Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 10:03 - Apr 14 with 1083 viewsCoco

formation?? IT CLEARLY ISNT WORKING! He is too rigid and hasn't got the players to play it.

'WHY is Cook changing the formation all the time!? The players don;t know what to do!'

'WHY isn't Cook sticking with his 4-2-3-1 formation?'

Have heard it all now from fans. Lol.
Cook has said how he wants to play and that the players are not up to it. He has said he will try everything to get us over the line this season but the players are proving they are not up to it. He is desperately trying to get a tune out of them, to find something that works but it is proving impossible. He is chopping and changing so it's easy for 'knowledgable' fans to gripe but the results would be the same if he wasn't, and guess what.....these same fanes would be moaning about him not trying new things.

'He hasn't improved things at all?' 'Why no bounce'

What has given anyone any inclination over the past 2 years that these players are capable of a bounce? They are pathetic.

This isn't Cook we're witnessing but a man going against all his principles to try and salvage something that was never ever really gonna happen. This lot were never going to do anything special, it aint in their nature.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 10:06 - Apr 14 with 1049 viewsjayessess

Thing is they didn't need to "do anything special", they just needed to replicate their results against bottom half opposition from the first half of the season.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 10:15 - Apr 14 with 1010 viewsCoco

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 10:06 - Apr 14 by jayessess

Thing is they didn't need to "do anything special", they just needed to replicate their results against bottom half opposition from the first half of the season.

This team is ALWAYS 'just 3 points away' from safety, from play-offs, from anything. It doesn't who the opposition is at this stage, if they have to deliver, the mental fragility means they will buckle.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 10:26 - Apr 14 with 964 viewsjayessess

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 10:15 - Apr 14 by Coco

This team is ALWAYS 'just 3 points away' from safety, from play-offs, from anything. It doesn't who the opposition is at this stage, if they have to deliver, the mental fragility means they will buckle.

I said when he took over, I'd be surprised, disappointed and a little concerned if through motivation, tactics and tactical instruction, he couldn't ultimately improve on Lambert. Generally speaking when a managerial appointment is a good fit you start to see some modest uptick fairly quickly.

I think it's safe to say that he can't find a way to get decent performances out of any combination from this squad. Not even to the levels that Lambert occasionally found. That is worrying, because you hope that a good manager makes most players a bit better and every team a bit more cohesive. It leaves a lot riding on his other managerial abilities like recruitment and coaching.

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 10:31 - Apr 14 with 940 viewsCoco

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 10:26 - Apr 14 by jayessess

I said when he took over, I'd be surprised, disappointed and a little concerned if through motivation, tactics and tactical instruction, he couldn't ultimately improve on Lambert. Generally speaking when a managerial appointment is a good fit you start to see some modest uptick fairly quickly.

I think it's safe to say that he can't find a way to get decent performances out of any combination from this squad. Not even to the levels that Lambert occasionally found. That is worrying, because you hope that a good manager makes most players a bit better and every team a bit more cohesive. It leaves a lot riding on his other managerial abilities like recruitment and coaching.

I agree but also don't think Cook is a 'quick-fix' type of manager like an up-n-at-em Allardyce/McCarthy type. He needs a slow burn to implement his ideas with HIS players.

If we wanted a short-term bump then we should have gone for Warnock or maybe even the Cowley's but neither of those are what the football purists want long-term.

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 10:38 - Apr 14 with 914 viewschrismakin

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 10:06 - Apr 14 by jayessess

Clearly player stamina and fitness appears to be a massive issue at the club, so if we ignore the added potential of the players just not caring enough, they may just be knackered compared to some other clubs. A Few look miles off the pace of the game, etc

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 10:41 - Apr 14 with 881 viewschrismakin

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 10:31 - Apr 14 by Coco

I agree but also don't think Cook is a 'quick-fix' type of manager like an up-n-at-em Allardyce/McCarthy type. He needs a slow burn to implement his ideas with HIS players.

