Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... 10:25 - Dec 11 with 1267 viewsEwan_Oozami

Checked junk/spam, etc, folders...nothing..

Will check tickets site after 11 to see if I have an option to select a seat for the Burton game..

If not, will phone the ticket office to check..

I don't mind if I've been unsuccessful in both ballots, that's the way the numbers go sometimes - just wish the club had the courtesy to let me know - because if I had been successful and I didn't know and didn't select a ticket when I could have done, I will miss out on the next ballots.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 10:35 - Dec 11 with 1214 viewsSouperJim

Check that your account on the club site (and possibly separately on the tickets section?) has your correct email address listed.

If it does, there is also the remote possibility that a spam filter on your incoming email server could be snagging up the email before it even reaches you... who is your email provider?

I've had a positive email for Portsmouth and a negative one for Burton. So it does appear to be working as intended in my case using my gmail address.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 10:36]

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 10:46 - Dec 11 with 1194 viewsEwan_Oozami

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 10:35 - Dec 11 by SouperJim

Check that your account on the club site (and possibly separately on the tickets section?) has your correct email address listed.

If it does, there is also the remote possibility that a spam filter on your incoming email server could be snagging up the email before it even reaches you... who is your email provider?

I've had a positive email for Portsmouth and a negative one for Burton. So it does appear to be working as intended in my case using my gmail address.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 10:36]

Thanks SJ!

It's my work email address, which the ticket office have had for years and been using to acknowledge previous purchases successfully.

In fact I have the email acknowledging that I had "purchased" the two ballot entries - and even if an email does get refused by our mail servers, I normally get a notification that it has been held up by the relevant filters and did I wish to preview it?

So, I'm presuming that:
a) the club missed my ballot applications for some reason (which were done the day applications opened) and never put them into the selection process in the first place, hence why I didn't get a mail at all,
or
b) the club did enter my applications, and results came out but there was a problem sending out the email.

In any case I have the email confirming the purchase so they can't say I didn't apply - apart from everything else that's gone on at the club, this could be the final straw that does it for me - I don't know how many others are in the same position but it would be interesting to find out if at all possible!

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 10:48 - Dec 11 with 1161 viewsSouperJim

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 10:46 - Dec 11 by Ewan_Oozami

Thanks SJ!

It's my work email address, which the ticket office have had for years and been using to acknowledge previous purchases successfully.

In fact I have the email acknowledging that I had "purchased" the two ballot entries - and even if an email does get refused by our mail servers, I normally get a notification that it has been held up by the relevant filters and did I wish to preview it?

So, I'm presuming that:
a) the club missed my ballot applications for some reason (which were done the day applications opened) and never put them into the selection process in the first place, hence why I didn't get a mail at all,
or
b) the club did enter my applications, and results came out but there was a problem sending out the email.

In any case I have the email confirming the purchase so they can't say I didn't apply - apart from everything else that's gone on at the club, this could be the final straw that does it for me - I don't know how many others are in the same position but it would be interesting to find out if at all possible!

Well that's bizarre, if you have confirmation that you've applied then you deffo should have notice of success/failure. Does sound like you have little option but to pick up the phone, hopefully they can look you up and tell you?

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 10:54 - Dec 11 with 1183 viewsEwan_Oozami

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 10:48 - Dec 11 by SouperJim

Well that's bizarre, if you have confirmation that you've applied then you deffo should have notice of success/failure. Does sound like you have little option but to pick up the phone, hopefully they can look you up and tell you?

Yep, that's the plan!

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 11:28 - Dec 11 with 1131 viewsLeistonBlue

I’ve had exactly the same - didn’t apply for Pompey game but applied for Burton (and have the email confirmation to prove that I did) but haven’t head anything. Have checked my spam etc but definitely nothing there. Will ring the ticket office when I get the time.
Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 11:51 - Dec 11 with 1107 viewsEwan_Oozami

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 11:28 - Dec 11 by LeistonBlue

I’ve had exactly the same - didn’t apply for Pompey game but applied for Burton (and have the email confirmation to prove that I did) but haven’t head anything. Have checked my spam etc but definitely nothing there. Will ring the ticket office when I get the time.

As another poster said on a previous thread - it's worth checking the tickets.itfc.co.uk site to see if you have the option to "Buy" under the Home Tickets/Home Match Tickets section.

