Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trevor Sinclair hugely misinterpreting the ref incident 11:24 - Feb 17 with 837 viewsGarv

"both players did well to defuse the situation"

Anyone else think this is nonsense and that the likes of Downes and Lankester were ready to have it out with him? It was Northampton who were pulling each party away from each other.

I'm also still confused as to when each player got their yellow and what for? BBC sport says Downes got a straight red, yet he was given a yellow immediately before this, so they seem to think the referee effectively changed his mind. What seems more likely is that Downes was booked during the penalty incident (and again later) and that Judge wasn't booked at all.

All a bit odd.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 11:55]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Trevor Sinclair hugely misinterpreting the ref incident on 11:26 - Feb 17 with 776 viewsSomethingBlue

I hope they defused it, because diffusing it could have led to an almighty pile-on.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Trevor Sinclair hugely misinterpreting the ref incident on 11:30 - Feb 17 with 713 viewsSimonds92

I think he's right and Downes deserves credit because he pulled the ref away from potentially an even worse situation.
Trevor Sinclair hugely misinterpreting the ref incident on 11:55 - Feb 17 with 560 viewsGarv

Trevor Sinclair hugely misinterpreting the ref incident on 11:30 - Feb 17 by Simonds92

I think he's right and Downes deserves credit because he pulled the ref away from potentially an even worse situation.

Downes pushed him in the chest in anger from what I can see.

Trevor Sinclair hugely misinterpreting the ref incident on 11:55 - Feb 17 with 534 viewsGarv

Trevor Sinclair hugely misinterpreting the ref incident on 11:26 - Feb 17 by SomethingBlue

I hope they defused it, because diffusing it could have led to an almighty pile-on.

Thanks!

Trevor Sinclair hugely misinterpreting the ref incident on 12:01 - Feb 17 with 475 viewsbluefunk

The players on both sides stopped the incident from getting worse. Judge, whilst obviously disagreeing with the ref, wasn’t displaying any threatening body language, yet the ref came over and stuck his head right into Judge’s. Had a player done that, then players would be trusting to pull them apart.

That’s what happened, with players from both sides pulling and pushing the ref to get him away from Judge. He brandished a yellow, presumably at Judge for diving, it can have been at Downes otherwise he would have had to book their player too.

From there, it was a short step to taking pleasure in sending off Downes, who really should have known better
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024