Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump channelling David Brent ... 14:22 - Apr 14 with 1462 viewsurbanblue

... while showing his propaganda video to the journalists.

Watch from 14.30 ... comedy Gold!

[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 14:31]
Trump channelling David Brent ... on 14:30 - Apr 14 with 1406 viewsurbanblue

Video wouldn't embed so updated with another one on OP!
Trump channelling David Brent ... on 16:39 - Apr 14 with 1302 viewsIllinoisblue

Even by his standards that was a mental presser. He is beyond parody. If he was a comedy character in a presidential sitcom nobody would believe in him.

I’ve got $20 for the first journalist to lead with this question: “Sir, while you’ve been playing golf, thousands of Americans have died. Do you accept you have blood on your hands and will you apologize to the American people?”

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Trump channelling David Brent ... on 16:53 - Apr 14 with 1272 viewsDarth_Koont

Trump channelling David Brent ... on 16:39 - Apr 14 by Illinoisblue

Even by his standards that was a mental presser. He is beyond parody. If he was a comedy character in a presidential sitcom nobody would believe in him.

I’ve got $20 for the first journalist to lead with this question: “Sir, while you’ve been playing golf, thousands of Americans have died. Do you accept you have blood on your hands and will you apologize to the American people?”

"Even by his standards that was a mental presser. He is beyond parody. If he was a comedy character in a presidential sitcom nobody would believe in him."

Just about to say the same thing. And was it my imagination or were the press corps starting to give it back to him? I've seen a few harder questions from time to time but this seemed much more as if they'd decided that the Trump joke really wasn't funny any more.

Pronouns: He/Him

Trump channelling David Brent ... on 17:03 - Apr 14 with 1248 viewsIllinoisblue

Trump channelling David Brent ... on 16:53 - Apr 14 by Darth_Koont

"Even by his standards that was a mental presser. He is beyond parody. If he was a comedy character in a presidential sitcom nobody would believe in him."

Just about to say the same thing. And was it my imagination or were the press corps starting to give it back to him? I've seen a few harder questions from time to time but this seemed much more as if they'd decided that the Trump joke really wasn't funny any more.

Yes, i think the journos are starting to get a bit more punchy. They need to somehow coordinate and if one doesn’t get an answer, the next hack carries on asking.

It’s the hallmark of an utter simpleton to shout “fake news” at anything they disagree with or don’t understand.

What with Trump here and people setting light to communication masts in the UK... how did we get here?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Trump channelling David Brent ... on 17:23 - Apr 14 with 1201 viewsDarth_Koont

Trump channelling David Brent ... on 17:03 - Apr 14 by Illinoisblue

Yes, i think the journos are starting to get a bit more punchy. They need to somehow coordinate and if one doesn’t get an answer, the next hack carries on asking.

It’s the hallmark of an utter simpleton to shout “fake news” at anything they disagree with or don’t understand.

What with Trump here and people setting light to communication masts in the UK... how did we get here?

Yes, I think they definitely need to back each other up when he dodges the point.

Journalist 1: "What did you do with the time you say your travel ban bought? What did you do during February?"

Trump: (2 minutes of talking about other stuff and attacking the media but clearly unable to answer this)

Journalist 2: What authority do you have to eventually ease the lockdown?

The second question was fair enough in its own right but singularly let him off the hook, when the journalist should have followed up here immediately. If they're going to attend these dictatorial charades when they could just de-platform him, then journalists need to be much, much better at controlling the agenda.

Trump channelling David Brent ... on 18:25 - Apr 14 with 1128 viewspointofblue

Trump channelling David Brent ... on 17:23 - Apr 14 by Darth_Koont

Yes, I think they definitely need to back each other up when he dodges the point.

Journalist 1: "What did you do with the time you say your travel ban bought? What did you do during February?"

Trump: (2 minutes of talking about other stuff and attacking the media but clearly unable to answer this)

Journalist 2: What authority do you have to eventually ease the lockdown?

The second question was fair enough in its own right but singularly let him off the hook, when the journalist should have followed up here immediately. If they're going to attend these dictatorial charades when they could just de-platform him, then journalists need to be much, much better at controlling the agenda.

He’d just say they’re all promoting fake news and walk off before banning the media from all future conferences. They’ll become daily lectures about how great Trump is instead.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Trump channelling David Brent ... on 18:36 - Apr 14 with 1094 viewsDarth_Koont

Trump channelling David Brent ... on 18:25 - Apr 14 by pointofblue

He’d just say they’re all promoting fake news and walk off before banning the media from all future conferences. They’ll become daily lectures about how great Trump is instead.

But they're an important part of his show when they attend. So they need to re-write the script at least.

Trump channelling David Brent ... on 18:48 - Apr 14 with 1080 viewspointofblue

Trump channelling David Brent ... on 18:36 - Apr 14 by Darth_Koont

But they're an important part of his show when they attend. So they need to re-write the script at least.

True - I just think he’d pull the passes if they don’t let him showboat and try to pin him down on specific questions.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Trump channelling David Brent ... on 18:57 - Apr 14 with 1061 viewsEireannach_gorm

You have to be impressed with his capacity to talk sh1te for over an hour..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024