Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? 08:13 - Jul 24 with 5286 viewssolomon

Or an attempt to keep firmly in it?
The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 08:20 - Jul 24 with 2480 viewsTractor_Buck

Generally speaking, I'm a supporter of the Royal Family but this morning I found myself wondering what on earth they were going to moan about next.
The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 08:24 - Jul 24 with 2450 viewssparks

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 08:20 - Jul 24 by Tractor_Buck

Generally speaking, I'm a supporter of the Royal Family but this morning I found myself wondering what on earth they were going to moan about next.

Are you seriously saying that it is not reasonable to be fecking furious about someone videoing your young child, on private property, with a drone?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 08:35 - Jul 24 with 2431 viewssolomon

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 08:24 - Jul 24 by sparks

Are you seriously saying that it is not reasonable to be fecking furious about someone videoing your young child, on private property, with a drone?

It’s amazing that with all these A list Hollywood superstars about they pick on a D list “actress” and the sixth in line to the throne
The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 08:36 - Jul 24 with 2437 viewsitfcjoe

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 08:20 - Jul 24 by Tractor_Buck

Yep, they aren't coming out of anything with much credit - just want everything totally on their terms which has never been how it is with the royal family

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 08:37 - Jul 24 with 2419 viewsDanTheMan

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 08:36 - Jul 24 by itfcjoe

Yep, they aren't coming out of anything with much credit - just want everything totally on their terms which has never been how it is with the royal family

I'm struggling to see what they've done wrong here.

I think I'd be fairly peeved if people were filming my family with a drone.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 08:41 - Jul 24 with 2387 viewsfooters

Who cares?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 08:45 - Jul 24 with 2372 viewsitfcjoe

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 08:37 - Jul 24 by DanTheMan

I'm struggling to see what they've done wrong here.

I think I'd be fairly peeved if people were filming my family with a drone.

I'm talking more generally with their approach to it all - should have made that clear, in this case they are totally right

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 08:49 - Jul 24 with 2358 viewssparks

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 08:45 - Jul 24 by itfcjoe

I'm talking more generally with their approach to it all - should have made that clear, in this case they are totally right

In every case they are right. They object to piss-taking paps and intrusion, so rather than hypocritically continuing to milk it on one side and object to it on the other- they have removed themselves from teh public life to protect themselves from it. And they are being vilified for that. Not surprising- because the press doubtless object to a cash cow being removed, and take it personally. Quite why the public are buying the press line on it, is beyond me. Though I think there has been a whiff of racism about the whole thing in many quarters.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Login to get fewer ads

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 08:52 - Jul 24 with 2345 viewsitfcjoe

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 08:49 - Jul 24 by sparks

In every case they are right. They object to piss-taking paps and intrusion, so rather than hypocritically continuing to milk it on one side and object to it on the other- they have removed themselves from teh public life to protect themselves from it. And they are being vilified for that. Not surprising- because the press doubtless object to a cash cow being removed, and take it personally. Quite why the public are buying the press line on it, is beyond me. Though I think there has been a whiff of racism about the whole thing in many quarters.

But they haven't removed themselves from public life, and aren't trying to - they have wanted to withdraw themselves from part of the royal life which they don't want, whilst continuing the parts that they do want.

The Queen's actions are far more telling than the media, she quickly shot down their proposal and effectively pushed them out the door after being ambushed with it

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 08:52 - Jul 24 with 2344 viewsfooters

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 08:49 - Jul 24 by sparks

That and there are some outstanding legal cases to be concluded so the press are getting a final kicking in before.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 08:56 - Jul 24 with 2333 viewssparks

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 08:52 - Jul 24 by itfcjoe

But they haven't removed themselves from public life, and aren't trying to - they have wanted to withdraw themselves from part of the royal life which they don't want, whilst continuing the parts that they do want.

The Queen's actions are far more telling than the media, she quickly shot down their proposal and effectively pushed them out the door after being ambushed with it

Which parts are those?

You are buying the press line. That would be the press that killed the bloke's Mum and even now are sending fecking drones to video a toddler on private property...

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:04 - Jul 24 with 2308 viewsitfcjoe

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 08:56 - Jul 24 by sparks

Which parts are those?

You are buying the press line. That would be the press that killed the bloke's Mum and even now are sending fecking drones to video a toddler on private property...

They literally released a proposal from their website when it started of what they would and wouldn't do - and who they would and wouldn't speak to with regards to the royal rota.

The royal rota is effectively tax payer funded to report on the royal family, they said that now they are no longer taking public money (which they are anyway) they should not need to be part of it.

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:14 - Jul 24 with 2282 viewsWeWereZombies

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 08:56 - Jul 24 by sparks

Which parts are those?

Did the press kill Diana? They were certainly a contributory factor but wasn't the real reason a drunk driver? I find it somewhat lame that you were being critical of other posters for what you saw as a misrepresentation of Hampstead's stance on the De Menezes killing yesterday and yet are imprecise on causes today.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:15 - Jul 24 with 2281 viewssparks

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:04 - Jul 24 by itfcjoe

They literally released a proposal from their website when it started of what they would and wouldn't do - and who they would and wouldn't speak to with regards to the royal rota.

The royal rota is effectively tax payer funded to report on the royal family, they said that now they are no longer taking public money (which they are anyway) they should not need to be part of it.

They arent are they? Not something I know or care about much- but a quick google suggests they are no longer part of it.

