Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where can you find a current squad list? 23:05 - Jun 7 with 1316 viewsunstableblue

Players still under contract and would be available if we had to play tomorrow?

Club web site very out of date.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

actually Transfermarket very up to date.... on 23:42 - Jun 7 with 1265 viewsunstableblue

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ipswich-town/kader/verein/677/saison_id/2019/plu

(I like transfermarket as the tightly have a photo of the premiere league trophy next to our logo!)

Id forgotten Garbutt had left already

That Nsiala and contracts till June next year.

I’m confused on Chambo whose contract is about to expire.

In short we’re a squad of 26

About to reduce to 23 who are contracted beyond June 2020

SQUAD THOUGHTS on 23:54 - Jun 7 with 1259 viewsunstableblue

Goalies:
Holy, Wright

Left full back / wing back
Kenlock, nydam

Right full back / wing back
Vincent young, Edwards, cotter

Centre backs
Wolfenden, Nsiala

Wide/wingers
Edwards, Lankester, Dobra

Deep midfielder
Skuse, huws, Downes, Dozzell,

Attacking midfielder
Nolan, judge, Bishop, el mizouni

Strikers
Norwood, sears, Jackson, drinan

If injuries can clear... then it’s centre back even with Chambo maintained

Isn’t that squad still good enough?!

Must keep Jackson

actually Transfermarket very up to date.... on 08:48 - Jun 8 with 1153 viewsPJH

actually Transfermarket very up to date.... on 23:42 - Jun 7 by unstableblue

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ipswich-town/kader/verein/677/saison_id/2019/plu

(I like transfermarket as the tightly have a photo of the premiere league trophy next to our logo!)

Id forgotten Garbutt had left already

That Nsiala and contracts till June next year.

I’m confused on Chambo whose contract is about to expire.

In short we’re a squad of 26

About to reduce to 23 who are contracted beyond June 2020

That chart is wrong in the cases of Chambers, Donacien and Wilson because all three are contracted until 30.06.21.

I can check and tell you which other ones are wrong if you want because I only got as far as those three.

edit-another goalkeeper in Przybsk is here until June 2021 but he does not seem to be mentioned.

edit2-all the rest are correct except there are several fringe players not mentioned at all-Morris, Folami and McGavin contracted until June 2021 for a start.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2020 9:55]
SQUAD THOUGHTS on 09:44 - Jun 8 with 1115 viewsIpswichKnight

SQUAD THOUGHTS on 23:54 - Jun 7 by unstableblue

Goalies:
Holy, Wright

Left full back / wing back
Kenlock, nydam

Right full back / wing back
Vincent young, Edwards, cotter

Centre backs
Wolfenden, Nsiala

Wide/wingers
Edwards, Lankester, Dobra

Deep midfielder
Skuse, huws, Downes, Dozzell,

Attacking midfielder
Nolan, judge, Bishop, el mizouni

Strikers
Norwood, sears, Jackson, drinan

If injuries can clear... then it’s centre back even with Chambo maintained

Isn’t that squad still good enough?!

Must keep Jackson

We are very very light at left back and Centre half even with Chambers.
Thanks PJH on 11:12 - Jun 8 with 1059 viewsunstableblue

actually Transfermarket very up to date.... on 08:48 - Jun 8 by PJH

That chart is wrong in the cases of Chambers, Donacien and Wilson because all three are contracted until 30.06.21.

I can check and tell you which other ones are wrong if you want because I only got as far as those three.

edit-another goalkeeper in Przybsk is here until June 2021 but he does not seem to be mentioned.

edit2-all the rest are correct except there are several fringe players not mentioned at all-Morris, Folami and McGavin contracted until June 2021 for a start.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2020 9:55]

Wilson had no contract end.

Chambo and Donacien both marked June 2020; surprised Transfermarket got it wrong. Donacien feels like a better defensive cover than Nsiala.

Przybsk looks a great prospect, and perhaps we do then have the cover at GK. PL has to put faith in Holy.

It almost feels like McGavin is closests of the 3 - i'm still not convinced by Folami. But deep lying midfield we're a bit overloaded.

