Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Air pollution well down in London 16:34 - Apr 23 with 1560 viewsStokieBlue

Not by a little bit either, up to 50% at some of the biggest junctions:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/apr/23/toxic-air-over-london-falls-

The extension of the ULEZ next year will help but there still isn't the infrastructure for cycling or charging that we need. I did see that on one road around here all the electric boxes at the bottom of lampposts had been changed to be Siemens car charging stations which is a great idea and leverages the existing infrastructure.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Air pollution well down in London on 14:37 - Apr 24 with 193 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Have to say I’ve never been an environmentalist by any stretch of the imagination, but it’s genuinely put a smile on my face whenever I’ve seen pictures or reports like the ones showing the Venice canals crystal clear, or crisp clear views stretching miles that were previously not visible

Even in Ipswich it’s apparent just stepping outside how much crisper and clearer it is. I’d like to think it will mean people reconsider habits when things get back to normality - but sadly I think it’s highly unlikely (and if I’m honest, I’ve no doubt I’ll be driving rather than walking into the office and flying off on holiday without a second thought)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Air pollution well down in London on 16:14 - Apr 24 with 180 viewsDubtractor

Air pollution well down in London on 09:51 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

I'm a new starter... haven't set foot in the office since getting the job... and it's largely been fine. I've not found it to be a major flaw.

I was thinking more about inexperienced types, new to industry, fresh out of school/college etc.

The sort that need fairly extensive training/hand holding.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024