Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ladies 19:05 - Oct 11 with 587 viewsFather_Jack

Won 10 - 0.

Good weekend all round then.

Less is more.

Ladies on 21:04 - Oct 11 with 532 viewsuefacup81

I'll confess that l don't know that much about the women's team, and only really see the results, so apologies if this is a stupid question.

How far below their true level do those in the know think they are at the moment?

Surely the fact that they're regularly scoring 5+ suggests they're in far too low a division?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Ladies on 21:11 - Oct 11 with 535 viewsSomethingBlue

Ladies on 21:04 - Oct 11 by uefacup81

I'll confess that l don't know that much about the women's team, and only really see the results, so apologies if this is a stupid question.

How far below their true level do those in the know think they are at the moment?

Surely the fact that they're regularly scoring 5+ suggests they're in far too low a division?

Someone who covers women's football in great depth told me they wouldn't be embarrassed in the second tier as things stand. In a way it feels like a waste of time for this group of players — some of whom will definitely play for England seniors — to be cruising through the fourth tier games every week but on the other hand they are getting a level of care and development that some WSL clubs don't even offer.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 21:13]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Ladies on 21:21 - Oct 11 with 499 viewsWicklowBlue

Ladies on 21:11 - Oct 11 by SomethingBlue

Someone who covers women's football in great depth told me they wouldn't be embarrassed in the second tier as things stand. In a way it feels like a waste of time for this group of players — some of whom will definitely play for England seniors — to be cruising through the fourth tier games every week but on the other hand they are getting a level of care and development that some WSL clubs don't even offer.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 21:13]

I assume the WSL league was cancelled and the league's stayed as was with no promotion or relegation? The men's team would have love to have been in their position!

Awesome to see the Ladies doing so well, we need to get them playing higher up the leagues. Before other big clubs come in....
Ladies on 22:08 - Oct 11 with 469 viewsDurovigutum

I've done some lines (as an AR) at this level and was scheduled for one of their games before lockdown. They should have gone up last season and, like in other leagues across the country, holding them back has created an imbalance, just as stopping others from being relegated has. Cambridge beat Stevenage at the bottom of this league last season, just before lockdown, so are one of the lesser teams. This Ipswich team should reach the championship within two seasons, but like the men's second tier taking the final jump up is a bit harder.
Ladies on 22:10 - Oct 11 with 456 viewsflimflam

Before today they have scored 1, 3 and 4.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024