I have just checked for myself and I do have the option to "Buy" so I presume I was successful in the ballot for the Burton game!!

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 11:55 - Dec 11 with 1061 viewsSouperJim

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 11:51 - Dec 11 by Ewan_Oozami

As another poster said on a previous thread - it's worth checking the tickets.itfc.co.uk site to see if you have the option to "Buy" under the Home Tickets/Home Match Tickets section.

I have just checked for myself and I do have the option to "Buy" so I presume I was successful in the ballot for the Burton game!!

It does seem to me that the entire ballot process so far has been a bit of a shambles, self-set deadlines repeatedly missed etc. I got pelters from the news comments crew the other day for saying so, but it smacks of another example of ME outsourcing on the cheap. You get what you pay for.

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 12:11 - Dec 11 with 1057 viewsBloomBlue

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 10:46 - Dec 11 by Ewan_Oozami

Thanks SJ!

So, I'm presuming that:
or

Or your work email has a filter setup and it's been changed recently and it doesn't like something in the 'response' email and won't let the emails go beyond that point?
Lots of companies stop external emails based on 'words' or suspicious format, if they don't then they are ******* crazy
Login to get fewer ads

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 12:20 - Dec 11 with 1042 viewsTedbrown

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 11:51 - Dec 11 by Ewan_Oozami

I am in a very similar situation.
Received confirmation of the ballot entry for Portsmouth and Button, but no email saying if successful or not.
Phoned the ticket office, who stated I was unsuccessful.
Asked the reason why I had no email. Apparently there are 2 systems the club run and was told I had requested to opt out of one of these! I did not opt out.
The long delay in ballot results give rise to suspicion. I have no faith or trust in the system. I want it, not only to be fair but seen it to be fair. Stating verbally, it is too easy to hide, if you have not been entered.
Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 12:25 - Dec 11 with 1035 viewsIpswich_Crazy

I haven't heard anything but did a confirmation email that I applied for the Burton ballot, checked on the itfc.co.uk/ticketing and the buy button is greyed out, doe that mean I'm unsuccessful?

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 15:55 - Dec 11 with 959 viewsEwan_Oozami

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 12:25 - Dec 11 by Ipswich_Crazy

I haven't heard anything but did a confirmation email that I applied for the Burton ballot, checked on the itfc.co.uk/ticketing and the buy button is greyed out, doe that mean I'm unsuccessful?

I thin it probably does mean you were unsuccessful - did you apply for Portsmouth as well?

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 16:04 - Dec 11 with 942 viewsEwan_Oozami

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 12:20 - Dec 11 by Tedbrown

I am in a very similar situation.
Received confirmation of the ballot entry for Portsmouth and Button, but no email saying if successful or not.
Phoned the ticket office, who stated I was unsuccessful.
Asked the reason why I had no email. Apparently there are 2 systems the club run and was told I had requested to opt out of one of these! I did not opt out.
The long delay in ballot results give rise to suspicion. I have no faith or trust in the system. I want it, not only to be fair but seen it to be fair. Stating verbally, it is too easy to hide, if you have not been entered.

There are two processes - if you go into your Account details under your tickets.itfc.co.uk profile, there's a Data Protection section and a Preferences section, you need to make sure that in Data Protection, you have checked the box where the club can contact you via email - then in the Preferences section make sure that at least the Receive Updates About Ticketing box is ticked (none of those boxes were ticked in my case and I suspect that's why I didn't get any success/failure emails)

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 16:24 - Dec 11 with 913 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 15:55 - Dec 11 by Ewan_Oozami

I thin it probably does mean you were unsuccessful - did you apply for Portsmouth as well?

I was successful for the Portsmouth game

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 16:37 - Dec 11 with 886 viewsPhilTWTD

Do the club have your up to date email address? Juat thinking of possible issues of that type.

Ignore me, just spotted someone else said the same several hours ago.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 22:08 - Dec 11 with 678 viewsJ2BLUE

Applied for Pompey and Burton ballot tickets - no response from Club at all... on 16:24 - Dec 11 by Ipswich_Crazy

I was successful for the Portsmouth game

Surprised it even let you apply for Burton. You will definitely have been unsuccessful.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024