Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My main issues with a PRP team 16:59 - Sep 13 with 5963 viewsBluefish

The thing that had been here throughout has been the ability to connect the lines, moving from defence to midfield to attack in a seamless way. His sides have always been happy keeping the ball in the midfield line but it doesn't move forward well enough to join the lines to the attack. After today this is still apparent for a couple of reasons.

The target man making it stick - i missed most of the 1st half today getting back from my son's match so hard to comment on Drinan today but in the BR game he was also guilty of this. Norwood is a funny one, he is a sh*thouse type striker but he wants to roam. This means he is often found wide when we need someone in the middle to make the ball stick and then feed in the runners on either side. If the play isn't central we lose options to stretch teams, it is easier to contain teams if they can't switch and link left and right through the central player.

The dynamic links - judge and sears are tidy footballers but they are not dynamic players that cross those positional lines unexpectedly at the blink of an eye. They are both players to put a foot on the ball and look to keep possession. For me we need players that we drop a shoulder and be gone, Bishop does this so well without a great deal of pace but that unit should all do it. I would like to see us abandon the safe today judge and sears and make our unit 3 from dobra Bishop el mizouni and lankester.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

My main issues with a PRP team on 18:43 - Sep 14 with 299 viewsTerry_Nutkins

My main issues with a PRP team on 18:32 - Sep 14 by Bluefish

It was the complete lack of self awareness that you jump on every remotely against PRP meaning you might well have you own history and baggage. At least I admit I am one end of the spectrum , you think you are the middle which is hilarious. Hence the gift that keeps on giving

I don't think BB lacks self awareness. It's just a high degree of frustration. You Jump on anything anti Lambert and even when it isn't there you bring out a critical analysis of a 'PRP team'. As I said bit of it I agree but more from a general analysis of our team rather than directly a PRP team. The timing of your post...really nothing to complain about so there is nothing Anti Lambert going on so you have to create something.

BrixtonBlue generally defends the club rather than Lambert but gets sucked into a big argument and the whole thing goes off on a tangent. Plenty of us have been there. Olive branch thrown and a really sarcy post thrown back in his face. Bit harsh. I think BrixtonBlue generally is fairly down the middle until midway through the argument when the bias on the anti Lambert side has been dished out to extravegent levels of exageration.

Maybe everyone would benefit from a bit of self reflection.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

My main issues with a PRP team on 18:43 - Sep 14 with 298 viewsBrixtonBlue

My main issues with a PRP team on 18:32 - Sep 14 by Bluefish

It was the complete lack of self awareness that you jump on every remotely against PRP meaning you might well have you own history and baggage. At least I admit I am one end of the spectrum , you think you are the middle which is hilarious. Hence the gift that keeps on giving

But this is where you're wrong. I only jump on the extreme stuff. Posters who aren't known for their extreme views posting valid criticism, I'm fine with. I've posted it myself. A couple of examples from myself off the top of my head - I slated Lambert for bringing Bishop on and playing him wide left in a game last season. I also slated him for being too late with substitutions. And I've been critical of the rotation and cancelling games for internationals.

I respect the even-handed posters like Guthers, SB, Terry, Stokie and more. Yourself and Herbs, for example, when you post reasonable stuff it still carries the weight of all your previous rabid stuff. The fact that you call him PR Paul, Shambert etc. makes it hard to take you seriously.

I've had similar accusations to what you've posted here with various managers actually. It's not a Lambert thing. I'm just a bit more patient/appreciative of how big a job this is than some.

I like giving managers time rather than sacking them willy-nilly like Watford and others. I could well be wrong in that, mind.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

My main issues with a PRP team on 09:26 - Feb 10 with 152 viewsBluefish

Nothing changed

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024