Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6 loan signings and 0 in the team 10:47 - Apr 3 with 1258 viewsBluefish

It is so bizarre considering the size of our squad and the lack of opportunities for the young players
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 10:47]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 10:50 - Apr 3 with 1236 viewsDubtractor

Does make you think that Cook has decided that none of the loanees are great shakes, and that he'd rather work with the players who might be here next season.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 10:58 - Apr 3 with 1192 viewsKeno

Its almost as tho the last manager didn't have a clue what he was doing

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 10:59 - Apr 3 with 1185 viewsBluefish

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 10:50 - Apr 3 by Dubtractor

Does make you think that Cook has decided that none of the loanees are great shakes, and that he'd rather work with the players who might be here next season.

That begs the question though...why play Edwards?

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 11:01 - Apr 3 with 1167 viewspointofblue

Yes, he’s decided none of loanees will be back here next season anyway so what’s the point of giving them a run out, especially when they don’t really improve us.

Of course Matheson and Bennetts are injured and I do have to wonder if the former would be deployed at right back given the chance.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 11:03 - Apr 3 with 1147 viewsjayessess

He's used Bennetts and Parrott a fair bit. Even Harrop off the bench. Matheson's been injured. McGuinness made the bench ahead of Woolfie a couple of times. Wasn't there something about Luke Thomas having off-field troubles?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 11:06 - Apr 3 with 1135 viewsDubtractor

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 10:59 - Apr 3 by Bluefish

That begs the question though...why play Edwards?

I guess, as disappointing as he has been, especially recently, he has still offered more than Bennetts, Harrop and Thomas. He has set an incredibly low bar, but they have still failed to reach it.

Honestly can't remember a more pointless/ineffective set of loan signings as these. I know you'll mention the Quaner group of signings and they are a good shout too!

McGuinness - Actually was OK, but a completely unnecessary signing when we so badly needed a proper full back.
Bennetts - hopeless
Harrop - powderpuff and with no single positive impact in any game yet
Thomas - made Edwards look composed in his handful of appearances.
Parrott - given the reputation he came with I've been really disappointed by how rough around the edges he is. A physical unit for a 19 year old, but lacking in any composure and not that technical.
Matheson - golden debut then a pretty ropey performance against Northampton. The signing actually made sense in some ways, but a player that hadn't even been playing under 23 football was always going to be a risk.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 11:20 - Apr 3 with 1101 viewsBluefish

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 11:06 - Apr 3 by Dubtractor

I guess, as disappointing as he has been, especially recently, he has still offered more than Bennetts, Harrop and Thomas. He has set an incredibly low bar, but they have still failed to reach it.

Honestly can't remember a more pointless/ineffective set of loan signings as these. I know you'll mention the Quaner group of signings and they are a good shout too!

McGuinness - Actually was OK, but a completely unnecessary signing when we so badly needed a proper full back.
Bennetts - hopeless
Parrott - given the reputation he came with I've been really disappointed by how rough around the edges he is. A physical unit for a 19 year old, but lacking in any composure and not that technical.
Matheson - golden debut then a pretty ropey performance against Northampton. The signing actually made sense in some ways, but a player that hadn't even been playing under 23 football was always going to be a risk.

McGuiness- decent enough but pointless signing. We needed a right back or a calming presence

Bennetts - probably the best pick of the bunch for me despite having done very little. He is what a young loanee should be, a player that is raw but could he so much better than you can dream of signing.

Harrop - so meh comes in and just runs around. Offers so little because he struggles to be involved

Thomas - up there with our worst ever. Terrible performances and then disappeared

Parrott - how could he ever be the player needed at his age. So far from being ready, needs to be 10 minute cameos

Matheson - the debut was so overhyped. Was excited for him but needs games

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 11:26 - Apr 3 with 1070 viewsNthsuffolkblue

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 11:06 - Apr 3 by Dubtractor

Bennetts - hopeless

Matheson had been playing regularly in League 1 for Rochdale.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 11:31 - Apr 3 with 1043 viewsDubtractor

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 11:26 - Apr 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

I meant this season - hadn't he apparently only played 20 minutes of under 23 football all season?

He was at Rochdale the season before.

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 11:31 - Apr 3 with 1044 viewspointofblue

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 11:26 - Apr 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

To be fair, he only played 18 games for Rochdale.

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 11:33 - Apr 3 with 1042 viewsDubtractor

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 11:20 - Apr 3 by Bluefish

McGuiness- decent enough but pointless signing. We needed a right back or a calming presence

Bennetts - probably the best pick of the bunch for me despite having done very little. He is what a young loanee should be, a player that is raw but could he so much better than you can dream of signing.

