Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? 17:01 - Jan 16 with 2692 viewsITFC_96

Woeful.

Even if we get into play-offs, we will lose the first game.
Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 18:51 - Jan 16 with 441 viewsstiff_talking

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 18:48 - Jan 16 by IpswichKnight

Feck no! Any half competent manager would have us playing far better than this dire rubbish currently being served up.

Peterborough warmed up nicely with a confident 3-0 tonking of MK find I see, I’d love to see us score 3 at home.... won’t happen until that fraud and his gang of acolytes are sacked though.

No, but only because of the tactics

Too much emphasis on playing static wingers that are not a goal threat

We are too predictable and easy to shut out

We will not score enough goals to be promoted.
Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 18:54 - Jan 16 with 438 viewsazuremerlangus

I cannot see us making the top 2 - that would take a massive run of good form.

Reaching the play-offs is more realistic but still you have to be an optimist to take that view. Getting through them is another discussion.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 19:00 - Jan 16 with 420 viewsChurchman

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:59 - Jan 16 by bluefunk

Why not? Inconsistent league, not yet halfway through, we have almost a complete first team coming back from injury, so we are likely to play better in the coming months, still in touch despite being poor recently, large enough squad to deal with 2 games a week, we have a decent chance of finishing top 2.

Against that, a manager who has a track record of abject failure since his success up the road.....

Sorry, most of the players are not good enough, the management of them is abject and they’re at a club whose only ambition is to minimise that saviour’s losses one way or another. For any team organised, however poor, they are in the game. Any team organised and with a modicum of ability, help yourself. It’s been that way for two and a half seasons. Without change, why should the next two and a half seasons be any different?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 19:05]
Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 19:15 - Jan 16 with 395 viewsbluefunk

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 19:00 - Jan 16 by Churchman

Sorry, most of the players are not good enough, the management of them is abject and they’re at a club whose only ambition is to minimise that saviour’s losses one way or another. For any team organised, however poor, they are in the game. Any team organised and with a modicum of ability, help yourself. It’s been that way for two and a half seasons. Without change, why should the next two and a half seasons be any different?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 19:05]

My point, which could have been better made, is that despite all the negativity, we are still in the hunt. I don’t have confidence in Lambert and his team but the idea that we are somehow completely unlikely to reach the top 2 is, in my view way too pessimistic.

I don’t subscribe to your view of the players, agree about the manager and I’m inclined to believe that Evans wants to be promoted (otherwise why not take any bids for players when they are made) so my conclusion is that we could get promoted, we have a better chance if we had a better manager, but, if you are correct, changing the manager would make no difference whatsoever..
Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 19:20 - Jan 16 with 377 viewsChurchman

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 19:15 - Jan 16 by bluefunk

My point, which could have been better made, is that despite all the negativity, we are still in the hunt. I don’t have confidence in Lambert and his team but the idea that we are somehow completely unlikely to reach the top 2 is, in my view way too pessimistic.

I don’t subscribe to your view of the players, agree about the manager and I’m inclined to believe that Evans wants to be promoted (otherwise why not take any bids for players when they are made) so my conclusion is that we could get promoted, we have a better chance if we had a better manager, but, if you are correct, changing the manager would make no difference whatsoever..

I dearly hope you are right and I’m wrong.
Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 19:22 - Jan 16 with 371 viewsbluefunk

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 19:20 - Jan 16 by Churchman

I dearly hope you are right and I’m wrong.

You should probably factor in that I am an incurable optimist........😉😉
Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 19:27 - Jan 16 with 352 viewsKeno

I you believe that I will become PM, write a best selling Novel that earns me an Oscar when its made into a movie, release a chart topping record, sleep with Jenna Coleman, Emilia Clarke and Lily James, and post something funny on TWTD then yes we might just sneak promotion

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 19:40 - Jan 16 with 329 viewsjeera

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:20 - Jan 16 by lazyblue

Yes, if we continue to get players fit and win and momentum creeps in then why not? All we have to do it get in top six and perhaps we may just beat a top six team (s).

"Yes, if we continue to get players fit and win and momentum creeps in then why not?"

Because by definition you're saying if we become better than we actually are.

As for the play-offs, that's 3 games. Only a side with consistency stands a chance of winning through that route, and if there's one thing we lack in spades, it's that.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024