Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ahhh just what we need...... new virus pandemic incoming! 20:48 - Jun 29 with 1225 viewsAce_High1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53218704

Nothing to worry about here at all, a new virus, in animals...... in China...... no chance it will enter the human population.

I think 2020 has done enough now, time to settle down please.
Ahhh just what we need...... new virus pandemic incoming! on 21:36 - Jun 29 with 1109 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It's almost as if factory farming is a really bad idea.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Ahhh just what we need...... new virus pandemic incoming! on 08:54 - Jun 30 with 891 viewsLeaky

China having a second go at bringing the west down.
Ahhh just what we need...... new virus pandemic incoming! on 09:19 - Jun 30 with 864 viewsStokieBlue

This happens all the time though. Flu is a well known vector from animals to humans and thus is monitored for and as the article says this has been caught very early and isn't a danger at the moment.

It's nothing like C19 which is a new virus and wasn't monitored for in a robust way like swine flu.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ahhh just what we need...... new virus pandemic incoming! on 09:19 - Jun 30 with 862 viewsStokieBlue

Ahhh just what we need...... new virus pandemic incoming! on 08:54 - Jun 30 by Leaky

Didn't realise we had The Donald on here but I guess stupid posts aren't only restricted to him.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ahhh just what we need...... new virus pandemic incoming! on 09:25 - Jun 30 with 840 viewsfooters

Ahhh just what we need...... new virus pandemic incoming! on 08:54 - Jun 30 by Leaky

Guess you could be right... if the entire world including China counts as the West.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Ahhh just what we need...... new virus pandemic incoming! on 09:46 - Jun 30 with 796 viewsWeWereZombies

Ahhh just what we need...... new virus pandemic incoming! on 09:25 - Jun 30 by footers

Guess you could be right... if the entire world including China counts as the West.

Exactly, and it all started with that film 'Babe' lulling us into a false sense of security. No China involvement in the production you say. Hah, Dick King-Smith sounds like one o' them three part Chinese names to me.

And Miriam Margoyles voiced the Border Collie - she's against Brexit so an obvious commie.

That's not all, look who else is in on the plot:

'When Babe was released in the US, it is reported that "activists around the country staked out movie theatres with flyers documenting the real life abuses of pigs". The film had a marked effect on the growth of vegetarianism, particularly among the young. It also promoted a more sympathetic view of the intellectual, emotional and social capacities of animals. James Cromwell became an ethical vegan as a result of starring as Farmer Hoggett, saying, "I decided that to be able to talk about this [movie] with conviction, I needed to become a vegetarian.' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babe_(film)

I rest my case.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Ahhh just what we need...... new virus pandemic incoming! on 10:19 - Jun 30 with 759 viewsfooters

Ahhh just what we need...... new virus pandemic incoming! on 09:46 - Jun 30 by WeWereZombies

Exactly, and it all started with that film 'Babe' lulling us into a false sense of security. No China involvement in the production you say. Hah, Dick King-Smith sounds like one o' them three part Chinese names to me.

And Miriam Margoyles voiced the Border Collie - she's against Brexit so an obvious commie.

That's not all, look who else is in on the plot:

'When Babe was released in the US, it is reported that "activists around the country staked out movie theatres with flyers documenting the real life abuses of pigs". The film had a marked effect on the growth of vegetarianism, particularly among the young. It also promoted a more sympathetic view of the intellectual, emotional and social capacities of animals. James Cromwell became an ethical vegan as a result of starring as Farmer Hoggett, saying, "I decided that to be able to talk about this [movie] with conviction, I needed to become a vegetarian.' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babe_(film)

I rest my case.

I always found the titular sexualisation of an animal quite worrying. Now, I love bacon as much as the next man but not so much I have to adjust my fly when sitting at the table...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Ahhh just what we need...... new virus pandemic incoming! on 10:31 - Jun 30 with 748 viewsWeWereZombies

Ahhh just what we need...... new virus pandemic incoming! on 10:19 - Jun 30 by footers

I always found the titular sexualisation of an animal quite worrying. Now, I love bacon as much as the next man but not so much I have to adjust my fly when sitting at the table...

This comes as no surprise given that your avatar shows someone far removed from the Bullingdon Club end of the political spectrum.

I'm just relieved that no one has pointed out that I ended my diatribe against Chinese animal husbandry with an attack on vegetarianism...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Ahhh just what we need...... new virus pandemic incoming! on 11:23 - Jun 30 with 714 viewsLeaky

Ahhh just what we need...... new virus pandemic incoming! on 09:19 - Jun 30 by StokieBlue

Didn't realise we had The Donald on here but I guess stupid posts aren't only restricted to him.

SB

No got a bet on with my son on how many down votes I can get. Case of Old peculiar rests on it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024