Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Business Of Drugs on Netflix... 20:26 - Aug 2 with 1051 viewsmonytowbray

Well worth a watch to see how much of a failure our drug laws are on a global scale.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The Business Of Drugs on Netflix... on 20:55 - Aug 2 with 1010 viewsPendejo

Define failure...

No I know what you mean, if the policy is to eradicate them, complete failure.

If the laws are actually a process to drive up price / profitability it's a complete success!
The narcotics industry is the most successful worldwide business, and has been for over 60 years, out performing the petro chemical giants, coca cola etc. It has been flexible to changing trends and tastes; weed, speed, heroin, coke, crystal meth Etc Etc etc

The problem is the profits from its success are often invested in maintaining that success i.e. Corruption of whole goverments, not just the narco states but no doubt highly placed individuals worldwide.

The pin that would burst that bubble is called legalisation. It would have a dramatic effect on street value and would create auditable tax income.

The reason I say auditable... Due to the money laundering laws world wide cash purchases over £x are reportable by law, thus laundering is key, and laundered money generates greater tax revenue than would be generated by legalised products and rich people like being rich, corrupt individuals like being rich... He'll I'd like to be rich!

Money makes the world go around, unfortunately there's a lot of laundered money out there (see HSBC) some of it, possibly, invested in U.K. property... And given current economic climate no-one would want to burst the bubble that is already deflating.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

The Business Of Drugs on Netflix... on 21:05 - Aug 2 with 997 viewsmonytowbray

The Business Of Drugs on Netflix... on 20:55 - Aug 2 by Pendejo

Define failure...

No I know what you mean, if the policy is to eradicate them, complete failure.

If the laws are actually a process to drive up price / profitability it's a complete success!
The narcotics industry is the most successful worldwide business, and has been for over 60 years, out performing the petro chemical giants, coca cola etc. It has been flexible to changing trends and tastes; weed, speed, heroin, coke, crystal meth Etc Etc etc

The problem is the profits from its success are often invested in maintaining that success i.e. Corruption of whole goverments, not just the narco states but no doubt highly placed individuals worldwide.

The pin that would burst that bubble is called legalisation. It would have a dramatic effect on street value and would create auditable tax income.

The reason I say auditable... Due to the money laundering laws world wide cash purchases over £x are reportable by law, thus laundering is key, and laundered money generates greater tax revenue than would be generated by legalised products and rich people like being rich, corrupt individuals like being rich... He'll I'd like to be rich!

Money makes the world go around, unfortunately there's a lot of laundered money out there (see HSBC) some of it, possibly, invested in U.K. property... And given current economic climate no-one would want to burst the bubble that is already deflating.

I mean, everything you just said. Yes. That.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The Business Of Drugs on Netflix... on 21:15 - Aug 2 with 964 viewsAlan_Handsome

What was their take on alcohol?

You can't polish a turd....but you can sprinkle it with glitter!

The Business Of Drugs on Netflix... on 15:23 - Aug 3 with 780 viewshampstead_blue

I've been watching it and it just brings back to my mind the debate about legalising drugs.

Had a really good chat with Mrs H about it over the weekend. We both feel the same...legalise in a safe and appropriate manner.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

The Business Of Drugs on Netflix... on 15:26 - Aug 3 with 781 viewsKeno

The Business Of Drugs on Netflix... on 21:15 - Aug 2 by Alan_Handsome

What was their take on alcohol?

They like drinking it

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024