Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump making sure he does as much damage as possible before he leaves 12:41 - Jan 7 with 564 viewsStokieBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/jan/05/trump-arctic-national-wildli

There is just no need to for this, the US is still a wealthy and advanced nation and could easily focus on directed solar energy, solar panels on homes and wind farm projects.

Could also remove the tax breaks on the stupid 7 litre pickups which clearly very few people actually need.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Trump making sure he does as much damage as possible before he leaves on 13:02 - Jan 7 with 486 viewsDarth_Koont

Depressing.

Not entirely sure it’s a wise idea to pursue impeachment but if it can distract Trump enough over the next couple of weeks, it might focus his spoilt child antics and stop him trying to push through his worst legislation and executive orders.

Pronouns: He/Him

Trump making sure he does as much damage as possible before he leaves on 13:03 - Jan 7 with 488 viewsWD19

The good news was that there was very little interest and none of the big players got involved. An article I read this morning suggested the auction fell pretty much flat on its face.
Trump making sure he does as much damage as possible before he leaves on 13:05 - Jan 7 with 484 viewsElderGrizzly

Having been to Alaska, which is one of the most unspoilt and beautiful locations on earth, this is nothing but environmental vandalism and profiteering for his backers.

You just hope Biden can tie it up in so much red tape it makes it impossible to do anything
Trump making sure he does as much damage as possible before he leaves on 13:06 - Jan 7 with 464 viewsStokieBlue

Trump making sure he does as much damage as possible before he leaves on 13:03 - Jan 7 by WD19

The good news was that there was very little interest and none of the big players got involved. An article I read this morning suggested the auction fell pretty much flat on its face.

That's excellent news.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Trump making sure he does as much damage as possible before he leaves on 13:31 - Jan 7 with 410 viewsSteve_M

Trump making sure he does as much damage as possible before he leaves on 13:03 - Jan 7 by WD19

I hadn't seen that this week but that seemed to be the likelihood a couple of weeks back. When there is plenty of oil for current needs speculative punts on expensive future oil aren't the most productive use of capital* plus I think the energy industry is starting to feel pressure from investors to become greener.

*Rosneft's Artic drilling plans may be an exception here but this is just another kind of nationalist cock waving plus - probably - an opportunity to inflate some of the costs for 'other' bank accounts. Bit of a problem for BP if it goes ahead given its shareholding in Rosneft mind (the environmental side that is).

Edit: because I've just read this:

Just three groups – one of which was an Alaskan state agency – put in bids, raising a grand total of $14.4m. (That is a far cry from the $2.2bn the administration expected to generate from this and a later sale).
[Post edited 7 Jan 2021 14:46]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Trump making sure he does as much damage as possible before he leaves on 13:34 - Jan 7 with 406 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

The existing Alaskan Drilling is only just viable, and that's with the infrastructure already in place. The pipeline is aging rapidly, and will need a lot of investment to keep going long term.

With the abundance of relatively cheap onshore drilling in the US, easy access to licenses, and oil price where it is, I doubt any new drilling in the ANWR will ever come to fruition fortunately.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024