Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wind up or exciting comment from our new American overlords? 09:41 - Apr 12 with 3060 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Just saw this on twitter:

Exciting stuff if this is for real.

Phil any idea if this account is on the level?

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Wind up or exciting comment from our new American overlords? on 12:01 - Apr 12 with 463 viewsJDB23

Wind up or exciting comment from our new American overlords? on 11:56 - Apr 12 by PJH

We are in the third division-I honestly thought that we had 'bought' a place in the Premier League the night that we as shareholders approved the Marcus Evans takeover but trying or even needing to buy a promotion place out of the third division is embarrassing.

There is some point to trying to buy promotion from The Championship although usually that fails but talking about splashing the cash to get out of this level is laughable.

Yes agreed it’s laughable it’s come to this. Still, having money available so the manager can actually build a team he wants instead of having some jumbled unbalanced mess must be a positive.
Wind up or exciting comment from our new American overlords? on 12:04 - Apr 12 with 446 viewschrismakin

Wind up or exciting comment from our new American overlords? on 11:56 - Apr 12 by PJH

We are in the third division-I honestly thought that we had 'bought' a place in the Premier League the night that we as shareholders approved the Marcus Evans takeover but trying or even needing to buy a promotion place out of the third division is embarrassing.

There is some point to trying to buy promotion from The Championship although usually that fails but talking about splashing the cash to get out of this level is laughable.

even when Evans tried to spend, it was £2.5 mill on Norris
or £2 mill on Lee Martin

If you're going to spend, it needs to be well spent

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Wind up or exciting comment from our new American overlords? on 12:06 - Apr 12 with 437 viewsPJH

Wind up or exciting comment from our new American overlords? on 12:01 - Apr 12 by JDB23

Yes agreed it’s laughable it’s come to this. Still, having money available so the manager can actually build a team he wants instead of having some jumbled unbalanced mess must be a positive.

Yes it is better having some money rather than none but we should have learnt from the ME takeover that boasting about having money available might not be a good idea-not saying that you are boasting but the bloke on Twitter seems to be.

Anyone we enquire about is now more expensive in transfer fees and wages than they would have been a few days ago I would imagine.
Wind up or exciting comment from our new American overlords? on 12:08 - Apr 12 with 419 viewschrismakin

Wind up or exciting comment from our new American overlords? on 12:06 - Apr 12 by PJH

Yes it is better having some money rather than none but we should have learnt from the ME takeover that boasting about having money available might not be a good idea-not saying that you are boasting but the bloke on Twitter seems to be.

Anyone we enquire about is now more expensive in transfer fees and wages than they would have been a few days ago I would imagine.

It might not just be about spending on players though

We need the CEO, although Ashton has been spoken about, I've heard a whisper we're looking at a prem CEO to come down to take us forwards.

We know the pitch, ground etc needs work

Cat 1 academy will be their biggest priority I would imagine too.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Wind up or exciting comment from our new American overlords? on 12:12 - Apr 12 with 400 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Wind up or exciting comment from our new American overlords? on 11:59 - Apr 12 by crossyitfc

Budgie on a wind-up. Def info

Could be but his LinkedIn profile checks out with similar comments on there.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Wind up or exciting comment from our new American overlords? on 12:13 - Apr 12 with 399 viewsHarryB

Wind up or exciting comment from our new American overlords? on 12:08 - Apr 12 by chrismakin

It might not just be about spending on players though

We need the CEO, although Ashton has been spoken about, I've heard a whisper we're looking at a prem CEO to come down to take us forwards.

We know the pitch, ground etc needs work

Cat 1 academy will be their biggest priority I would imagine too.

i hope we dont go for players like will grigg who have done it but a long time ago. i think them sort of players would not really help us.
Wind up or exciting comment from our new American overlords? on 12:22 - Apr 12 with 361 viewsJDB23

Wind up or exciting comment from our new American overlords? on 12:06 - Apr 12 by PJH

Guess it depends on a few things. Obviously clubs will be struggling due to the pandemic, they may not be in a position to ask above a reasonable price. Also, if we really do have a good amount to spend then that should mean we’re not limited to a small number of targets, so we can move on if the price being asked is too high.

Plenty to consider, we’ll find out the answers in the summer. Don’t forget we got fleeced for Jackson, Nolan etc even when we weren’t flush with cash.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024