Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Americanisms you'll happily take and ones you won't 16:42 - Feb 26 with 3934 viewsbluelagos

Fun thread - given sfa has been signed/agreed.

But...What American sporting thingys would you take - and what would you not?

I'll take:
Tailgate parties - we could turn the car park into a massive prematch pissup with barbqueues going all afternoon.
American service levels in the bars.

No thanks:
Cheer leaders
Kit colour changes
Line dancing - in any format - anywhere near the pitch.
Cow boy hats in Towen colours.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Americanisms you'll happily take and ones you won't on 08:45 - Feb 27 with 259 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Americanisms you'll happily take and ones you won't on 18:30 - Feb 26 by reusersfreekicks

That would be the beginning of the end. Cheerleaders = institututionalised sexism

But not when accompanied by the Sally Army band, surely.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Americanisms you'll happily take and ones you won't on 08:50 - Feb 27 with 254 viewsbluelagos

Americanisms you'll happily take and ones you won't on 08:37 - Feb 27 by theipswichfile

Thank God it wasn't a fever dream!

I do remember them being of all shapes and sizes as I was about two rows back from the pitch and locked in agonising eye contact with one of them whilst my brother barely controlled a snigger.

For me, it was the song choices that were most comical - pretty sure they also bopped to Pump It Up and Sandstorm - classic.

Not as sh1t as I remember them tbf

Americanisms you'll happily take and ones you won't on 08:53 - Feb 27 with 249 viewsbluelagos

Americanisms you'll happily take and ones you won't on 08:50 - Feb 27 by bluelagos

Not as sh1t as I remember them tbf

There's more...

Americanisms you'll happily take and ones you won't on 09:12 - Feb 27 with 229 viewsStuartBrett8

Can we fire rifles in the air at HT and FT?

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

Americanisms you'll happily take and ones you won't on 10:29 - Feb 27 with 213 viewstheipswichfile

Americanisms you'll happily take and ones you won't on 08:53 - Feb 27 by bluelagos

There's more...

TWTD...
Americanisms you'll happily take and ones you won't on 10:33 - Feb 27 with 210 viewsDarth_Koont

Americanisms you'll happily take and ones you won't on 16:55 - Feb 26 by BloomBlue

I'll take
It's called football

No thanks
It's called soccer

Agreed. Although soccer isn’t an Americanism, it’s as British as “rugger” which is equally awful.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024