Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We can’t use the excuse this time 09:45 - Jul 17 with 2543 viewsGlasgowBlue

That we were unaware it was going on

An ethno-religious minority being herded onto trains and taken to the camps. Genocide happening right before our eyes.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

We can’t use the excuse this time on 11:22 - Jul 18 with 539 viewsmatteoblue

We can’t use the excuse this time on 19:25 - Jul 17 by sparks

I have a lot of tim for him.

But for someone who has left extremism behind, hunger striking is kinda extreme.

I dont understand his logic here if he is serious. The Chinese are not going to bend as a result of this- they wont notice or care. So he wil either die, or have to back down. Realistically it will be the latter. I get that its a publicity thing. But still.

That is not to say, for one moment, that I take issue with his stance. I just dont see what "hunger strike" achieves.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 19:29]

He's said that he'll stop when the petitions he's published have 100,000 votes. He probably means the total votes of these petitions. He's expected to achieve this in a day or so.

We are Premier League, say we are Premier League!

We can’t use the excuse this time on 11:26 - Jul 18 with 537 viewssparks

We can’t use the excuse this time on 11:22 - Jul 18 by matteoblue

He's said that he'll stop when the petitions he's published have 100,000 votes. He probably means the total votes of these petitions. He's expected to achieve this in a day or so.

Ahhh okay. Not really a proper hunger strike then, but I see the point.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

We can’t use the excuse this time on 12:16 - Jul 18 with 497 viewsGaryCooper

We can’t use the excuse this time on 11:58 - Jul 17 by BloomBlue

It will never happen even if it went to the UN you know the likes of Russia will support China by default. The recent support of China over Hong Kong by a group of Countries at the UN demonstrates that, the UN is tribal it never speaks as one

The only person who has stood up to China is Trump and he won't get reelected in Nov.

People across the world can help, stop buying anything and everything from China. Find out before you buy anything is any part made in China and if yes don't buy even if it means buying from somewhere else at double the cost

If you live in East Anglia, London, Kent or Sussex, your electricity is delivered on a Chinese owned network. What does one do about this?
We can’t use the excuse this time on 12:19 - Jul 18 with 491 viewsfooters

We can’t use the excuse this time on 12:16 - Jul 18 by GaryCooper

If you live in East Anglia, London, Kent or Sussex, your electricity is delivered on a Chinese owned network. What does one do about this?

Support re-nationalisation.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

We can’t use the excuse this time on 12:50 - Jul 18 with 463 viewssparks

We can’t use the excuse this time on 12:19 - Jul 18 by footers

Support re-nationalisation.

Some sort of compulsory purchase on security grounds. Tricky in international law I imagine.

Either way- people should be signing that petition. Now.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

We can’t use the excuse this time on 13:23 - Jul 19 with 402 viewsGlasgowBlue

Marr putting the Chinese ambassador on the spot.

And after five days on hunger strike Maajid got the 100k signatures needed for a parliamentary debate.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2020 13:43]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024