Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh dear! 15:54 - Aug 24 with 5358 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

33 year old Hong Kong man catches covid for second time 4 months apart!
https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/aug/24/coronavirus-live-news-send-ch

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Oh dear! on 19:08 - Aug 24 with 1427 viewspointofblue

To be fair it doesn’t look like you can take a test if you’ve just simply flown in from abroad and the quarantine instructions are only in place with some destinations.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-a-tes

I may have missed another link which says otherwise, admittedly!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Oh dear! on 19:09 - Aug 24 with 1422 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh dear! on 19:06 - Aug 24 by jeera

Anyone can have a swab test.

There's no criteria to meet.

Ah thanks Jeera. I'm not sure of the criteria back home. I know I can go get one every day of the week here. Antibody test too. Wasn't sure on eligibility in the UK.

If anyone is entitled to one, they should, especially after foreign travel.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2020 19:11]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Oh dear! on 19:12 - Aug 24 with 1410 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh dear! on 19:08 - Aug 24 by pointofblue

To be fair it doesn’t look like you can take a test if you’ve just simply flown in from abroad and the quarantine instructions are only in place with some destinations.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-a-tes

Like I said, if you're not entitled to one, then the unselfish and community minded approach to take upon returning to the country would be to self quarantine.

If you're not prepared to make that sacrifice then you shouldn't go abroad.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Oh dear! on 19:12 - Aug 24 with 1400 views26_Paz

Oh dear! on 19:04 - Aug 24 by SpruceMoose

If you weren't eligible for a test you self quarantined then, right?

No, I’ve explained why I didn’t self quarantine ... there was no requirement upon me to do so! As I’ve explained I’ve complied with all guidance to the letter so I really don’t see what the problem is

The Paz Man

Oh dear! on 19:16 - Aug 24 with 1399 viewsvapour_trail

Oh dear! on 18:56 - Aug 24 by Libero

This is why you’re a scumbag, you could be asymptomatic and spreading that sh1t around with almost as much vigour and concision as you spread your ignorant nonsense on this board.

Shame on you.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2020 18:57]

Anyone could be asymptomatic.

Why are you training your guns on one person who has been on holiday. I assume that everyone who has been posting about their staycations, have returned home untested and gone about their business. And you haven’t labelled any of them, scumbags.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Oh dear! on 19:17 - Aug 24 with 1392 viewsvapour_trail

Oh dear! on 19:12 - Aug 24 by SpruceMoose

Like I said, if you're not entitled to one, then the unselfish and community minded approach to take upon returning to the country would be to self quarantine.

If you're not prepared to make that sacrifice then you shouldn't go abroad.

Any other government guidelines you feel he should be ignoring?

Oh dear! on 19:19 - Aug 24 with 1389 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh dear! on 19:16 - Aug 24 by vapour_trail

Why are you training your guns on one person who has been on holiday. I assume that everyone who has been posting about their staycations, have returned home untested and gone about their business. And you haven’t labelled any of them, scumbags.

Perhaps they're a bit more sheepish about the selfish decisions they've made, and haven't been going around the forum reveling in it.

Oh dear! on 19:19 - Aug 24 with 1380 views26_Paz

Oh dear! on 19:17 - Aug 24 by vapour_trail

Any other government guidelines you feel he should be ignoring?

Forget the government mate. Spruce and Libero make the laws for TWTD board members

The Paz Man

Login to get fewer ads

Oh dear! on 19:21 - Aug 24 with 1379 viewsvapour_trail

Oh dear! on 19:19 - Aug 24 by SpruceMoose

Perhaps they're a bit more sheepish about the selfish decisions they've made, and haven't been going around the forum reveling in it.

No, we’ve had lots of people talking about trips they’ve taken.

Oh dear! on 19:22 - Aug 24 with 1377 viewskinnockers

load of squit . stick to guns mate

Former leader of the Labour Party / Newsround Editor

Oh dear! on 19:22 - Aug 24 with 1372 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh dear! on 19:19 - Aug 24 by 26_Paz

Forget the government mate. Spruce and Libero make the laws for TWTD board members

I don't think there's a law on the books preventing me from thinking that your behaviour is persistently ignorant, bigoted and selfish.

I know you have authoritarian tastes but telling me what I'm allowed to think might be going a bit far.

Oh dear! on 19:23 - Aug 24 with 1373 viewsgordon

Oh dear! on 16:00 - Aug 24 by Steve_M

Yes, and the the second time non-symptomatically which suggests he has some degree of immunity albeit not enough not to catch it. Too early to be conclusive - more cases are needed - but this might be a positive development.

Thread here:

Many of the earlier repeat infection stories from Iran (which weren't confirmed by genome sequencing as in this case, but came from trustworthy sources, doctors etc) involved people who had recovered from the virus, assumed they were immune, and then cared for a relative with COVID and then been reinfected and become seriously ill or died.

It may be the case that the second time round in these types of cases people had very high virus loads, because they assumed they were immune so didn't take much precaution around their sick relatives.
Oh dear! on 19:23 - Aug 24 with 1363 viewsLibero

Oh dear! on 19:16 - Aug 24 by vapour_trail

I’m taking his wider actions and statements into account too, he’s done nothing but put others at risk and belittle the dangers.
Oh dear! on 19:25 - Aug 24 with 1357 viewsjeera

Oh dear! on 19:08 - Aug 24 by pointofblue

You can take a swab test off your own back no worries.

Drive-through centres, home kits, are both available.

