Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is pretty scandalous 09:32 - Jul 26 with 1387 viewsHerbivore

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53541170

Basically sowing the seeds for reoffending. It's not ideal for public safety to have convicted sex offenders not having an address that enables you to actually know where they are and it's not ideal to put them back into the public in circumstances that lay the groundwork for offending behaviour.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This is pretty scandalous on 09:48 - Jul 26 with 1326 viewshampstead_blue

Are they, and other offenders supposed to find their own digs?

I thought they went into 'half-way' homes, HMO's, until they had a job etc.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

This is pretty scandalous on 09:50 - Jul 26 with 1319 viewsHerbivore

This is pretty scandalous on 09:48 - Jul 26 by hampstead_blue

Are they, and other offenders supposed to find their own digs?

I thought they went into 'half-way' homes, HMO's, until they had a job etc.

There aren't enough probation hostel beds. They can go to housing but they are considered low priority and finding private accommodation when you're just out of the clink and don't have an income is nigh on impossible. This isn't how you rehabilitate criminals and reduce the risk of reoffending.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This is pretty scandalous on 10:03 - Jul 26 with 1277 viewshampstead_blue

This is pretty scandalous on 09:50 - Jul 26 by Herbivore

There aren't enough probation hostel beds. They can go to housing but they are considered low priority and finding private accommodation when you're just out of the clink and don't have an income is nigh on impossible. This isn't how you rehabilitate criminals and reduce the risk of reoffending.

I agree.

I had an audiobook, The Secret Barrister, shocking lack of funding.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

This is pretty scandalous on 10:15 - Jul 26 with 1245 viewsDarth_Koont

Awful. Such a lack of joined up thinking in the UK.

Not saying this and other issues aren't difficult to solve but there doesn't seem to be anything like the funding and certainly not the will to try.

Pronouns: He/Him

This is pretty scandalous on 12:10 - Jul 26 with 1138 viewsHarry_Palmer

Quite. Not sure why those who are considered a 'high' or 'very high' risk should be getting released at all, let alone without a confirmed place of residence.
This is pretty scandalous on 14:13 - Jul 26 with 1050 viewshampstead_blue

This is pretty scandalous on 10:15 - Jul 26 by Darth_Koont

Awful. Such a lack of joined up thinking in the UK.

Not saying this and other issues aren't difficult to solve but there doesn't seem to be anything like the funding and certainly not the will to try.

It would be nice for the HoC to put aside sides and deal with some things in a collaborative manner.

This is one on my list should that happen.

I spoke with a young MP recently, veteran btw, and asked him that question. "Is there collaboration behind the scenes?"......to my delight and surprise he said Yes.

Not opening a can of worms so hold back......

This is pretty scandalous on 14:25 - Jul 26 with 1031 viewsDarth_Koont

This is pretty scandalous on 14:13 - Jul 26 by hampstead_blue

It would be nice for the HoC to put aside sides and deal with some things in a collaborative manner.

This is one on my list should that happen.

I spoke with a young MP recently, veteran btw, and asked him that question. "Is there collaboration behind the scenes?"......to my delight and surprise he said Yes.

Not opening a can of worms so hold back......

The government sets the agenda - and shows less and less interest in preventive and progressive policies to address underlying social issues many of which are directly caused by the lack of investment and policy.

This is what happens when housing is ignored, when local authorities have been stripped to the bone, when prison is seen as pure punishment rather than punishment and rehabilitation to prevent re-offending. This is what happens when we don't actually care very much about society - and a lot of it is decades old.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024