Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How do you feel about Mark Ashton as CEO? 13:04 - Apr 9 with 584 viewsunstableblue

How do you feel about Mark Ashton as CEO?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

How do you feel about Mark Ashton as CEO? on 13:07 - Apr 9 with 547 viewsBlueBadger

Is he a 'technical' CEO or an old-skool CEO?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Here he is..... on 14:22 - Apr 9 with 455 viewsunstableblue

How do you feel about Mark Ashton as CEO? on 13:07 - Apr 9 by BlueBadger

Is he a 'technical' CEO or an old-skool CEO?

..... what took you so long: my personal troll/stalker is in the house!

I had created an ironic and witty riposte to your MK Dons jibe... but had to dash off, and failed to complete - its like burning books.

To answer the question Bristol City fans feel he has strayed too far into squad transactions and his appointment of managers has been left wanting - perhaps not using 'technical' approaches? See below.

"Ashton, who was named Championship CEO of the year in 2019, has been a divisive figure among the fanbase at Bristol City since joining the club full-time in 2016 having initially worked as a consultant at the start of the decade.
The 49-year-old has earned the club substantial fees in terms of driving player sales to Premier League sides but his growing influence on recruitment has led to criticism from supporters over his role.
Ashton's prominent role in appointing Lee Johnson's successor also failed to endear him to fans with the decision to appoint the inexperienced Dean Holden over more established figures such as Chris Hughton and Paul Cook, now Ipswich manager."

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Here he is..... on 14:24 - Apr 9 with 449 viewschrismakin

Here he is..... on 14:22 - Apr 9 by unstableblue

..... what took you so long: my personal troll/stalker is in the house!

I had created an ironic and witty riposte to your MK Dons jibe... but had to dash off, and failed to complete - its like burning books.

To answer the question Bristol City fans feel he has strayed too far into squad transactions and his appointment of managers has been left wanting - perhaps not using 'technical' approaches? See below.

"Ashton, who was named Championship CEO of the year in 2019, has been a divisive figure among the fanbase at Bristol City since joining the club full-time in 2016 having initially worked as a consultant at the start of the decade.
The 49-year-old has earned the club substantial fees in terms of driving player sales to Premier League sides but his growing influence on recruitment has led to criticism from supporters over his role.
Ashton's prominent role in appointing Lee Johnson's successor also failed to endear him to fans with the decision to appoint the inexperienced Dean Holden over more established figures such as Chris Hughton and Paul Cook, now Ipswich manager."

Maybe he didnt sign PC as he knew both would end up here ;)

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024