Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Offer Smith £1,000 a week (n/t) 10:16 - May 30 with 4396 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Offer Smith £1,000 a week (n/t) on 19:56 - May 30 with 400 viewssundaze

Offer Smith £1,000 a week (n/t) on 14:50 - May 30 by Ely_Blue

A grand a week? Hmm that’s p155 poor money for a pro footballer even at our level, that means he’s gonna be on less than plenty of the fans who go to watch him play. Unless of course you assume footballers don’t pay tax? I earn more than a grand per week before tax

Why should it matter how much the fans earn? Playing for a mid table third tier team shouldn't be a highly paid job, there are going to be hundreds of players out of contract at the end of the next month, many of them are going to struggle to find a club in a position to take them on.
Professional sport is going to face many changes and those farther down the ladder in all sports are going to face a big challenge to survive. There is talk of over 20 EFL clubs having to go into administration, now is the time for the Premier league to hit the reset button and come up with a rescue plan that will not only save the small clubs, but also save themselves as we move into an uncertain future.
Offer Smith £1,000 a week (n/t) on 20:05 - May 30 with 386 viewsMullet

I really like Tommy, but is he going to want to come here after we essentially passed on him? You'd have thought he'd have wanted to stay here if he had kept property etc. in the area.

Do we not want to find players who will improve as we go and make it in the Championship or be a saleable asset? We've had so much damage done to the club, we're in a position where we need to recruit with an eye to making profits on players we get in aren't we?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Offer Smith £1,000 a week (n/t) on 14:11 - May 31 with 330 viewshadleighboyblue

Offer Smith £1,000 a week (n/t) on 20:05 - May 30 by Mullet

I really like Tommy, but is he going to want to come here after we essentially passed on him? You'd have thought he'd have wanted to stay here if he had kept property etc. in the area.

Do we not want to find players who will improve as we go and make it in the Championship or be a saleable asset? We've had so much damage done to the club, we're in a position where we need to recruit with an eye to making profits on players we get in aren't we?

Tommy was a good servant to ITFC in his time , but surely it's time to move on . I shudder at the thought of Tommy and Chambers together as our central defenders .

As you say , the club need to invest in players that will improve in value as assets .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024