Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New NHS Covid App... 12:49 - Sep 24 with 5846 viewsitfcjoe

....anyone used it yet?

I had a meeting in a pub at 10am this morning, was one of 3 people in the pub in the meeting (landlord, pubco representative and me) but we had to check in.

Your check in remains until you check in somewhere else, or at midnight that day.

So you can't check out, so I'm effectively now in what becomes a very busy drinkers pub in Brentwood for the rest of the day*

Has anyone had a similar problem as yet, but seems nonsensical that you can't check out of a venue - when app has GPS so can clearly show no longer in that area.

*I stopped in at the gym on way home to just check in elsewhere as thought less risky

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

New NHS Covid App... on 15:03 - Sep 25 with 212 viewshype313

New NHS Covid App... on 22:41 - Sep 24 by N2_Blue

I would have used it but absolutely refuse to use have bluetooth turned on because it kills my phone. I never use bluetooth so would be totally pointless app.

I'd say most in my family turn off bluetooth on their mobile so i just don't see how this app is going to be effective for large swathes of the general population.

Major issues with it in Germany when on train and buses, lots of teething problems.

Also, for it to be affective it needs at least a 60% uptake, in Germany only 22% have it installed, and Singapore, which make it a legal requirement to have it on your phone, there has still only been 25% of the population.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024