Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni 20:27 - Dec 5 with 1399 viewsCokeIsKey

And although he was only on for a few minutes thought he was very good - provided the assist and seems to just glide through players when he gets on the ball.

One interesting thing to note is that he was almost being used as a DM and appeared more bulky / strong than when we had him - almost seems like the player Huws could’ve become. Really wouldn’t be surprised if Lambert wants to recall him come January.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2020 20:27]

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni on 20:34 - Dec 5 with 1319 viewsOldsmoker

Thanks for the info. He hasn't lost his magic then.
I trust a TWTDer like yourself more than some journo.
We're definitely missing Downes so a DM would be welcome.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni on 20:42 - Dec 5 with 1268 viewsWestover

When ever I've looked it seems he's not getting much time on the pitch I would think Dobra has had as much game time, I would get him back if possible.
Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni on 20:51 - Dec 5 with 1225 viewsBloomBlue

What's the general feeling on why he isnt starting games, ie the style they play, the other players are doing really well and you don't change a winning team, he's taken time to get fully match fit?
Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni on 20:57 - Dec 5 with 1192 viewsCokeIsKey

Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni on 20:51 - Dec 5 by BloomBlue

What's the general feeling on why he isnt starting games, ie the style they play, the other players are doing really well and you don't change a winning team, he's taken time to get fully match fit?

Haven’t watched any of his other games so hard to tell, but it does seem to be those factors - or perhaps Bonner just wants to develop his own players instead of ours.

Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni on 21:02 - Dec 5 with 1160 viewsBiGDonnie

Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni on 20:34 - Dec 5 by Oldsmoker

Thanks for the info. He hasn't lost his magic then.
I trust a TWTDer like yourself more than some journo.
We're definitely missing Downes so a DM would be welcome.

I don’t with a username like that!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni on 21:06 - Dec 5 with 1140 viewsOldsmoker

Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni on 21:02 - Dec 5 by BiGDonnie

I don’t with a username like that!

He could be referring to Cheryl Cole.
She could open my door anytime.
She'd run away when she saw me but she'd have made an old man very happy.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni on 21:15 - Dec 5 with 1104 viewsitfcjoe

Thought at the time, and still subsequently, we should have kept him - he could play any of the 3 midfield roles and either of the 2 wide roles - his versatility could have reallly helped us

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni on 21:16 - Dec 5 with 1099 viewsBloomBlue

Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni on 20:57 - Dec 5 by CokeIsKey

Haven’t watched any of his other games so hard to tell, but it does seem to be those factors - or perhaps Bonner just wants to develop his own players instead of ours.

Thanks, hopefully he'll start a few games soon
Login to get fewer ads

Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni on 21:21 - Dec 5 with 1077 viewslongtimefan

Was the game just turn up on the day with no ballot?
Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni on 21:38 - Dec 5 with 1007 viewsCokeIsKey

Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni on 21:21 - Dec 5 by longtimefan

Was the game just turn up on the day with no ballot?

Had to buy them online a day in advance.

Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni on 22:34 - Dec 5 with 904 viewsPortman_Pie

At the beginning of the season - I was championing El Mizouni for a really integral role throughout. I was genuinely excited that both him and Dobra would be two staring players this season on our way to auto promotion..

Shambert had other ideas. That would involve playing a nice fluid attacking formation.

It was interesting to see how Cambridge unveiled Idris as a ‘landmark’ signing, much like the Williams impact when he arrived for his second stint on loan with us some time ago.

Hope on both was quickly extinguished with Shamberts religiously crap tactics. Shame.
Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni on 23:09 - Dec 5 with 818 viewsZacak

Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni on 21:15 - Dec 5 by itfcjoe

Thought at the time, and still subsequently, we should have kept him - he could play any of the 3 midfield roles and either of the 2 wide roles - his versatility could have reallly helped us

Yes but you can surely understand the thinking that he'd play more regularly at Cambridge which in the long term would benefit us? Hasn't worked out like that but is a logical idea no?
Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni on 23:33 - Dec 5 with 763 viewsRocky

Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni on 21:15 - Dec 5 by itfcjoe

Yes, hard to understand the logic of sending such a promising player out on loan when - as usually turns out - injuries then disrupt the team. If it was up to Lambert, Dobra would also have left us on loan.
What would have been the sense of Dobra and El Mizouni leaving?
We have to stick to spending limits, so one of the few advantages we had was excellent young back-up players.
Why give that advantage away?
Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni on 00:41 - Dec 6 with 705 viewsZacak

Went to the Cambridge game today and saw El Mizouni on 23:33 - Dec 5 by Rocky

Yes, hard to understand the logic of sending such a promising player out on loan when - as usually turns out - injuries then disrupt the team. If it was up to Lambert, Dobra would also have left us on loan.
What would have been the sense of Dobra and El Mizouni leaving?
We have to stick to spending limits, so one of the few advantages we had was excellent young back-up players.
Why give that advantage away?

It's not giving up an advantage. We bemoan improving other teams players. Those clubs send them on loan to us in the belief they will play at a higher level of football on a regular basis. We do the same. Surely in the long run it is more beneficial for the player to play regularly as long as the level is more challenging than u23's. Short term pain for long term gain?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024