Harrop - so meh comes in and just runs around. Offers so little because he struggles to be involved

Thomas - up there with our worst ever. Terrible performances and then disappeared

Parrott - how could he ever be the player needed at his age. So far from being ready, needs to be 10 minute cameos

Matheson - the debut was so overhyped. Was excited for him but needs games

Yep, looks like we mostly agree.

I do see your point with Bennetts, if disagreeing with the conclusion. He is the one that could have been a Lawrence, a Fraser, a Celina. He has the attributes, but has not come close to the delivery!

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 11:45 - Apr 3 with 1000 viewsNthsuffolkblue

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 11:31 - Apr 3 by Dubtractor

I meant this season - hadn't he apparently only played 20 minutes of under 23 football all season?

He was at Rochdale the season before.

That doesn't change the fact that he had made 23 appearances at this level from the age of 16. On paper he is good enough to be playing as our right back. On paper he was the least odd of these signings. Football is not played on paper, though.

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 12:01 - Apr 3 with 955 viewspointofblue

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 11:45 - Apr 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

That doesn't change the fact that he had made 23 appearances at this level from the age of 16. On paper he is good enough to be playing as our right back. On paper he was the least odd of these signings. Football is not played on paper, though.

Definitely agree that Matheson, and maybe Parrott considering our scoring issues, made sense as signings.

McGuinness - no, bring in a right back or use Donacien
Bennetts - just use Dobra
Thomas - see above
Harrop - we needed a tough ball winner if anything, not another number ten

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 12:12 - Apr 3 with 934 viewsNthsuffolkblue

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 12:01 - Apr 3 by pointofblue

Definitely agree that Matheson, and maybe Parrott considering our scoring issues, made sense as signings.

McGuinness - no, bring in a right back or use Donacien
Bennetts - just use Dobra
Thomas - see above
Harrop - we needed a tough ball winner if anything, not another number ten

But even Parrott didn't answer the scoring issues. Creating maybe but not scoring goals. His record for putting the ball in the net is very poor and was in the Championship before joining us. He had 0 goals in 11 appearances for Millwall.

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 12:14 - Apr 3 with 927 viewspointofblue

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 12:12 - Apr 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

But even Parrott didn't answer the scoring issues. Creating maybe but not scoring goals. His record for putting the ball in the net is very poor and was in the Championship before joining us. He had 0 goals in 11 appearances for Millwall.

I’m sure there was something about Spurs wanting Parrott to be played up front and Millwall playing him out wide. Not that we’ve been much better here.

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 12:23 - Apr 3 with 914 viewschrismakin

The loanee's situation in the squad has been very random

According to a couple on here, Thomas asked to go back to Barnsley under Lambert, the manager who brought him in!

Matheson, appears to have been 'injured' since his debut

Harrop, i'm not quite sure what we've signed there position wise and is he different to any other options?

Parrott, the most frustrating, you can see what he has about him, there was even a mazy run and long shot yesturday, he's definitely not a 10 or a wideman, so I think if PC is going to go with 2 uptop for rest of season, we may see him uptop with Norwood/Jackson which should be parrotts best position.

Bennetts, I do like, and I think PC does too, he's a typical PC type signing actually, direct, loves to get forward, end product not the best, but that's what you get for the price etc, I think we may see him again next season. ( Aware Lambert actually signed him)

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 13:30 - Apr 3 with 831 viewsLeoMuff

6 loan signings and 0 in the team on 12:23 - Apr 3 by chrismakin

The loanee's situation in the squad has been very random

According to a couple on here, Thomas asked to go back to Barnsley under Lambert, the manager who brought him in!

Matheson, appears to have been 'injured' since his debut

Harrop, i'm not quite sure what we've signed there position wise and is he different to any other options?

Parrott, the most frustrating, you can see what he has about him, there was even a mazy run and long shot yesturday, he's definitely not a 10 or a wideman, so I think if PC is going to go with 2 uptop for rest of season, we may see him uptop with Norwood/Jackson which should be parrotts best position.

Bennetts, I do like, and I think PC does too, he's a typical PC type signing actually, direct, loves to get forward, end product not the best, but that's what you get for the price etc, I think we may see him again next season. ( Aware Lambert actually signed him)

Bennetts is an interesting one, if we could get him at a reasonable price I think I would, if we could coach an end product into him would be worth a significant sum. Plenty good enough for league 1 and seems a fit with the formation Cook prefers

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024