Where can you find a current squad list? on 11:21 - Jun 8 with 1050 viewsitfcjoe

Here you go, anyone older than 18 who will be here next season:

1 Tomas Holy
2 Janoi Donacien
4 Luke Chambers
5 James Wilson
7 Gwion Edwards
8 Cole Skuse
9 Kayden Jackson
10 James Norwood
11 Jon Nolan
13 Harry Wright
14 Jack Lankester
15 Teddy Bishop
16 Tristan Nydam
18 Alan Judge
20 Freddie Sears
21 Flynn Downes
22 Arsitote Nsiala
23 Andre Dozzell
24 Kane Vincent-Young
25 Aaron Drinan
26 Idris El Mizouni
28 Luke Woolfenden
30 Myles Kenlock
31 Adam Przybek
32 Corrie Ndaba
34 Ben Folami
35 Ben Morris
36 Armando Dobra
37 Barry Cotter
42 Brett McGavin
44 Emyr Huws
46 Bailey Clements
47 Tyreece Simpson
49 Kai Brown
50 Liam Gibbs
53 Tommy Smith
Dylan Crowe
Levi Andoh
Allan Viral
Connor O'Reilly
Matt Healy
Zak Brown

Unsure on - I think Oppong has another year, Hughes may get one but doubt the other 3 will

40 Thomas Hughes
Lounes Foudil
Ryley Scott
Toby Egan
Colin Oppong

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Where can you find a current squad list? on 11:21 - Jun 8 with 1049 viewsLibero

Not sure, but Teddy Bishop's back to full fitness next month.
Thanks PJH on 11:22 - Jun 8 with 1042 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Thanks PJH on 11:12 - Jun 8 by unstableblue

Wilson had no contract end.

Chambo and Donacien both marked June 2020; surprised Transfermarket got it wrong. Donacien feels like a better defensive cover than Nsiala.

Przybsk looks a great prospect, and perhaps we do then have the cover at GK. PL has to put faith in Holy.

It almost feels like McGavin is closests of the 3 - i'm still not convinced by Folami. But deep lying midfield we're a bit overloaded.

Transfermarkt is a useful resource but unsurprisingly rather iffy when relying on it being up to date for a third division side

Much easier to just follow the news on here - below article confirms players who’s contracts were up from which we have retained Skuse and Edwards with the other 3 being released for now. Plus all the loanees going back obviously

Out-of-Contract Players to Learn Whether Club is Taking Up Options 15th May 2020 19:42
Town’s soon-to-be out-of-contract players will learn this weekend whether the Blues will be taking up the one-year options of their deals. 27

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

SQUAD THOUGHTS on 11:23 - Jun 8 with 1035 viewsunstableblue

SQUAD THOUGHTS on 09:44 - Jun 8 by IpswichKnight

We are very very light at left back and Centre half even with Chambers.

Nydam going to still be in recovery, and jury still out on Kenlock, albeit he's put in enough performance to be given another change.But agree very light in that area.

Someone confirmed Doncien and Chambo are here next season (whenever that is), but I feel we have lost our way in CB. Wolfenden a must start. We never replaced Berra - in terms of wise head, consistency.

We need PL to play the players in the right system and stick with it. It was interesting to watch England vs Scotland Euro 96, Venables, embarrassment of riches, but the system and the position of players was all wrong and Scotland had a great first half. Switch 2 players, change position of players, alter system. And we looked a different team.

Still think we need to get rid of Lambert or get him a more technical coach, right hand man

Where can you find a current squad list? on 14:37 - Jun 8 with 948 viewsrickw

If it was up to me, I'd like us to sell Nsiala, Nolan, Judge & Edwards (who don't really fit the system) and settle on a 4-3-3 system next season with :

Goalies:
Holy, Przybek

Left full back
New LB, either sell Kenlock, or loan out Nydam

Right full back
Vincent young, Donacien

Centre backs
New CB, Wolfenden, Chambers, Donacien

Midfielders
Skuse, Huws, Downes, Dozzell, Bishop, El Mizouni, Hughes, McGavin

Wide forwards
Lankester, Dobra, Sears, could Jackson do well out wide?

Centre forwards
New CF, Norwood, Jackson, Simpson, Morris

If none of our strikers can adapt to a wide forward role then some will have to go and find another wide forward to come in.
When we've tried this sort of system before it's really been a 4-5-1 and the striker has been isolated, it really has to be a front 3 where all 3 forwards are goal threats
[Post edited 8 Jun 2020 14:37]

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Where can you find a current squad list? on 16:27 - Jun 8 with 895 viewsIpswichKnight

We do need another centre half, if we could find another Tony Mowbray like one who can also captain and organise the side as well. It's been mentioned before but we lack leaders on the pitch and organisers. Do feel like we might also need to bring in a midfielder who knows and enjoys the dark arts of this league in knowing how to play the ref and the opposition to long we have been far to nice and let teams bully and play to the ref against us.

I'm a big fan of 4-3-3 for us I think it suits our strengths but I think its more of a 4-2-1-3

For Me it should be

Holy
KVY - Woolfie -New Centre half - New LB

New CM - Huws

El-Miz

Lankaster - Norwood - Dobra

Obviously if Downes is still here he comes straight in for Huws, but I seriosuly doubt he will be! I strongly suspect a Championship club will pick up Jackson as sub option to run at tiring defences with his pace.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2020 16:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024