Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? 09:32 - Mar 29 with 3669 viewsGarv

Is it that people knew it was going to happen, or simply don't care anymore?

Surely the idea of starting him was absolutely mental?

Hamstring done, so that's him out for what, 2-3 weeks? Factor in getting him match fit again, not that he ever was, and how much are we going to see him before the season's end?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 12:02 - Mar 29 with 599 viewsgordon

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 10:43 - Mar 29 by BelsteadCav

I said he’d be injured by half time, and I got moaned at for being negative 🤷🏼‍♂️

Great player, but clearly got fitness issues.

Who knows if he’ll actually play a full game for us

It really isn't the player's fault - there's no way in the world he should've been starting that game.
Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 12:19 - Mar 29 with 579 viewsjayessess

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 10:37 - Mar 29 by Metal_Hacker

Perhaps the injury albeit not surprising as you say should've been picked up playing for the U23's a few more times if it were going to happen as you say

I don't think its a case of "amateur sports scientists" it's a case of "it was always going to happen" as we've seen it umpteen times

Why not run that risk outside an important competitive game ?

For me the season is over anyway and this was always going to happen on Saturday with Kane unfortunately.I think calling others "amateur sports scientists" is a little harsh when all they did and have done is state the obvious surely ?

We don't know what the medical advice was, do we? For all we know the medical team told Cook he was 100% fit and that any risk related to him playing first team football was going to be relatively the same whenever we reintroduced him.

(We've also no idea if the withdrawal on Saturday was also pre-cautionary. Pretty sure it wouldn't have taken much more than him feeling it a little to get him withdrawn)

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 12:22 - Mar 29 with 572 viewsMetal_Hacker

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 12:19 - Mar 29 by jayessess

We don't know what the medical advice was, do we? For all we know the medical team told Cook he was 100% fit and that any risk related to him playing first team football was going to be relatively the same whenever we reintroduced him.

(We've also no idea if the withdrawal on Saturday was also pre-cautionary. Pretty sure it wouldn't have taken much more than him feeling it a little to get him withdrawn)

He shouldn't have started simple as that

Inevitable

Poll: If it were one or the other

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 12:26 - Mar 29 with 560 viewsjayessess

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 12:22 - Mar 29 by Metal_Hacker

He shouldn't have started simple as that

Inevitable

"Simple as that", he says, on the basis of basically zero information or expertise.

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 12:42 - Mar 29 with 536 viewsMetal_Hacker

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 12:26 - Mar 29 by jayessess

"Simple as that", he says, on the basis of basically zero information or expertise.

If we were to have a straw poll as to who was more likely to break down through an injury on SAturday it would have been Kane .That's all I'm saying

It's my opinion amongst others here , he shouldn't have started

It's an opinion and NOT me suggesting I'm a medical expert

Really don't want an argument ffs - see it enough on here . Hindsight is a wonderful but many said so before the team was named

I'll agree to disagree , not sure what on but yeah ok

Poll: If it were one or the other

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 12:47 - Mar 29 with 522 viewsjayessess

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 12:42 - Mar 29 by Metal_Hacker

If we were to have a straw poll as to who was more likely to break down through an injury on SAturday it would have been Kane .That's all I'm saying

It's my opinion amongst others here , he shouldn't have started

It's an opinion and NOT me suggesting I'm a medical expert

Really don't want an argument ffs - see it enough on here . Hindsight is a wonderful but many said so before the team was named

I'll agree to disagree , not sure what on but yeah ok

I guess I'm just saying I'm not in a position to judge what medical advice Cook got.

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 13:04 - Mar 29 with 510 viewsgordon

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 12:47 - Mar 29 by jayessess

I guess I'm just saying I'm not in a position to judge what medical advice Cook got.

It isn't about whether he was fit prior to the game or not, it's that if you've just had 17 months out, then the body is going to be tenser with increased adrenaline etc. if you are rushed back in. That makes a muscle injury more likely.

If you give someone 3 or 4 low-key 20 minute appearances first, they get used to being back in the team without having that build-up of stress / tension / adrenaline, and then when they start a match again they are more relaxed because they've been in the fold for a while.

That's just really bog-standard sports science - KVY would no doubt have appeared fit and well before the game, but 100% shouldn't have started.
Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 13:12 - Mar 29 with 497 viewsPJH

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 12:47 - Mar 29 by jayessess

I would have thought that common sense should have suggested that starting KVY after so little game time was a risk, perhaps it did and it was decided to take the risk anyway.

I don't think anyone needs to be a medical expert to see that there was a risk in playing someone after that length of time, hence very few seem to be surprised that he picked up an injury.
Login to get fewer ads

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 15:25 - Mar 29 with 463 viewsjayessess

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 13:04 - Mar 29 by gordon

It isn't about whether he was fit prior to the game or not, it's that if you've just had 17 months out, then the body is going to be tenser with increased adrenaline etc. if you are rushed back in. That makes a muscle injury more likely.

If you give someone 3 or 4 low-key 20 minute appearances first, they get used to being back in the team without having that build-up of stress / tension / adrenaline, and then when they start a match again they are more relaxed because they've been in the fold for a while.

That's just really bog-standard sports science - KVY would no doubt have appeared fit and well before the game, but 100% shouldn't have started.

Again, I'm not sure why everyone thinks their "common sense" trumps whatever medical advice Cook got. If the docs said he's good to go is Cook supposed to just ignore them and go with his untrained gut?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024