Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The midfield balance 18:13 - Oct 20 with 640 viewsBluefish

No doubt I will be abused for being negative or anti or whatever you choose but.....

I have talked about this before in previous matches. The midfield is a about balance and Bishop is different to all of our players, when he plays well we play well. I fear taking him out pushes us too far back and especially with no Hawkins means we don't have a hold up player to link and push the game up the field.

Nolan, Huws and Dozzell is too defensive for my liking in that they are now a cdm with 2 x cm opposed to cdm cm and cam

I fear this will expose our lack of hold up play in the front 3 even more

We shall see but I don't expect to create many chances.....unless they are terrible at the back .
[Post edited 20 Oct 2020 18:15]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The midfield balance on 18:18 - Oct 20 with 594 viewsAlexGreen

No need for anyone to dispute this, it wasn't negative or anti.

I think the issue is that we need to be so so careful with Bishop still and he's playing a lot at the moment, more than he has in years.

What an option to bring him and Hawkins off the bench if we need it, which, you're right, we probably will at some stage.

I'm (still) hopeful that Huws is going to grow into the all-action midfielder he looked to be pre injuries

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

The midfield balance on 18:18 - Oct 20 with 589 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It would be great to play Bishop all game every game, but he does need to be wrapped up in cotton wool occasionally.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The issue is that there isn't a natural.... on 18:19 - Oct 20 with 584 viewsBloots

....ball carrier in that 3.

Huws has been fairly disappointing since he came back into the team to be honest, Nolan needs to add the attacking impetus from midfield.

My concern is whether Judge starts through the middle again, surely he cant.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

The midfield balance on 18:19 - Oct 20 with 581 viewsEricsGate

Perhaps we should play Edwards in the centre?

Poll: Positive or Negative towards Paul Cook..,?

The midfield balance on 18:19 - Oct 20 with 579 viewsgordon

Yes, agreed, particularly when Judge starts dropping into the centre circle to get some touches in easy areas too, you'll have the four of them all getting in each others way, with limited options in front of them when they get on the ball and get their heads up.
The issue is that there isn't a natural.... on 18:20 - Oct 20 with 568 viewsSwansea_Blue

The issue is that there isn't a natural.... on 18:19 - Oct 20 by Bloots

....ball carrier in that 3.

Huws has been fairly disappointing since he came back into the team to be honest, Nolan needs to add the attacking impetus from midfield.

My concern is whether Judge starts through the middle again, surely he cant.

Yep. That's what Teddy brings, but then if we're trying to stop him going snap again, what's the alternative?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The midfield balance on 18:21 - Oct 20 with 562 viewsBluefish

The midfield balance on 18:18 - Oct 20 by AlexGreen

No need for anyone to dispute this, it wasn't negative or anti.

I think the issue is that we need to be so so careful with Bishop still and he's playing a lot at the moment, more than he has in years.

What an option to bring him and Hawkins off the bench if we need it, which, you're right, we probably will at some stage.

I'm (still) hopeful that Huws is going to grow into the all-action midfielder he looked to be pre injuries

I would like to have kept idris as the replacement but without bish I would play judge there instead of Nolan

The midfield balance on 18:22 - Oct 20 with 548 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

You have called this right. Can't see us creating much with that 3. Lambert obviously hoping to catch them on the counter. Bishop can't play every game unfortunately. This is when we see how strong/weak the squad is. I will go for a 2-0 win though.
Login to get fewer ads

Put Judge in there......? on 18:25 - Oct 20 with 511 viewsBloots

The issue is that there isn't a natural.... on 18:20 - Oct 20 by Swansea_Blue

Yep. That's what Teddy brings, but then if we're trying to stop him going snap again, what's the alternative?

....then we could actually play an attacking option in the front 3, like Lankester, or Hawkins.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

The midfield balance on 18:26 - Oct 20 with 501 viewsBluefish

The midfield balance on 18:21 - Oct 20 by Bluefish

I would like to have kept idris as the replacement but without bish I would play judge there instead of Nolan

We also have Lankester that can play that role and dobra. Both of these will make us more attacking. Bennetts could be important tonight if used to give us a threat

Put Judge in there......? on 18:28 - Oct 20 with 483 viewsBluefish

Put Judge in there......? on 18:25 - Oct 20 by Bloots

....then we could actually play an attacking option in the front 3, like Lankester, or Hawkins.

Correct or put lankester in there and leave judge to not have a position like normal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024