Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Step brother has had covid19, and didn't know it 09:12 - Jun 16 with 1215 viewsPendejo

My step brother works in a hospital and was tested last week, his test came back as positive for anti-bodies indicating he'd had the virus.

Given he has at least two underlying medical conditions we are told makes mortality more likely this is quite amazing, so I asked him had he had any symptoms?

We have spoken regularly over last 3 months and he hadn't mentioned any...

He reeled off quite a few symptoms and reasons why he thought they were caused by other things... But when you lump them all together? I guess it's denial thru fear? Or maybe because he didn't get too ill to work...

Maybe he was a super spreader during this period?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Step brother has had covid19, and didn't know it on 09:17 - Jun 16 with 1161 viewsLibero

Lucky bloke, I'm still not 100% months and have no real underlying health issues.
State of me walking to work at the moment is a f*cking embarrassment.
Step brother has had covid19, and didn't know it on 09:18 - Jun 16 with 1155 viewsWeWereZombies

Is this in the United Kingdom or in Colombia? Asking because I have a family reason to keep tabs on how Covid-19 is affecting Latin America (away from the headlines about Brazil, Peru, El Salvador and Mexico).

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Step brother has had covid19, and didn't know it on 11:52 - Jun 16 with 1006 viewsclive_baker

Step brother has had covid19, and didn't know it on 09:17 - Jun 16 by Libero

Lucky bloke, I'm still not 100% months and have no real underlying health issues.
State of me walking to work at the moment is a f*cking embarrassment.

What are the kind of lingering symptoms you're dealing with?

PS. glad to see you made a recovery of sorts and hope it's not too long until you fully feel yourself again.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Step brother has had covid19, and didn't know it on 12:02 - Jun 16 with 986 viewsLibero

Step brother has had covid19, and didn't know it on 11:52 - Jun 16 by clive_baker

What are the kind of lingering symptoms you're dealing with?

PS. glad to see you made a recovery of sorts and hope it's not too long until you fully feel yourself again.

Afternoon, buh!

I've tried a couple of times to do a work out and it's been an absolute sh1t show.
Admittedly I was a bit stupid and tried to do a HIT work out to start with, you know it's bad when the missus is having you up.

I've also tried to go on a couple of runs and not even managed to get past 1k without absolutely dying.

I have a 25 minute walk to work on a Tuesday and Friday and I'm sweating my tits off on it regardless of weather, breathing wise lungs most certainly feel a bit laboured or like I can't take as much in. When it's at it's worst it kind of reminds me of if you've eaten too much and all your insides are squidged up?

I'm a bit concerned but I also previously had to work very hard to achieve the relatively average level of fitness I did have.
Many moons ago I went through a period in my life where I was obese and used to get out of breath walking up stairs, etc. I feel as bad now as I did then, only I'm 13.5 stone, not 19 stone.

Will keep an eye on it, probably need to get out on the bike, I always find that's a good starting point for me historically when recovering from injuries etc.
Step brother has had covid19, and didn't know it on 12:18 - Jun 16 with 959 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Step brother has had covid19, and didn't know it on 12:02 - Jun 16 by Libero

Afternoon, buh!

I've tried a couple of times to do a work out and it's been an absolute sh1t show.
Admittedly I was a bit stupid and tried to do a HIT work out to start with, you know it's bad when the missus is having you up.

I've also tried to go on a couple of runs and not even managed to get past 1k without absolutely dying.

I have a 25 minute walk to work on a Tuesday and Friday and I'm sweating my tits off on it regardless of weather, breathing wise lungs most certainly feel a bit laboured or like I can't take as much in. When it's at it's worst it kind of reminds me of if you've eaten too much and all your insides are squidged up?

I'm a bit concerned but I also previously had to work very hard to achieve the relatively average level of fitness I did have.
Many moons ago I went through a period in my life where I was obese and used to get out of breath walking up stairs, etc. I feel as bad now as I did then, only I'm 13.5 stone, not 19 stone.

Will keep an eye on it, probably need to get out on the bike, I always find that's a good starting point for me historically when recovering from injuries etc.

Might be worth speaking to your GP in case you have a lingering chest infection.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Step brother has had covid19, and didn't know it on 12:24 - Jun 16 with 949 viewsLibero

Step brother has had covid19, and didn't know it on 12:18 - Jun 16 by ThisIsMyUsername

Might be worth speaking to your GP in case you have a lingering chest infection.

I did have pneumonia while I was ill with the virus, doesn't feel like an infection but if it doesn't clear up in next few weeks GP consultation will be next.

I had a wicked dream a few weeks ago that I ended up wholly inactive, laying in bed for year upon year all sick and withered like Grandad in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, only to jump out of bed and stride my way to Portman Road for a play off game in my pyjamas.
Step brother has had covid19, and didn't know it on 12:26 - Jun 16 with 946 viewsclive_baker

Step brother has had covid19, and didn't know it on 12:02 - Jun 16 by Libero

Afternoon, buh!

Blimey, that doesn't sound fun at all buh!

Hopefully that fatigue will subside over time and your lung capacity will improve. Maintaining general fitness is never a bad idea, perhaps start with smaller walks / rides and build them up over time. Don't beat yourself up though, you've been through the wringer and it's bound to take a while to get over something like that.

Good luck with the recovery.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Step brother has had covid19, and didn't know it on 12:36 - Jun 16 with 899 viewsLibero

Step brother has had covid19, and didn't know it on 12:26 - Jun 16 by clive_baker

Blimey, that doesn't sound fun at all buh!

Hopefully that fatigue will subside over time and your lung capacity will improve. Maintaining general fitness is never a bad idea, perhaps start with smaller walks / rides and build them up over time. Don't beat yourself up though, you've been through the wringer and it's bound to take a while to get over something like that.

Good luck with the recovery.

It's inconvenient more than anything, especially as not playing football at the moment.

I'm a man of extremities, once I get going there will be no stopping me. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Login to get fewer ads

Step brother has had covid19, and didn't know it on 13:38 - Jun 16 with 787 viewsPendejo

Step brother has had covid19, and didn't know it on 09:18 - Jun 16 by WeWereZombies

Is this in the United Kingdom or in Colombia? Asking because I have a family reason to keep tabs on how Covid-19 is affecting Latin America (away from the headlines about Brazil, Peru, El Salvador and Mexico).

UK

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024