Park
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024