Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just delved into the News comments 11:38 - Dec 15 with 786 viewshype313

probably best I leave it another year before I go back.

'I hope the boys win big that day and you all look like numpties.

This is so short sighted it is laughable. We are lucky to have a club. Fiscally the club is well managed and before I get the debt going up comment, the debt is purely Marcus’s and when he goes, unless he sells for a chunk he will never see that back. He bank rolls us for millions each year, the young assets are being tied down to long expensive contracts, the academy is starting to produce home grown talent and we have a very experienced back room staff including some old Ipswich greats.

Lambert is not a bad manager. He has a terrible injury list. We had 10 possible first team out fielded starters unavailable the other day. Doesn’t matter what division you are in, that will hurt any team.

I assume that this is being led by those who expect multi million pound buys and Roy of the Rovers storylines. Get real. The club needs the fans to get behind the team not some demonstration.

Gathering people in this current period is poor judgment, though would be giving a wide berth with or without Covid'

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Just delved into the News comments on 11:52 - Dec 15 with 731 viewsDyland

I can accept that viewpoint, until...

"I assume that this is being led by those who expect multi million pound buys and Roy of the Rovers storylines. Get real. The club needs the fans to get behind the team not some demonstration."

A typically tedious and fallacious argument. I expect nothing of the sort and have never scoffed at the money Evans puts in or demanded marquee or "big money" signings or budgets. I do expect some competence from the management though, and I don't expect the owner to double down on his own financial mistakes when our club is at stake. Anyone arguing it isn't "our" club it's his just wind your neck back in please, if that is your position there's no point being anything other than a fair weather fan, and not much point supporting ITFC. Clubs are nothing without the fans. For a little while yet.

Hamgate and the current PR is all a sideshow. I see it's not working as a diversionary tactic, if that was the intention. It's as embarrassing as it is bizarre. Likewise Evans' analysis of the progress being made on the pitch. All very Emperor's New Clothes.

I have sympathy for Lambert on the injury front. Point at Evans' (under)investment on the fitness side of things, this is more an issue than transfer budget. Regardless, Lambert has shown what he does when he has most of the squad fit. It was awful. Inalienable fact. Will he suddenly get better at managing when everyone is fit (if they ever are)? Why would anyone believe that? What on earth has he done to give that hope? Blind hope. King Canute style. Trumpesque.

The stakes are huge for anyone who gives a sh1t about ITFC.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Just delved into the News comments on 12:13 - Dec 15 with 667 viewsusm

Just delved into the News comments on 11:52 - Dec 15 by Dyland

"I assume that this is being led by those who expect multi million pound buys and Roy of the Rovers storylines. Get real. The club needs the fans to get behind the team not some demonstration."

A typically tedious and fallacious argument. I expect nothing of the sort and have never scoffed at the money Evans puts in or demanded marquee or "big money" signings or budgets. I do expect some competence from the management though, and I don't expect the owner to double down on his own financial mistakes when our club is at stake. Anyone arguing it isn't "our" club it's his just wind your neck back in please, if that is your position there's no point being anything other than a fair weather fan, and not much point supporting ITFC. Clubs are nothing without the fans. For a little while yet.

Hamgate and the current PR is all a sideshow. I see it's not working as a diversionary tactic, if that was the intention. It's as embarrassing as it is bizarre. Likewise Evans' analysis of the progress being made on the pitch. All very Emperor's New Clothes.

I have sympathy for Lambert on the injury front. Point at Evans' (under)investment on the fitness side of things, this is more an issue than transfer budget. Regardless, Lambert has shown what he does when he has most of the squad fit. It was awful. Inalienable fact. Will he suddenly get better at managing when everyone is fit (if they ever are)? Why would anyone believe that? What on earth has he done to give that hope? Blind hope. King Canute style. Trumpesque.

Well said, YFI.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Just delved into the News comments on 12:15 - Dec 15 with 664 viewsjeera

Yeah I saw those. Heck knows where some of them have been and what they think they've been witnessing.

This is why the forum is not necessarily representative of all fans.

When you see that stuff on there the mind boggles though.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Just delved into the News comments on 12:19 - Dec 15 with 650 viewshomer_123

Just delved into the News comments on 12:15 - Dec 15 by jeera

Yeah I saw those. Heck knows where some of them have been and what they think they've been witnessing.

This is why the forum is not necessarily representative of all fans.

When you see that stuff on there the mind boggles though.

This forum isn't representative of the wider ITFC fanbase as it is somewhat self selecting.

That said, I'd say on the current issue of ownership and management - there is a far wider general consensus of agreement that change is needed.

For all the years I have frequented this forum - I'd suggest this is the closest we've come to everyone agreeing on something! Which I do believe does represent where the majority of ITFCs views sit.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Just delved into the News comments on 12:22 - Dec 15 with 628 viewsRyorry

Just delved into the News comments on 11:52 - Dec 15 by Dyland

Quite. The news comment referred to also ignores the rather huge fundamental issue of *why* we're getting so many injuries, esp long term ones that don't rehabilitate but suddenly find miraculous cures as soon as they're transferred.

Club management deal with that by Lambert having a row with our fitness coach Henry, whereupon Henry leaves to go home to Scotland, from where he's expected to fulfil the role whilst working from home! 🤣 And ME states he's not going to replace him

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just delved into the News comments on 12:34 - Dec 15 with 583 viewsDyland

Just delved into the News comments on 12:13 - Dec 15 by usm

Well said, YFI.

ysffc x

It's scandalous on 12:36 - Dec 15 with 579 viewsDyland

Just delved into the News comments on 12:22 - Dec 15 by Ryorry

Quite. The news comment referred to also ignores the rather huge fundamental issue of *why* we're getting so many injuries, esp long term ones that don't rehabilitate but suddenly find miraculous cures as soon as they're transferred.

Club management deal with that by Lambert having a row with our fitness coach Henry, whereupon Henry leaves to go home to Scotland, from where he's expected to fulfil the role whilst working from home! 🤣 And ME states he's not going to replace him

Don't the players' agents or PFA or whoever ask questions?

We are beyond tin pot, Marcus Evans. Please sort it out.

Just delved into the News comments on 12:51 - Dec 15 with 541 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Stay away from them.

You're effectively subjecting yourself to trolling.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024