If we wanted a short-term bump then we should have gone for Warnock or maybe even the Cowley's but neither of those are what the football purists want long-term.

let's be honest here, PC was also the prime manager to take this on considering his favoured formation was the one we had been playing all season! All he wanted to do was increase the attacking ability and threat of the team that had struggled all season

The fact the side struggle with the simplist commands is embarrassing, their fitness levels are a joke and it wouldn't have mattered who came in, no 1 would have seen this season out any different than Cook

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 10:59 - Apr 14 with 825 viewsJammyDodgerrr

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 10:38 - Apr 14 by chrismakin

Clearly player stamina and fitness appears to be a massive issue at the club, so if we ignore the added potential of the players just not caring enough, they may just be knackered compared to some other clubs. A Few look miles off the pace of the game, etc

Do genuinely think our fitness is the issue at this point. The fact the players couldn't do two double sessions in a row speaks volumes, we all know the problems with not having a fitness coach and rushing players back from injuries.

That said, i do think Cook has made a mistake moving from his preferred formation. He has caved to the players too early and it hasn't worked at all; if anything we are worse.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 11:15 - Apr 14 with 787 viewsjayessess

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 10:59 - Apr 14 by JammyDodgerrr

Do genuinely think our fitness is the issue at this point. The fact the players couldn't do two double sessions in a row speaks volumes, we all know the problems with not having a fitness coach and rushing players back from injuries.

That said, i do think Cook has made a mistake moving from his preferred formation. He has caved to the players too early and it hasn't worked at all; if anything we are worse.

Agree on both points. We have good patches, but they're dependent on energy levels we just don't have.

I was also always extremely sceptical about the merits of 2 up front, even when everyone was clamouring for it on here.

Login to get fewer ads

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 11:55 - Apr 14 with 744 viewsJammyDodgerrr

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 11:15 - Apr 14 by jayessess

Agree on both points. We have good patches, but they're dependent on energy levels we just don't have.

I was also always extremely sceptical about the merits of 2 up front, even when everyone was clamouring for it on here.

Yeah me too - it just doesn't suit our players - we don't have the midfielders for it.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 13:53 - Apr 14 with 693 viewsRadlett_blue

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 10:41 - Apr 14 by chrismakin

let's be honest here, PC was also the prime manager to take this on considering his favoured formation was the one we had been playing all season! All he wanted to do was increase the attacking ability and threat of the team that had struggled all season

The fact the side struggle with the simplist commands is embarrassing, their fitness levels are a joke and it wouldn't have mattered who came in, no 1 would have seen this season out any different than Cook

I think people obsess too much over specific formations. Any decent football team has to be fluid. Style of play is probably more important. I have seen some signs that Cook encouraged the players to move the ball more quickly. We were electric for 30 minutes against Plymouth, but that wasn't sustained. There is clearly something completely wrong with the mentality of the team & Cook has been unable to change that one iota. He's gone down the Lambert route of rotating players & formations, with predictably disastrous results - the players look even more like strangers.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 13:56 - Apr 14 with 683 viewschrismakin

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 11:15 - Apr 14 by jayessess

2 up top is even more demanding as the midfield are 1 man down and they have to work harder, which with our squad is asking for trouble

I think the 4 2 3 1 should have been kept with, he's learnt nothing other than this lot can't play alternative systems.

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 14:04 - Apr 14 with 657 viewsjayessess

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 13:56 - Apr 14 by chrismakin

2 up top is even more demanding as the midfield are 1 man down and they have to work harder, which with our squad is asking for trouble

I think the 4 2 3 1 should have been kept with, he's learnt nothing other than this lot can't play alternative systems.

Back to Cook basics V1 and hope that the better players being fit means it works better, for me. Downes/Dozzell as the 2. Pick Norwood, KVY and Kenlock if they're available. Pick the 3 other forwards from a hat if you want, they're all flawed.

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 14:05 - Apr 14 with 650 viewschrismakin

WHY is Cook not changing from his 4-2-3-1 on 14:04 - Apr 14 by jayessess

Back to Cook basics V1 and hope that the better players being fit means it works better, for me. Downes/Dozzell as the 2. Pick Norwood, KVY and Kenlock if they're available. Pick the 3 other forwards from a hat if you want, they're all flawed.

Yeah I agree, I know it's 5 points but lets be honest it's gone.

Let's just see the likes of Downes, KVY etc getting to know the system in advance of pre season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024