Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Article in Telegraph today about our plight 08:37 - Feb 19 with 1142 viewsDublinBlue84

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/02/19/mutinous-fans-hapless-manager-si

Don't need to pay, just sign up for an account and you see a few articles a month free.

Whatever you think about Blue Action, their actions have made the national media sit up and take notice and that is exactly what we need.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 8:38]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Article in Telegraph today about our plight on 08:40 - Feb 19 with 1094 viewsHerbivore

I mentioned this earlier in the week, the nationals rarely give much of a sh1t about what is happening in League 1. The fact that they are shows just how bad things have got here and how unbelievable it is that Lambert is still in a job. More positively, it also shows that despite our demise our name and reputation still means something in the game and those outside the club think we ought to be better than a midtable League 1 side.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Article in Telegraph today about our plight on 08:46 - Feb 19 with 1002 viewsChrisd

Whether you agree with what Blue Action did, it has certainly helped hugely to highlight the club’s plight by creating awareness through the national media rather than just the local one, so a huge plus there. It can’t make comfortable reading for ME, but I suppose you need an owner that gives a toss in the first place?!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Article in Telegraph today about our plight on 08:50 - Feb 19 with 969 viewsTieDyedIn95

This is the kind of attention Marcus Evans needs thrown at him. Like it or not his people read the likes of the Telegraph and will see what a disaster he is making of the football team, it will make them question their investments and contracts with him.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Article in Telegraph today about our plight on 08:55 - Feb 19 with 909 viewsDanTheMan

Article in Telegraph today about our plight on 08:46 - Feb 19 by Chrisd

Whether you agree with what Blue Action did, it has certainly helped hugely to highlight the club’s plight by creating awareness through the national media rather than just the local one, so a huge plus there. It can’t make comfortable reading for ME, but I suppose you need an owner that gives a toss in the first place?!

It's exactly why protests like that work.

Amusingly it wasn't even meant, but it was just controversial enough to make a small point in the national news, which meant other journalists and organisations took a closer look.

Anyone who says they went too far needs their head examining.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Article in Telegraph today about our plight on 08:56 - Feb 19 with 909 viewsitfcjoe

Article in Telegraph today about our plight on 08:40 - Feb 19 by Herbivore

I mentioned this earlier in the week, the nationals rarely give much of a sh1t about what is happening in League 1. The fact that they are shows just how bad things have got here and how unbelievable it is that Lambert is still in a job. More positively, it also shows that despite our demise our name and reputation still means something in the game and those outside the club think we ought to be better than a midtable League 1 side.

Yep, ITFC fans are great at talking down the football club, just like Ipswich residents are great at talking down the town as a whole.

Ipswich, both as a town and a football club has a lot going for it, even if it isn't perfect.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Article in Telegraph today about our plight on 09:36 - Feb 19 with 643 viewsgazzer1999

Article in Telegraph today about our plight on 08:56 - Feb 19 by itfcjoe

Yep, ITFC fans are great at talking down the football club, just like Ipswich residents are great at talking down the town as a whole.

Ipswich, both as a town and a football club has a lot going for it, even if it isn't perfect.

Trouble is Joe just look on this forum both sides and you will see day in day out talking down not just the team, Town and the country. Opinions unfortunately they are like backsides everyone has one.
I guess we are all looking for a spark something to get hold of, to look forward to.
Article in Telegraph today about our plight on 09:51 - Feb 19 with 578 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Article in Telegraph today about our plight on 08:46 - Feb 19 by Chrisd

He made it worse by lieing and tell the national media the BlueAction boys started a fire (and then apologised for it) neither of which happened. The flares smoke stained a bit of the net, not fire damage at all. What sort of club demonizes their own support like that?

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Article in Telegraph today about our plight on 09:55 - Feb 19 with 538 viewsMonkeyAlan

Makes Evans look like a total clown. I wonder what his business associates make of that when they read it. Doesn't make him look very savy does it? But then, we've known that for years now. Nice to see it out in the big wide world at last.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024