Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular 09:41 - Aug 28 with 3604 viewsJakeITFC

amongst our fanbase?

You'd have thought he'd be looking to make moves to curry a bit of favour rather than souring relations further.
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:14 - Aug 29 with 746 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:08 - Aug 29 by Herbivore

I think if you were to do a poll now and ask the question should Paul Lambert be replaced as Ipswich manager then the majority would say yes to that. I think the question of whether people will be vocal about wanting him out is rather moot as there's not going to be any fans at PR for the first few games at least, possibly longer.

I am not convinced he is the right man either, but don't see what the constant bashing by the likes of Bluefish achieves. Just so he can say hewas right?
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:15 - Aug 29 with 744 viewstrueblue1970

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:13 - Aug 29 by Chrisd

This is his best chance for him to turn this around without any support at the grounds and he's not under that intense scrutiny, apart from social media which can be ignored or avoided. I'm prepared to give him the first 10 games, although I'm not his biggest fan, I'm intrigued to see if he's learnt from last season.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 12:16]

Same here 10 games in if no better then maybe time for change
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:16 - Aug 29 with 737 viewsWD19

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:14 - Aug 29 by IpswichBoyBlue

I am not convinced he is the right man either, but don't see what the constant bashing by the likes of Bluefish achieves. Just so he can say hewas right?

You do realise that if Lambert goes we are allowed to replace him? We don’t have to make do with the kit man or a training cone because we are in a transfer window type situation.
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:17 - Aug 29 with 737 viewsHerbivore

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:13 - Aug 29 by Chrisd

This is his best chance for him to turn this around without any support at the grounds and he's not under that intense scrutiny, apart from social media which can be ignored or avoided. I'm prepared to give him the first 10 games, although I'm not his biggest fan, I'm intrigued to see if he's learnt from last season.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 12:16]

He's been here nearly 2 years and didn't seem like he learnt much between his first and second seasons here. I just don't see a shred of evidence that he's capable of making this work. I hope I'm wrong.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:18 - Aug 29 with 733 viewsHerbivore

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:14 - Aug 29 by IpswichBoyBlue

Bluefish goes over the top, I would agree with that. That said he clearly feels, with good reason, that Lambert is the wrong man to have in charge to get us out of this league. That's why he keeps making the point. Ignore him if you find it tedious, I can understand why it might grate.

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:19 - Aug 29 with 732 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:16 - Aug 29 by WD19

You do realise that if Lambert goes we are allowed to replace him? We don’t have to make do with the kit man or a training cone because we are in a transfer window type situation.

Evans would have to cough up millions to get rid. Do you think that is going to happen?
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:20 - Aug 29 with 726 viewsHerbivore

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:19 - Aug 29 by IpswichBoyBlue

Evans would have to cough up millions to get rid. Do you think that is going to happen?

It won't be millions. It'll be a decent sum but not millions.

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:21 - Aug 29 with 723 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:18 - Aug 29 by Herbivore

Bluefish goes over the top, I would agree with that. That said he clearly feels, with good reason, that Lambert is the wrong man to have in charge to get us out of this league. That's why he keeps making the point. Ignore him if you find it tedious, I can understand why it might grate.

I won't put anybody on ignore. He is entitled to think and say what he likes, just don't see what good it does?
Login to get fewer ads

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:22 - Aug 29 with 718 viewsChrisd

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:17 - Aug 29 by Herbivore

He's been here nearly 2 years and didn't seem like he learnt much between his first and second seasons here. I just don't see a shred of evidence that he's capable of making this work. I hope I'm wrong.

The difference is the way last season ended due to Covid. He's had a very lucky escape because it looked inevitable he was getting sacked, but he's had a reprieve. But can a leopard change their spots? That's why I'm looking forward to seeing how he adapts, because he needs to change for the sake of his career here at Ipswich and he's managerial career and kudos long term.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:23 - Aug 29 with 717 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:20 - Aug 29 by Herbivore

It won't be millions. It'll be a decent sum but not millions.

Evans would have to pay up his contract and then entice another manager here. It will cost millions.
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:26 - Aug 29 with 712 viewsHerbivore

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:21 - Aug 29 by IpswichBoyBlue

I won't put anybody on ignore. He is entitled to think and say what he likes, just don't see what good it does?

He's entitled to express his view. You don't have to read it, you don't have to put him on ignore either.

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:28 - Aug 29 with 709 viewsHerbivore

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:22 - Aug 29 by Chrisd

The difference is the way last season ended due to Covid. He's had a very lucky escape because it looked inevitable he was getting sacked, but he's had a reprieve. But can a leopard change their spots? That's why I'm looking forward to seeing how he adapts, because he needs to change for the sake of his career here at Ipswich and he's managerial career and kudos long term.

I don't see how the way the season ended makes a difference. Things didn't work in his first season here but he didn't learn from that and had a really poor second season. I don't know what makes you think that Covid will now make him capable of learning from his mistakes. I hope he does but I'm seeing very little to hang my hat on that he's capable of doing so.

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:30 - Aug 29 with 703 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:26 - Aug 29 by Herbivore

He's entitled to express his view. You don't have to read it, you don't have to put him on ignore either.

I don't know how many times I need to say it. He can say it as many times as he likes, doesn't bother me. Just don't see how it helps. I sent Bluefish a pm of support yesterday, I have no problem with him or anybody else on here. I just don't see how it helps the club, that is all.
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:31 - Aug 29 with 702 viewsHerbivore

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:23 - Aug 29 by IpswichBoyBlue

Evans would have to pay up his contract and then entice another manager here. It will cost millions.

He won't have to pay up his entire contract. Phil has said as much and common sense tells you that no owner would give a manager a 5 year deal that can't be ended early without paying up the whole contract.

Any manager we bring in will likely be on a lower wage than Lambert. I seem to recall it being reported last season that he was the highest paid manager in the league, despite being one of the worst (if not the worst). It will cost us to get rid of him of course, but not millions.

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:32 - Aug 29 with 698 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:26 - Aug 29 by Herbivore

"Ignore him if you find it tedious, I can understand why it might grate." Your words, not mine.
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:32 - Aug 29 with 697 viewsHerbivore

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:30 - Aug 29 by IpswichBoyBlue

I don't know how many times I need to say it. He can say it as many times as he likes, doesn't bother me. Just don't see how it helps. I sent Bluefish a pm of support yesterday, I have no problem with him or anybody else on here. I just don't see how it helps the club, that is all.

Nothing any of us says on here helps or hinders the club imo. I don't think Lambert is logging on here everyday to see what Bluefish thinks of him.

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:33 - Aug 29 with 696 viewsHerbivore

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:32 - Aug 29 by IpswichBoyBlue

"Ignore him if you find it tedious, I can understand why it might grate." Your words, not mine.

You do know you can ignore people without putting them on ignore, right? You just ignore them. It's easy.

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:34 - Aug 29 with 692 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:33 - Aug 29 by Herbivore

You do know you can ignore people without putting them on ignore, right? You just ignore them. It's easy.

I'll give it a try. Not with Bluefish though.
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:37 - Aug 29 with 686 viewsHerbivore

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:34 - Aug 29 by IpswichBoyBlue

I'll give it a try. Not with Bluefish though.

Good stuff.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024