Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Chambers 14:07 - Apr 4 with 4413 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

I don’t understand the criticism he receives or why so many hope he leaves at the end of the season. Why are people desperate to get rid of him? I’d like someone to change my opinion on why he needs to go?

He’s 35 and plays every game for 90mins. Barely picks up an injury and plays through any knocks or rare injury too. Our most reliable defender too.

He will know there’s no long term deal for him anywhere, but we’d be silly to let him go. He’s one of the first I’d tie down for next season.

1 year deal with an automatic extension triggered based on hitting x amount of appearances - which he would easily do too.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Luke Chambers on 13:14 - Apr 5 with 266 viewsistanblue

If you can't even understand the criticism that Chambers gets then it's not even worth trying to explain to you.
Luke Chambers on 14:42 - Apr 5 with 235 viewsbraveblue

Luke Chambers on 22:50 - Apr 4 by BlueBadger

You must have a very high opinion of Chambers if you think that he's been setting the entire strategic direction of the club, running coaching, transfer and youth policy, setting tactics, etc, etc if you think it's HIS fault that we've ended up in third division.

Where exactly did I say that? What nonsense. The captain at a club is influential. If not, he is not doing his job. Just listen to what he said about his discussions with Paul Cook.
Luke Chambers on 14:48 - Apr 5 with 231 viewsBlueBadger

Luke Chambers on 14:42 - Apr 5 by braveblue

Where exactly did I say that? What nonsense. The captain at a club is influential. If not, he is not doing his job. Just listen to what he said about his discussions with Paul Cook.

'Very influential during years of constant decline'.

He's just a player, end of the day. He has vey little clout when it comes to funding, overall club strategy, etc etc.

Still, It's nice to see you hold him in such high regard that you think he does, even if it is utterly misplaced.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 14:49]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Luke Chambers on 14:53 - Apr 5 with 219 viewstownblue

Luke Chambers on 14:48 - Apr 5 by BlueBadger

'Very influential during years of constant decline'.

He's just a player, end of the day. He has vey little clout when it comes to funding, overall club strategy, etc etc.

Still, It's nice to see you hold him in such high regard that you think he does, even if it is utterly misplaced.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 14:49]

Has he not been an influential player during that time then?
Luke Chambers on 15:05 - Apr 5 with 204 viewsBLUEBEAT

My only issue is with him at RB, where he regularly gets out-stripped.

Stick him CD and it’s all good.

And what a lovely man he is etc.

Poll: W or W

Luke Chambers on 15:47 - Apr 5 with 181 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Not bothered either way - same as almost all the others out of contract.

Been a decent player for us, obviously a top bloke etc.
Luke Chambers on 15:58 - Apr 5 with 166 viewsRyorry

Luke Chambers on 16:31 - Apr 4 by Illinoisblue

The obsession with Chambers is weird when our main problems - fundamental problems - are creating chances and scoring goals.

And Chambo has scored 3 for us this season ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024