Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? 22:10 - Aug 2 with 3714 viewsGeoffSentence

But people still are apparently

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-norway-cruiseship-idUSKBN2

36 of the crew had covid and now the race is on to trace the passengers.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 15:47 - Aug 3 with 531 viewsitfcjoe

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 15:29 - Aug 3 by Herbivore

Cummings did plenty of things which risked spreading the disease. His wife and kid went to a hospital up there, he left quarantine to pick them up from the hospital. He went to Barnard Castle and was seen out and about. It's hard to believe they didn't stop once on the way there or back. All of this whilst having Covid symptoms.

I'm surprised that you have such faith in those who have access to the data. To paraphrase the civil service tweet, they are a bunch of truth-twisting charlatans. The rules are in place because we're in a global pandemic and there needs to be clear guidance in place to help limit its spread. Unfortunately the messaging is too often confused or undermined by the people meant to be offering it.

I'm a bit surprised you don't see an issue with going abroad in the current climate. I think it's mad to be honest.

But the messaging has to be OTT, and I don't disagree with the parts re the unclear messaging of it - but the reality is someone like Calderwood who drove to her 2nd home and then just went for walks from there was not risking spreading it as know what they should be doing - but an example needed to be made of her (as it should have been Cummings)

You and I both know that even in the strictest lockdown, had we elected to drive 100 miles to go for a walk, that we were only risking the clarity of the message and guidelines, not the actual spread of the disease.

I don't mean faith around those providing the guidelines, but more that they aren't going to unnecessarily risk themselves by going abroad, they are doing so because the evidence points out that it isn't likely going to cause an issue if you act responsibly there, bar the aeroplane which is going to be hard to navigate.

But people see the guidelines, and will stretch them as far as possible - whereas others will be a stickler for them.....but currently in the North West you are encouraged to go out for dinner, but can't go and sit in a friends garden even though outdoors the infection rates are miniscule

It's a mess, but people know what they should and shouldn't be doing, and how they should and shouldn't be acting but too many wishing to push things for their on needs, I am not going to take a holiday until the very end of this year, if I didn't have kids I probably would get away bu hard to say for definite

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 16:00 - Aug 3 with 496 viewsHerbivore

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 15:47 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

But the messaging has to be OTT, and I don't disagree with the parts re the unclear messaging of it - but the reality is someone like Calderwood who drove to her 2nd home and then just went for walks from there was not risking spreading it as know what they should be doing - but an example needed to be made of her (as it should have been Cummings)

You and I both know that even in the strictest lockdown, had we elected to drive 100 miles to go for a walk, that we were only risking the clarity of the message and guidelines, not the actual spread of the disease.

I don't mean faith around those providing the guidelines, but more that they aren't going to unnecessarily risk themselves by going abroad, they are doing so because the evidence points out that it isn't likely going to cause an issue if you act responsibly there, bar the aeroplane which is going to be hard to navigate.

But people see the guidelines, and will stretch them as far as possible - whereas others will be a stickler for them.....but currently in the North West you are encouraged to go out for dinner, but can't go and sit in a friends garden even though outdoors the infection rates are miniscule

It's a mess, but people know what they should and shouldn't be doing, and how they should and shouldn't be acting but too many wishing to push things for their on needs, I am not going to take a holiday until the very end of this year, if I didn't have kids I probably would get away bu hard to say for definite

For me those going on holiday abroad are amongst those who are pushing things too far, even if the current guidance allows it. I just don't see how cramming 200 people on a plane for hours and thousands of people in an airport for hours can really be safe. Face masks offer limited protection, distancing is more effective. Then when you get there, if you're going to a popular holiday destination then it's going to be full of people from all over the place and how well they will adhere to safety protocols, especially after a few drinks, is highly question able.

It's really odd as you say that people in the North West can't sit out in a garden together but they could sit on a packed flight together. I don't get it at all.

I definitely won't be going overseas this year, will see how things look come springtime. If things are still so risky that masks are essential I'll probably give it a miss.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 17:04 - Aug 3 with 447 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 16:00 - Aug 3 by Herbivore

For me those going on holiday abroad are amongst those who are pushing things too far, even if the current guidance allows it. I just don't see how cramming 200 people on a plane for hours and thousands of people in an airport for hours can really be safe. Face masks offer limited protection, distancing is more effective. Then when you get there, if you're going to a popular holiday destination then it's going to be full of people from all over the place and how well they will adhere to safety protocols, especially after a few drinks, is highly question able.

It's really odd as you say that people in the North West can't sit out in a garden together but they could sit on a packed flight together. I don't get it at all.

I definitely won't be going overseas this year, will see how things look come springtime. If things are still so risky that masks are essential I'll probably give it a miss.

Maybe Government are of the opinion that their reputation would recover from a loss of lives but it wouldn't recover from an economic disaster caused by the prolonged closure of certain industries and are therefore choosing the former.
You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 17:10 - Aug 3 with 431 viewsHerbivore

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 17:04 - Aug 3 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Maybe Government are of the opinion that their reputation would recover from a loss of lives but it wouldn't recover from an economic disaster caused by the prolonged closure of certain industries and are therefore choosing the former.

I think that absolutely comes into it. They will be calculating what an acceptable human cost looks like versus the economy totally tanking. It's going to be a brutal few years to get over Covid, plus we've got the sh!t show of Brexit on the immediate horizon as well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024