Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobra and El Mizouni loan 09:04 - Sep 15 with 2681 viewsITFC_96

Going by the fact we lost to Arsenal U21s with what was a strong team, I think PR Paul underestimates and dismisses U23s football too easily. Some of the teams the U23s play against will be at a higher standard than some L2 teams.

What benefit is there to send them out on loan where there will be worse facilities, and other footballers chopping at their legs to get them injured? No guarantee that L2 teams will even play them either, so they could end up sitting on the bench there too.
Dobra and El Mizouni loan on 10:36 - Sep 15 with 450 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Dobra and El Mizouni loan on 09:56 - Sep 15 by itfcjoe

They've outgrown U23s football, they need to be playing 1st team football - I think for Idris that should be here, but seemingly the management disagrees.

League 2 will be a big test for them, and hopefully something can be sorted

I agree with you Joe but who misses out to let El Miz get the game time he's need. At the moment he is struggling to make the squad let alone the team so we are waiting for injuries to give him a chance. Lambert rates him from how he talks about him. Question mark is whether his application has been enough since his return (I don't think that is the case). More likely it's probably just about making a call about what will progress him best. Few games for us or a spell of back to back games in the right loan move like Cambridge. Pros and cons for sure.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2020 10:37]

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Dobra and El Mizouni loan on 10:58 - Sep 15 with 422 viewsitfcjoe

Dobra and El Mizouni loan on 10:36 - Sep 15 by Terry_Nutkins

I agree with you Joe but who misses out to let El Miz get the game time he's need. At the moment he is struggling to make the squad let alone the team so we are waiting for injuries to give him a chance. Lambert rates him from how he talks about him. Question mark is whether his application has been enough since his return (I don't think that is the case). More likely it's probably just about making a call about what will progress him best. Few games for us or a spell of back to back games in the right loan move like Cambridge. Pros and cons for sure.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2020 10:37]

If you split the team up by position, we effectively have:

1 deeper lying midfielder
2 box to box
2 wingers
1 striker

He can cover either of the box to box or the wide roles so as a sub is a very useful option.

In the box to box role we basically have Bishop, Huws and Nolan to cover those 3 roles, plus hopefully Downes and Judge at a push. Bushop and Huws have poor injury records.

In the wide roles it is Edwards, Sears, Judge and Lankester - Judge and Sears are the wrong side of 30, Lankester hasn't played for 18 months and will be being eased back in

He's really quite close to the team across those positions, especially with 3 game weeks more often than not for the whole season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dobra and El Mizouni loan on 11:03 - Sep 15 with 414 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Dobra and El Mizouni loan on 09:53 - Sep 15 by gordon

The thing with Dobra and El Mizouni is that if they go out on loan and play to their potential they could end up leaving permanently before we even see them play. A well-funded Championship team could easily be tempted at Christmas to take a punt of about £1.5 million with significant add-ons on the back of good performances in League 2, which we would probably then accept.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2020 9:54]

With respect, that seems like crazy logic.

They are well down the pecking order here and unlikely to break into the first team in the next two or three months except for maybe the odd appearance as late subs. Therefore a loan would be the best option and, if they play well enough to attract interest from 'bigger' clubs then so much the better.

We need to improve all of our assets as much as possible. Then, hopefully, keep most of them as we climb the League.

The reality of football is that all clubs, except for the top half dozen clubs in the world, want and need players who are too good for them.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Dobra and El Mizouni loan on 11:35 - Sep 15 with 391 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Dobra and El Mizouni loan on 10:58 - Sep 15 by itfcjoe

If you split the team up by position, we effectively have:

1 deeper lying midfielder
2 box to box
2 wingers
1 striker

He can cover either of the box to box or the wide roles so as a sub is a very useful option.

In the box to box role we basically have Bishop, Huws and Nolan to cover those 3 roles, plus hopefully Downes and Judge at a push. Bushop and Huws have poor injury records.

In the wide roles it is Edwards, Sears, Judge and Lankester - Judge and Sears are the wrong side of 30, Lankester hasn't played for 18 months and will be being eased back in

He's really quite close to the team across those positions, especially with 3 game weeks more often than not for the whole season

I agree. But it still is relying on injuries/fatigue lack of form. I'm basically talking about between now and Jan of course as I wouldn't want any longer loan. 100% pros and cons (and a bit of risk reward). If we don't need him before Jan and get a player with more edge back then great.

I have concerns when injuries hit we could be left without that creative spark in the middle and we've let a really good option go out on loan. The flip side of that he'll be coming into the side undercooked and need some games.

I definitely think sending all 3 out on loan is a bit risky. El Miz is closest to the team. I think getting him some time against Fulham would be a good shout. With Lankaster out for a few days potentially Dobra as well.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Dobra and El Mizouni loan on 19:52 - Sep 15 with 342 viewsdingus

Playing Colchester U23s for our U23s or playing Colchester 1st team for a league two team? I'm going to go with the second option being more beneficial
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024