Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drinan. 10:29 - Apr 3 with 2973 viewsirishtim

Is he worth a short term deal? I know not prolific but service is terrible. Looks like he tries his best and is committed. Maybe he could be given a chance?
Drinan. on 12:54 - Apr 3 with 287 viewsjayessess

Drinan. on 12:03 - Apr 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

So you keep Drinan as cover and release the other 3 instead.

Is Drinan happy on Simpson's wages? Will Drinan be a Championship level player when we get there?

I think it is a no-brainer to release Drinan. The question is whether the younger ones are worth keeping. If they are not, we need to get in players of Simpson's age who are better than Simpson and have the potential to make it at the Championship level.

I just can't see how keeping a 23yo with Drinan's record fits with the "fewer numbers, higher quality" plan. We should be consolidating our resources into players we think can make a big impact in this division, not filling out with squad players.

IMO likeliest outcome is that Morris, Drinan and Folami all go, with Simpson going when his contract expires in 2022. We'll almost certainly be looking for a new 4-2-3-1-suited first-choice centre forward, with Norwood and Hawkins as deputies.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 13:02]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Drinan. on 13:10 - Apr 3 with 265 viewsGuthrum

Drinan. on 12:54 - Apr 3 by jayessess

I just can't see how keeping a 23yo with Drinan's record fits with the "fewer numbers, higher quality" plan. We should be consolidating our resources into players we think can make a big impact in this division, not filling out with squad players.

IMO likeliest outcome is that Morris, Drinan and Folami all go, with Simpson going when his contract expires in 2022. We'll almost certainly be looking for a new 4-2-3-1-suited first-choice centre forward, with Norwood and Hawkins as deputies.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 13:02]

I think that second paragraph is most likely what will happen.

As long as we can find one who is both effective at whatever level we're playing and not particularly fragile.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Drinan. on 13:28 - Apr 3 with 248 viewsBlueBadger

Drinan. on 11:08 - Apr 3 by jayessess

We sent Kieffer Moore on loan to this division and he destroyed it.

Trouble is, we weren't playing this division when we did that and when he returned he look no better for us or the Championship club he subsequently signed for.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024