Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Far Side 07:25 - Aug 4 with 1010 viewsCoastalblue

Any fans? I used to love it. Looks like Larson's beginning to produce some new stuff after a long period. Can't say the first three are particularly what I might have hoped for, or maybe time has just moved on?

https://www.thefarside.com/new-stuff

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

The Far Side on 09:03 - Aug 4 with 934 viewsGuthrum

I used to love Far Side.

Maybe just needs time to get into the groove, get the inspiration flowing. With that kind of body of work behind you, must be difficult not to repeat yourself.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The Far Side on 09:05 - Aug 4 with 929 viewsMookamoo

Good to see he is still producing stuff. We have a whole shelf of Far Sides, Calvin and Hobbs, Shel Silverstein and of course, Giles. Kids will still pick some up and lose an hour or so reading them.
The Far Side on 13:06 - Aug 4 with 847 viewsWeWereZombies

Interesting Gary Larson fact I saw on Wikipedia the other day:

'One of Gary Larson's Far Side cartoons shows two chimpanzees grooming. One finds a blonde human hair on the other and inquires, "Conducting a little more 'research' with that Jane Goodall tramp?" Goodall herself was in Africa at the time, and the Jane Goodall Institute thought this was in bad taste and had its lawyers draft a letter to Larson and his distribution syndicate in which they described the cartoon as an "atrocity". They were stymied by Goodall herself: When she returned and saw the cartoon, she stated that she found the cartoon amusing. Since then, all profits from sales of a shirt featuring this cartoon go to the Jane Goodall Institute. Goodall wrote a preface to The Far Side Gallery 5, detailing her version of the controversy, and the institute's letter was included next to the cartoon in the complete Far Side collection.She praised Larson's creative ideas, which often compare and contrast the behaviour of humans and animals. In 1988, when Larson visited Gombe, he was attacked by a chimpanzee named Frodo.'

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The Far Side on 14:29 - Aug 4 with 803 viewsElephantintheRoom

One of the few cartoon-drawing vets - and much loved around the world for his surreaal whimsies.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024