Edit: I do know of a few people who have ordered the home kit and also who have taken the drive-through option. None of them were asked for any particular reasons to my knowledge.
The 18 y/o lass in the local shop ordered a home kit because there had been a rumour a colleague had had the virus so I'm assuming the criteria for a request isn't exactly high.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2020 19:34]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Oh dear! on 19:25 - Aug 24 with 1358 viewsvapour_trail

Oh dear! on 19:23 - Aug 24 by Libero

I’m taking his wider actions and statements into account too, he’s done nothing but put others at risk and belittle the dangers.

No you’re not. You’re calling someone a scumbag for not voluntarily self isolating when returning from a country which is on the governments exempt list.

Oh dear! on 19:25 - Aug 24 with 1352 views26_Paz

Oh dear! on 19:22 - Aug 24 by SpruceMoose

I don't think there's a law on the books preventing me from thinking that your behaviour is persistently ignorant, bigoted and selfish.

I know you have authoritarian tastes but telling me what I'm allowed to think might be going a bit far.

You’re telling me I should ignore all government advise and self isolate for 2 weeks and then you’re sitting there with no sense of irony and saying I’m trying to tell you what to think ...

The Paz Man

Oh dear! on 19:25 - Aug 24 with 1356 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh dear! on 19:21 - Aug 24 by vapour_trail

No, we’ve had lots of people talking about trips they’ve taken.

And if they came home and went about their business without getting a test or self quarantining for an appropriate period of time then my opinion of them is the same.

Oh dear! on 19:29 - Aug 24 with 1339 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh dear! on 19:25 - Aug 24 by 26_Paz

You’re telling me I should ignore all government advise and self isolate for 2 weeks and then you’re sitting there with no sense of irony and saying I’m trying to tell you what to think ...

It's funny to see that you choose to ignore or follow advice from experts when it's convenient for you to do so, isn't it?

Paz, it's simple. You have been in an uncontained environment with people from all over the country and world. The decent thing to do would have been to try and minimise spreading about anything you may have picked up on your travels to the people in your community.

I know you can't agree with me on here because you don't have an excuse for not doing so, other than you thought you were above doing that or you just didn't care.

Oh dear! on 19:33 - Aug 24 with 1319 views26_Paz

Oh dear! on 19:29 - Aug 24 by SpruceMoose

It's funny to see that you choose to ignore or follow advice from experts when it's convenient for you to do so, isn't it?

Paz, it's simple. You have been in an uncontained environment with people from all over the country and world. The decent thing to do would have been to try and minimise spreading about anything you may have picked up on your travels to the people in your community.

I know you can't agree with me on here because you don't have an excuse for not doing so, other than you thought you were above doing that or you just didn't care.

Sorry?
1. I’m following the advise from the experts. The official government advise, informed by their scientists, is that I do not need to isolate.
2. I don’t need an excuse not to isolate because I am not required to do so.
I’m not going to ignore government guidance and instead follow the guidance of some bloke on the internet. Sorry about that.

The Paz Man

Oh dear! on 19:35 - Aug 24 with 1311 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh dear! on 19:33 - Aug 24 by 26_Paz

Sorry?
1. I’m following the advise from the experts. The official government advise, informed by their scientists, is that I do not need to isolate.
2. I don’t need an excuse not to isolate because I am not required to do so.
I’m not going to ignore government guidance and instead follow the guidance of some bloke on the internet. Sorry about that.

Cool.

Like I said, when it benefits you you're all about listening to experts ain't you?

You've been selfish Paz. Own it.

Oh dear! on 19:38 - Aug 24 with 1298 views26_Paz

Oh dear! on 19:35 - Aug 24 by SpruceMoose

Cool.

Like I said, when it benefits you you're all about listening to experts ain't you?

You've been selfish Paz. Own it.

If following official government guidance to the letter at considerable personal expense makes me selfish then, yeah, I guess I’m selfish.

The Paz Man

Oh dear! on 19:40 - Aug 24 with 1287 viewspointofblue

Oh dear! on 19:25 - Aug 24 by jeera

You can take a swab test off your own back no worries.

Drive-through centres, home kits, are both available.

Edit: I do know of a few people who have ordered the home kit and also who have taken the drive-through option. None of them were asked for any particular reasons to my knowledge.
The 18 y/o lass in the local shop ordered a home kit because there had been a rumour a colleague had had the virus so I'm assuming the criteria for a request isn't exactly high.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2020 19:34]

Thanks for that; was just going off the website.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Oh dear! on 19:43 - Aug 24 with 1273 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh dear! on 19:38 - Aug 24 by 26_Paz

If following official government guidance to the letter at considerable personal expense makes me selfish then, yeah, I guess I’m selfish.

Glad we agree.

Oh, where was the government guidance saying now was the perfect time to have a lads holiday btw?

Oh dear! on 19:44 - Aug 24 with 1271 views26_Paz

Oh dear! on 19:43 - Aug 24 by SpruceMoose

Glad we agree.

Oh, where was the government guidance saying now was the perfect time to have a lads holiday btw?

I think it was kind of implied when they opened the travel corridors

The Paz Man

Oh dear! on 19:50 - Aug 24 with 1257 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh dear! on 19:44 - Aug 24 by 26_Paz

I think it was kind of implied when they opened the travel corridors

Really?

There are lots of reasons for traveling Paz. Where in the list of 'Important Reasons for Traveling' do you think 'Lad's Piss Up' sits?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024