Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the scariest film you've ever seen? 09:08 - Oct 29 with 3762 viewsurbanblue

Following on from Badger's post yesterday, and with Halloween coming up has there been a film that you have found really scary? I don't mean horror or gore but frightening.

For me it has to be ... at the time ... 'The Exorcist'. Brilliant film that I found genuinely frightening and left me with a feeling of dread and impending doom for days afterwards.

Honorable mention for 'Rosemary's Baby'. The mood of that one was chilling.

I don't watch a lot of Horror but recently watched 'Hereditary' after reading good reviews. Definitively has it's moments.

Oh, and let me get 'Ipswich Town FC Season 18/19 review' out of the way now. I'm sure we have all had nightmares over that one!

[Post edited 29 Oct 2020 9:22]
What's the scariest film you've ever seen? on 22:45 - Oct 29 with 445 viewsKropotkin123

I know this is meant to be personal, but you're all wrong.

Scariest film ever made is Watership Down. For the intended age range it is just unreal. The destruction, the evil rabbit, the traps, the crazy bird, the blood, the absence of soft drawing, the plot. I had nightmares for a week. Every time I was shutting my eyes before bed, I was hoping not to see the eyes of the evil rabbit.

Not many films scare me nowadays, but I liked The Witch - https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_witch_2016. A marmite movie though.

Also really like Cabin in the Woods. You think it is going to be like every other film of that type but smashes it. - https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_cabin_in_the_woods

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

What's the scariest film you've ever seen? on 00:32 - Oct 30 with 404 viewsDinDjarin

Not sure how scary it is now but The Evil Dead freaked me out when I was about 14.

Also Nightmare On Elm Street.

Both probably naff now.

More recently Saw disturbed me more than scared me but guess that was the point.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2020 0:53]
What's the scariest film you've ever seen? on 00:44 - Oct 30 with 399 viewsjeera

What's the scariest film you've ever seen? on 00:32 - Oct 30 by DinDjarin

Not sure how scary it is now but The Evil Dead freaked me out when I was about 14.

Also Nightmare On Elm Street.

Both probably naff now.

More recently Saw disturbed me more than scared me but guess that was the point.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2020 0:53]

I only saw Nightmare on Elm St once and it was when I was 20.

I specifically remember because the girl was playing a 14 y/o and she and the others had been through hell, when she looked in a mirror and announced, "Oh my God, I look 20!"

I remember feeling old at the time she said it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What's the scariest film you've ever seen? on 00:53 - Oct 30 with 395 viewsDinDjarin

What's the scariest film you've ever seen? on 00:44 - Oct 30 by jeera

I only saw Nightmare on Elm St once and it was when I was 20.

I specifically remember because the girl was playing a 14 y/o and she and the others had been through hell, when she looked in a mirror and announced, "Oh my God, I look 20!"

I remember feeling old at the time she said it.

Oh to be 20 again.....
What's the scariest film you've ever seen? on 06:11 - Oct 30 with 356 viewsurbanblue

What's the scariest film you've ever seen? on 21:00 - Oct 29 by marchy

Horror film recommendation by baxterbasics 2 Jul 2019 2:53
I just saw a creepy hidden gem of a film. Currently on iPlayer (but not for much longer) and Amazon: The Borderlands

It’s a ‘found footage’ but head and shoulders above most of the genre. Has a few cheap scares but is mostly about a slow ratcheting up of the tension and dread. You don’t know exactly where it is going until the final gut-punch reveal, which is now playing on my mind and robbing me of sleep (hence why I am posting at 2:45am). After watching I found Mark Kermode's review, he said he almost had to leave because it was too much and he’s a horror veteran.

Go check it out.

baxterbasics wasn't wrong, this one's a handful. I always quite liked the concept of found-footage but so many films seemed to make a mess of it. This one does a good job of it, keeps wrong-footing you throughout by mixing and matching funny dialogue with a really creepy atmosphere...then just drops your jaw towards the end.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2020 21:01]

Over time I'm going to watch some of the films I haven't seen that are mentioned on this thread and have had trouble finding 'The Borderlands'. However, I have just found out that in a number of countries it's been renamed 'Final Prayer'

Just to save anyone else looking a bit of time.
What's the scariest film you've ever seen? on 08:26 - Oct 30 with 327 viewsKnightZ_87

*The Entity
*Exorcist 3 (one moment especially and very dark tone)
*Cannibal Holocaust (shock value)
*Sinister (first half of film anyway)
*Salems Lot
*Killing of America (dark documentary film)
*10 Rillington Place (Dickie Attenborough got under my skin)
*Threads
*Black Christmas (1974)
*The Comeback (Dir Pete Walker - Had its moments for me)

"The flying dutchman in stoppage time, sends Ipswich soaring to the Premiership!"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024