Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some very encouraging news if true 12:03 - Apr 27 with 2278 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Tho this is not. on 17:02 - Apr 27 with 403 viewsGuthrum

Tho this is not. on 15:43 - Apr 27 by Lord_Lucan

I didn't read that - and if it's true I am dubious as to whether the report should have gone live yet.

It wasn't exactly released, more medical journalists picking up on the alerts sent out to doctors to keep an eye out for cases. Then the papers got wind and copied the earlier report.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tho this is not. on 17:07 - Apr 27 with 402 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Tho this is not. on 15:43 - Apr 27 by Lord_Lucan

I didn't read that - and if it's true I am dubious as to whether the report should have gone live yet.

The headline and first mini paragraph are totally at odds if the reality is about 20 people.

The mainstream media in this country really are complete gutter scum. Feeding on people's concerns to whip up more hysteria and fear. I thoroughly detest them all.

Are they so bad in other countries? I'll be leaving the UK as soon as is realistically possible for myself to do so.

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Some very encouraging news if true on 18:59 - Apr 27 with 351 viewsflimflam

Some very encouraging news if true on 15:40 - Apr 27 by Bluesquid

I thought i'd link this interesting article in this thread, i hope it's ok to do so.

Out of 2,300 prisoners in a prison in Ohio 2,028 tested positive.

"They started with the Marion Correctional Institution, which houses 2,500 prisoners in north central Ohio, many of them older with pre-existing health conditions. After testing 2,300 inmates for the coronavirus, they were shocked. Of the 2,028 who tested positive, close to 95% had no symptoms."

"As mass coronavirus testing expands in prisons, large numbers of inmates are showing no symptoms. In four state prison systems – Arkansas, North Carolina, Ohio and Virginia – 96% of 3,277 inmates who tested positive for the coronavirus were asymptomatic, according to interviews with officials and records reviewed by Reuters. That’s out of 4,693 tests that included results on symptoms."

“It adds to the understanding that we have a severe undercount of cases in the U.S.,” said Dr. Leana Wen, adjunct associate professor of emergency medicine at George Washington University, said of the Reuters findings. “The case count is likely much, much higher than we currently know because of the lack of testing and surveillance.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-prisons-testing-in/in-four

You do realise that we all have corona virus in our systems all year round at various points.

Unless the article states covid-19 then it means nothing.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Tho this is not. on 19:01 - Apr 27 with 352 viewsflimflam

Tho this is not. on 15:20 - Apr 27 by Lord_Lucan

This is when I would start to panic.

Worrying - and to be honest something that was always in the back of my mind

Just in time to scare all the parents into pushing to the front of the queue for any rushed through untested vaccine for their little ones.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Some very encouraging news if true on 21:18 - Apr 27 with 318 viewsBluesquid

Some very encouraging news if true on 18:59 - Apr 27 by flimflam

You do realise that we all have corona virus in our systems all year round at various points.

Unless the article states covid-19 then it means nothing.

Ok a different number with 1,828 COVID-19 positives from 2,500 which is over the 70 percent mark.

"Marion Correctional Institution Now Has More COVID-19 Cases Than Any Single County in Ohio"

"As of Sunday, a single prison in central Ohio has more confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 than any county in the state. With a shocking 1,828 positive tests among its inmate population of 2,500, the Marion Correctional Institution has more cases than Cuyahoga County (Cleveland), Franklin County (Columbus) and Hamilton County (Cincinnati)."

https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2020/04/20/marion-correction

"Ohio Has Country's Largest Number Of Confirmed COVID-19 Cases Behind Bars"

"After widespread testing this weekend in Ohio’s prisons, the state says 3,312 inmates have tested positive for COVID-19. That's significantly more than any other state in the country."

"Six inmates at Pickaway and one at Franklin Medical Center have died due to COVID-19, as well as a corrections officer at Marion. One Pickaway inmate is listed as a "probable" COVID-19 death, under the CDC's expanded definition"

https://radio.wosu.org/post/ohio-has-countrys-largest-number-confirmed-covid-19-
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024