Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The state of football in one article........ 09:28 - Jun 23 with 755 viewsBlueNomad

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11869/12012613/mario-pasalic-chelsea-sel

£13.5 million!
The state of football in one article........ on 09:31 - Jun 23 with 730 viewspointofblue

Reported signed by Chelsea for £3m. They made a £10m profit on a player who didn’t even play for them.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The state of football in one article........ on 10:45 - Jun 23 with 631 viewsPendejo

The state of football in one article........ on 09:31 - Jun 23 by pointofblue

Reported signed by Chelsea for £3m. They made a £10m profit on a player who didn’t even play for them.

He may not have played for Chelsea but has done impressive names in his loan cv.

But this is why they paid what they did for him:-

Last season, Pasalic helped the Serie A club to third place, their highest ever finish, and played a role in their run to this year's Champions League quarter-finals.

His 15 goals in 75 games for Atalanta has encouraged them to exercise the option to sign the Croatian international permanently for a reported fee of £13.5m.

Given the above £13.5m appears to be a bargain, Chelsea make a profit, on top of previous loan fees, hopefully original club get a top up fee. Everyone's a winner baby and that's the truth.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

The state of football in one article........ on 11:32 - Jun 23 with 573 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Atalanta B.C. are my second team, Pasalic has had a great season, being crucial in the way Gasperini has them playing. £13.5m is a snip.

Sorry, don't understand this one.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

The state of football in one article........ on 11:59 - Jun 23 with 551 viewsBlueNomad

The state of football in one article........ on 11:32 - Jun 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

Atalanta B.C. are my second team, Pasalic has had a great season, being crucial in the way Gasperini has them playing. £13.5m is a snip.

Sorry, don't understand this one.

It may be a snip but my point is that a club signed a player for £3m and never used him in six years, instead earning loan fees and another £10m at the end of that time. Meanwhile clubs two divisions lower are in danger of extinction for want of far less.

The rich just get richer. When we sign players for a few thousand and then don’t use them it seems like a big waste.
The state of football in one article........ on 12:07 - Jun 23 with 526 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

The state of football in one article........ on 11:59 - Jun 23 by BlueNomad

It may be a snip but my point is that a club signed a player for £3m and never used him in six years, instead earning loan fees and another £10m at the end of that time. Meanwhile clubs two divisions lower are in danger of extinction for want of far less.

The rich just get richer. When we sign players for a few thousand and then don’t use them it seems like a big waste.

I understand what you are saying. It has been the way Chelsea have operated for many of year, and realistically the footballing authorities should get hold of it.

I apologise, I thought you were basically saying "£13.5m for this nobody, state of football" etc. Watching Atalanta I know £13.5 is a snip in the current market place.

But I understand your point now, apologies.

The state of football in one article........ on 12:08 - Jun 23 with 522 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

The state of football in one article........ on 11:59 - Jun 23 by BlueNomad

Don't get me started on our recruitment, I could write you a dissertation of the flaws in that.

The state of football in one article........ on 12:09 - Jun 23 with 521 viewsBlueNomad

The state of football in one article........ on 12:07 - Jun 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

I understand what you are saying. It has been the way Chelsea have operated for many of year, and realistically the footballing authorities should get hold of it.

I apologise, I thought you were basically saying "£13.5m for this nobody, state of football" etc. Watching Atalanta I know £13.5 is a snip in the current market place.

But I understand your point now, apologies.

You are forgiven. Thank you.
The state of football in one article........ on 12:30 - Jun 23 with 486 viewshampstead_blue

I saw this on the BBC.

Did someone mention that the big clubs make significant profits from the loan fees they take on the young fringe players?

It makes sense that if you can have 20 or so fringe players and if one makes the first tema you've saved and the money you get for the rest is just pure profit.

We ought to be having a cap on the numbers of players at each level. Has that been discussed before?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

The state of football in one article........ on 13:01 - Jun 23 with 450 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The state of football in one article........ on 09:31 - Jun 23 by pointofblue

They will have made more than £10m, as each of those loans will have no doubt come with a decent fee too

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024