Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking at bottom half of the Championship 22:44 - Jun 28 with 1451 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So many reasonably recent Premier League sides there:

Sheffield Wed, QPR, Reading, Birmingham, Wigan. Charlton, Middlesbro, Stoke, Hull, Huddersfield.

Only the bottom two Luton and Barnsley haven't been.

In our league we had Coventry and Bolton and still have Portsmouth, Sunderland, Blackpool, MK Dons/AFC Wimbledon (do they both count?) and ourselves.

Are Oldham the lowest placed former Premier League team? Although Notts County only missed out on it by one season and are now non-league.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 22:52 - Jun 28 with 1406 viewsHerbivore

Isn't it like 20 years since Sheffield Wednesday have been in the Prem? They've been down to League 1 twice since then as well. Charlton have been out of the top flight for over a decade now too, also with a spell in League 1 thrown in. Wigan, though in the Prem more recently than those two, have also been in League 1 more recently than they've been in the Prem.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 22:56 - Jun 28 with 1387 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 22:52 - Jun 28 by Herbivore

Isn't it like 20 years since Sheffield Wednesday have been in the Prem? They've been down to League 1 twice since then as well. Charlton have been out of the top flight for over a decade now too, also with a spell in League 1 thrown in. Wigan, though in the Prem more recently than those two, have also been in League 1 more recently than they've been in the Prem.

It's nearly 20 since we have isn't it?

Sad times.

Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 22:57 - Jun 28 with 1379 viewsHerbivore

Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 22:56 - Jun 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

It's nearly 20 since we have isn't it?

Sad times.

It is, and I'd never describe us as having relatively recently been in the Prem. There are people who can legally buy alcohol who weren't born the last time we kicked a ball in the Prem.

Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 22:57 - Jun 28 with 1384 viewsdominiciawful

Barnsley were in the Premier League in 1997/98. Wednesday were last in it in 2000. Luton relegated from the First Division with Notts County in 1992, I think.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 23:05 - Jun 28 with 1354 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 22:57 - Jun 28 by dominiciawful

Barnsley were in the Premier League in 1997/98. Wednesday were last in it in 2000. Luton relegated from the First Division with Notts County in 1992, I think.

Yeah, I forgot Barnsley had been up for a season.

Perhaps I should have stuck with been in the Premier League rather than relatively recently. However the flip side of that is some of those listed have been much more recent - Huddersfield especially.

Are Blackpool the most recent of those at our level now?

Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 23:08 - Jun 28 with 1344 viewsHerbivore

Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 23:05 - Jun 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yeah, I forgot Barnsley had been up for a season.

Perhaps I should have stuck with been in the Premier League rather than relatively recently. However the flip side of that is some of those listed have been much more recent - Huddersfield especially.

Are Blackpool the most recent of those at our level now?

Sunderland are the most recent at our level, and more recent than a fair few of those in the Championship.

Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 23:15 - Jun 28 with 1331 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 23:08 - Jun 28 by Herbivore

Sunderland are the most recent at our level, and more recent than a fair few of those in the Championship.

2016? Wow! That one did surprise me. It feels like they have been in League 1 for that long! I would have put them down as a decade out of it.

Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 23:16 - Jun 28 with 1326 viewsHerbivore

Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 23:15 - Jun 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

2016? Wow! That one did surprise me. It feels like they have been in League 1 for that long! I would have put them down as a decade out of it.

Double relegations in 2017 and 2018. I think of the sides you listed in your OP only Stoke and Huddersfield have been in the Prem more recently, possibly Hull without checking.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2020 23:18]

Login to get fewer ads

Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 23:21 - Jun 28 with 1311 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 23:16 - Jun 28 by Herbivore

Double relegations in 2017 and 2018. I think of the sides you listed in your OP only Stoke and Huddersfield have been in the Prem more recently, possibly Hull without checking.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2020 23:18]

Hull, Middlesbro and Sunderland all relegated 2016-17.

EDIT: Stoke were relegated more recently. Sorry missed them on your post unless that was the edit.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2020 23:24]

Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 04:43 - Jun 29 with 1185 viewsIllinoisblue

Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 22:57 - Jun 28 by Herbivore

It is, and I'd never describe us as having relatively recently been in the Prem. There are people who can legally buy alcohol who weren't born the last time we kicked a ball in the Prem.

Oldham 29 years, Ipswich 20 years. Longest streak without a promotion or major trophy. These are not the days.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 4:44]

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 07:12 - Jun 29 with 1087 viewsBlueBadger

Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 04:43 - Jun 29 by Illinoisblue

Oldham 29 years, Ipswich 20 years. Longest streak without a promotion or major trophy. These are not the days.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 4:44]

But The Football and the Matchday Experience are the best they've ever been!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 09:20 - Jun 29 with 925 viewsLeaky

Sooner or later an ex premier league team will go out of the league. Just hope its not us
Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 09:27 - Jun 29 with 917 viewsbournemouthblue

Looking at bottom half of the Championship on 09:20 - Jun 29 by Leaky

Sooner or later an ex premier league team will go out of the league. Just hope its not us

Bolton gave it a pretty good crack

The effects of CoVid certainly aren't going to help though

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024