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:18 - Jul 24 with 2264 viewsRadlett_blue

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:04 - Jul 24 by itfcjoe

Indeed. As the Queen would have it, you should be "in" or "out" as a Royal (a drastically reduced "Royal family" might even make the monarchy acceptable to a Republican like me). Harry & Meghan wanted out, but to continue to cash in on their celebrity status & presumably umpteen hidden fringe benefits. That's the problem.
Yes, people using drones to take pictures of anyone not engaging in criminal activity should be an offence, but that misses the bigger issue.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:20 - Jul 24 with 2260 viewssparks

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:14 - Jul 24 by WeWereZombies

Did the press kill Diana? They were certainly a contributory factor but wasn't the real reason a drunk driver? I find it somewhat lame that you were being critical of other posters for what you saw as a misrepresentation of Hampstead's stance on the De Menezes killing yesterday and yet are imprecise on causes today.

The press behave appallingly in this country- and continue to do so. They were clearly heavily involved in what happened, chasing her tthrough tunnels at high speed trying to get photos. Its pathetic. They were clearly culpable in the death imo. Note- I didnt not say "murdered". Because that would be innaccurate and unreasonable. Which is where your attempt at a criticism falls on its illogical arse.

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:23 - Jul 24 with 2245 viewsitfcjoe

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:15 - Jul 24 by sparks

They arent are they? Not something I know or care about much- but a quick google suggests they are no longer part of it.

They are no longer in it because they are no longer part of the royal family, they wanted to cherry pick who they spoke to whilst continuing to take the money from the oublic but those things were non negotiable for the Queen who was much hardher than they thought she would be, probably due to being blindsided by it

95% of their income is via Prince Charles, seen as private income, but would you really say that is the case?

Plus their refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage was paid for by the tax payer, plus their security detail, etc

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:25 - Jul 24 with 2240 viewseireblue

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:23 - Jul 24 by itfcjoe

They are no longer in it because they are no longer part of the royal family, they wanted to cherry pick who they spoke to whilst continuing to take the money from the oublic but those things were non negotiable for the Queen who was much hardher than they thought she would be, probably due to being blindsided by it

95% of their income is via Prince Charles, seen as private income, but would you really say that is the case?

Plus their refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage was paid for by the tax payer, plus their security detail, etc

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/harry-and-meghan-to-repay-taxpayer-co
The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:25 - Jul 24 with 2240 viewsitfcjoe

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:18 - Jul 24 by Radlett_blue

Indeed. As the Queen would have it, you should be "in" or "out" as a Royal (a drastically reduced "Royal family" might even make the monarchy acceptable to a Republican like me). Harry & Meghan wanted out, but to continue to cash in on their celebrity status & presumably umpteen hidden fringe benefits. That's the problem.
Yes, people using drones to take pictures of anyone not engaging in criminal activity should be an offence, but that misses the bigger issue.

Realistically once the Queen dies the royal family needed to be streamlined to remove Harry and Meghan from the main part of it anyway as they will then be as relevant as Andrew, Anne and Edward are - i.e. not very.

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:28 - Jul 24 with 2230 viewsWeWereZombies

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:20 - Jul 24 by sparks

The press behave appallingly in this country- and continue to do so. They were clearly heavily involved in what happened, chasing her tthrough tunnels at high speed trying to get photos. Its pathetic. They were clearly culpable in the death imo. Note- I didnt not say "murdered". Because that would be innaccurate and unreasonable. Which is where your attempt at a criticism falls on its illogical arse.

I am not arguing that, some, journalists behave well - in this country - although the event in question happened in Paris... I am arguing that the driver of the car in which Diana died was not in full control of his vehicle through intoxication. Thanks by proving my criticism by reducing your objection to an insult at the end of the post by the way.

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:30 - Jul 24 with 2223 viewsitfcjoe

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:25 - Jul 24 by eireblue

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/harry-and-meghan-to-repay-taxpayer-co

So it was paid for by the tax payer then? They will now pay it back over 10 years on the proviso that their security detail is to be paid for by Prince Charles

https://www.tatler.com/article/harry-and-meghan-have-10-years-to-pay-back-frogmo

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:31 - Jul 24 with 2218 viewssparks

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:23 - Jul 24 by itfcjoe

How do you know this?

Because the press have reported and been brief on it?

Seems to me that there is an issue with that...

If I was in their shoes, I would have done the same thing long ago.

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:32 - Jul 24 with 2212 viewssparks

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:28 - Jul 24 by WeWereZombies

I am not arguing that, some, journalists behave well - in this country - although the event in question happened in Paris... I am arguing that the driver of the car in which Diana died was not in full control of his vehicle through intoxication. Thanks by proving my criticism by reducing your objection to an insult at the end of the post by the way.

Really cant be bothered with someone trying to score cheap points in an unrelated thread.

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:37 - Jul 24 with 2199 viewsWeWereZombies

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:32 - Jul 24 by sparks

Really cant be bothered with someone trying to score cheap points in an unrelated thread.

As my post concerned the mother of the Duke of Sussex, just take a look at the title of this thread at this point, and you brought her up a few posts ago I do have to show some concern about your current state of mind now...

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:39 - Jul 24 with 2185 viewsitfcjoe

The Sussex’s an attempt to keep out of the media? on 09:31 - Jul 24 by sparks

How do you know this?

Because the press have reported and been brief on it?

Seems to me that there is an issue with that...

If I was in their shoes, I would have done the same thing long ago.

It doesn't take much critical thinking to work it out.

They release a website stating what they want, how they want it to work - basically a half in-half out relationship

Within days, it is announced that they will be all out, and not have the relationship that they, on record from their own website, asked for.

Do you need the press to spell out or be briefed what happened there?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024