Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Live music... 22:56 - Nov 6 with 435 viewsBlueastheycome

Christ alive I miss it. It almost feels like a sensory deprivation. Sadly, I see no signs of it changing anytime soon either.

The atmosphere. The sound. the escapism. It is what it is I know but everything about it I miss. Gigs/concerts I can’t see ever going back to the way they use to be either in the ‘new normal’.
Live music... on 23:34 - Nov 6 with 389 viewsmonytowbray

Feeling that. It’s weird as Lockdown 2 is no change for me and I’m still in the same boat. Pub for the sake of the pub is a long dead appeal to me now (especially as I’m almost a year booze free), only time I’d really go out to a “thing” was for gigs.

Smokehouse did a decent Punk stream on Saturday and we had a little Zoom going between us but wasn’t the same.

Here’s a thing that may cheer you up, talk about who you can’t wait to see live when this is all over! For me I am well up for Slam Dunk for Movements/Free Throw and 2000 Trees for Jimmy Eat World/Gatherers next year. But can’t wait to get to a decent Uncomfortable Beach Party night watching mate’s bands play sloppy in tiny rooms again :)

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Live music... on 23:40 - Nov 6 with 378 viewsOldsmoker

It needs to be electric.
A sustained power chord will do.
Music to my veins.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Live music... on 23:47 - Nov 6 with 373 viewsBlueastheycome

Live music... on 23:34 - Nov 6 by monytowbray

Feeling that. It’s weird as Lockdown 2 is no change for me and I’m still in the same boat. Pub for the sake of the pub is a long dead appeal to me now (especially as I’m almost a year booze free), only time I’d really go out to a “thing” was for gigs.

Smokehouse did a decent Punk stream on Saturday and we had a little Zoom going between us but wasn’t the same.

Here’s a thing that may cheer you up, talk about who you can’t wait to see live when this is all over! For me I am well up for Slam Dunk for Movements/Free Throw and 2000 Trees for Jimmy Eat World/Gatherers next year. But can’t wait to get to a decent Uncomfortable Beach Party night watching mate’s bands play sloppy in tiny rooms again :)

That’s a good topic you have proposed: who would I like to see when this is all over

The Wu-tang were due to play Boomtown festival this year which I had tickets for... they may be playing Boomtown next year if all is well (probably won’t be well)

Enter Shikari still have tickets available for Middlesbrough town hall (or a venue of that ilk) in 2021.. would happily travel up north to see them again all being well

RATM at Reading.. My own mortality and age is forcing upon me that my best festival days are behind me now (I turn 30 next year) my last festival being Download in 2017 where I saw Prophets of Rage. if RATM rescheduled for next year I would buy a day ticket as my sister lives nearby in Reading so I can crash there. Would love to tick them off.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2020 23:52]
Live music... on 00:02 - Nov 7 with 362 viewsSpruceMoose

Every time I've had a refund hit my bank because of a cancelled gig this year has been like a knife in the heart!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Live music... on 00:07 - Nov 7 with 354 viewsBlueBadger

Live music... on 00:02 - Nov 7 by SpruceMoose

Every time I've had a refund hit my bank because of a cancelled gig this year has been like a knife in the heart!

Alright Sprucey, how's the day in upturned obese turtle-land been?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Live music... on 00:17 - Nov 7 with 350 viewsSpruceMoose

Live music... on 00:07 - Nov 7 by BlueBadger

Alright Sprucey, how's the day in upturned obese turtle-land been?

What's a day? I measure time by the whisky bottle emptying and the number of votes counted in Nevada now.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 0:18]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Live music... on 00:27 - Nov 7 with 341 viewsBlueBadger

Live music... on 00:17 - Nov 7 by SpruceMoose

What's a day? I measure time by the whisky bottle emptying and the number of votes counted in Nevada now.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 0:18]

I am really quite enjoying how, Fox aside, the US media has finally gone 'you know what, we are DONE with his bullsh1t' and no f*cks are given now. Stopping broadcasting 1 minute into a 17 minute rant because of the amount of lies needing fact-checked was something else.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Live music... on 00:29 - Nov 7 with 340 viewsSpruceMoose

Live music... on 00:27 - Nov 7 by BlueBadger

I am really quite enjoying how, Fox aside, the US media has finally gone 'you know what, we are DONE with his bullsh1t' and no f*cks are given now. Stopping broadcasting 1 minute into a 17 minute rant because of the amount of lies needing fact-checked was something else.

Yep, the longer this goes on the more the media gives credibility to the ridiculous claim that there is something nefarious going on here.

They don't care really, they're just milking it for ratings.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024